Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-20, 06:40 PM  
pgun3

workout organization

So what are some Ideas on how to organize my workouts...I have Cathe on the top and then the firm but after that they are just all over the place!!!! HELP I am not very organized.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 08:44 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

You sound like me! My DVDs are grouped by instructor. That's as organized as I can get.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 10:22 AM  
laurajhawk

It depends a lot on your collection and how you think about them! I'd say half or more of mine are yoga, so my shelf goes: kundalini yoga (alphabetical by instructor), other yoga (alphabetical by instructor), barre/pilates (same), then everything else (also alphabetical by instructor). As long as I can find what I'm looking for, I figure it's working, and when I want to browse, those categories work for me. At one point I tried separating cardio from strength, but too many DVDs have both and that also split too many instructors - I usually want to see an instructor's DVDs all together. (I put Jessica Smith's yoga on the yoga shelf, but it took some thinking, lol.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 03:09 PM  
deineira

I organize by type and within that alphabetically - so I have a section for barre, weightlifting, kickboxing, ypga, etc. EXCEPT for instructors/series that I have a lot of, then they get their own section. So in my collection that's Cathe, Firm (Tracie Long is clustered together with these, Michelle Dozois. Classical Stretch. for me, if I have more than 5 or 6 workouts by the same instructor, they'll get their own section. If I have fewer than that, then I put them together by type of workout. If it's a set, and I don't have anything else by that person (like MetaShred), I keep it with the same type.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 03:50 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
It depends a lot on your collection and how you think about them! I'd say half or more of mine are yoga, so my shelf goes: kundalini yoga (alphabetical by instructor), other yoga (alphabetical by instructor), barre/pilates (same), then everything else (also alphabetical by instructor). As long as I can find what I'm looking for, I figure it's working, and when I want to browse, those categories work for me. At one point I tried separating cardio from strength, but too many DVDs have both and that also split too many instructors - I usually want to see an instructor's DVDs all together. (I put Jessica Smith's yoga on the yoga shelf, but it took some thinking, lol.)
I usually have a lot of workouts by the same instructor ex: cathe, firm, jessica. This gives me a headache LOL I sometimes pull workouts off the shelf then they end up on the floor, in the case of course LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
You sound like me! My DVDs are grouped by instructor. That's as organized as I can get.
Organization is just so stressful LOL

Thanks ladies for the suggestions!! Now I have to get downstairs and do it
Old 05-03-20, 04:41 PM  
sillygirl

I organize mine alphabetically by instructor first name then brands and workout systems are grouped together alphabetically by title at the end.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 04:54 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I organize mine alphabetically by instructor first name then brands and workout systems are grouped together alphabetically by title at the end.
thanks sillygirl!! Love the name~
Old 05-03-20, 07:44 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I organize by type and within that alphabetically - so I have a section for barre, weightlifting, kickboxing, ypga, etc. EXCEPT for instructors/series that I have a lot of, then they get their own section. So in my collection that's Cathe, Firm (Tracie Long is clustered together with these, Michelle Dozois. Classical Stretch. for me, if I have more than 5 or 6 workouts by the same instructor, they'll get their own section. If I have fewer than that, then I put them together by type of workout. If it's a set, and I don't have anything else by that person (like MetaShred), I keep it with the same type.
This is exactly what I do except I am not organized enough to alphabetize within each section.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 07:07 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
thanks sillygirl!! Love the name~
Thanks! I am known to be silly sometimes.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
organizing, storage