Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-20, 12:08 PM  
bubbles76

Lauren Brooks - Sale Still On

Since Lauren's 70off sale is still on, I was wondering about these dvds:
  • Luscious and Lean
  • Sexy Strength
  • Kettlebell Lightning

I know that Kettlebell Lightning has club work. How much club work? I don't have clubs and don't anticipate getting any. I would hate to get this workout when the majority of it is club work. Also, how are the other two? I know they are set in a studio, but that's about it. I think one is more lower body focused than the other. Are any of these workouts so different from her other offerings to justify having them all?

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 02:06 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

It’s been a while since I have done those workouts. Lightning definitely doesn’t need clubs for the majority. I think it’s like a ten minute bonus at the end of something like that. The majority is definitely just kettlebells. Lean and Strength aren’t so much lower focused as cardio and strength building focused. I’m assuming Lean being the one that is more cardio focused i.e. swings etc to raise your heart rate and Sexy Strength more slow to allow for heavier bells to build strength.

I like all three but I like Lauren and bell workouts. Lightning is set up to easily use sections as add ones to other workouts if you like doing that. It has three 14 minute sections, one 12 minute Ab section and a 6 min mental toughness chapter. You can add on a chapter or do the whole thing. It’s also great as a complete workout.

I also like Lean and Strength. One of them has deck squats which aren’t in a lot of workouts. Since they are her newest workouts they are more current with the way she does stuff. Her style has changed a little bit over the years. Not as much as Dasha Anderson’s but a little bit. Lean and Strength play well with each other since they were made that way so they work well as a set.

The vidiot would say if you can afford it get all three because they are all different from each other. If that doesn’t work for you I’d say get Lean and Strength. If you prefer shorter workouts with bells just get Lightning as it’s already set up to be broken up (Upper 14 min, Lower 14 min, Abs 12 min, 6 min mental toughness + 12 minute club bell workout). HTH.

Carla
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-20, 05:13 PM  
bubbles76

Thank you cjayd! I think some other threads said that Breezy Trousers liked Lightning, and I generally like everything she likes I may have to get all three.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell lightning, lauren brooks, luscious and lean, sexy strength