Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-19, 11:38 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
I have bought every release Cathe has put out since discovering her in 2003. In the past I have signed up for On Demand and cancelled it after 6 months because I just wasn't using it. In December I retired for good. No working what so ever. So today I decided to give her another shot now that I have more time. Hopefully I'll get more use out of streaming her than I did before. Streaming can serve multiple needs. For me I can use her at the Y to do her upper body workouts. For others it's like you said, a trial period to try out some of the workouts you don't have. The beauty of it is you can cancel anytime as log as you didn't sign up for a 6 month or long year commitment. Good luck with your decision.
Good point too on being able to take it with you....I think my decision is made to just do it, hah!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 12:18 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Okay, I cancelled Live and used the link posted above to sign up for the 7-day trial for On Demand and just watched the blender tutorial...holy moly! That is so cool, not that I have any idea as to what workouts of my own I'd create because I haven't thought about it! But I can definitely see the draw of having her On Demand for that alone...but I still want to own the DVDs, darn it! (wants her cake and to eat it too....)
Old 02-27-19, 12:42 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I'm sorry, and I don't mean to change the subject in my own thread, but HOW would you knit with a cat in your lap??? My own lap fungus wakes up and starts playing with the ties on my sweatshirts if I move at all while watching something on TV....I can't imagine yarn, hah hah hah hah hah hah!!!
The other thing I worried about with losing cable was how am I going to get access to PBS, which we watch a LOT of in our house. Sounds like Roku is a solution for that too. You've given me so much to think about, thank you!!
I don't think everything on PBS is free via Roku, but there are some shows that are.

Even more off-topic:

Lap fungus

My cat is 14 (we adopted him over a year ago) and is a total lap cat & living out his senior retirement years with us. He has shown no interest in toys (except occasionally his little catnip mice) despite my best efforts to "play" with him on occasion. For instance, he looks at me like I'm nuts when I try waiving a feather wand toy over his head or drag a toy on a string along the ground. He could care less.

He just curls up in my lap and goes to sleep and is quite unconcerned with anything I'm doing. A couple times he's been awake, facing me, and briefly (half-heartedly) batted at my working yarn hanging down. But he just bats at it once and it's only happened a few times.

There was one instance where I had hand-wound a little ball of yarn and he unwound it partially by batting it across the room. But otherwise he always leaves my yarn and projects alone so I'm able to leave everything out in the open without worry that he's going to go on a yarn frenzy when I'm not there.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 12:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I don't think everything on PBS is free via Roku, but there are some shows that are.

Even more off-topic:

Lap fungus

My cat is 14 (we adopted him over a year ago) and is a total lap cat & living out his senior retirement years with us. He has shown no interest in toys (except occasionally his little catnip mice) despite my best efforts to "play" with him on occasion. For instance, he looks at me like I'm nuts when I try waiving a feather wand toy over his head or drag a toy on a string along the ground. He could care less.

He just curls up in my lap and goes to sleep and is quite unconcerned with anything I'm doing. A couple times he's been awake, facing me, and briefly (half-heartedly) batted at my working yarn hanging down. But he just bats at it once and it's only happened a few times.

There was one instance where I had hand-wound a little ball of yarn and he unwound it partially by batting it across the room. But otherwise he always leaves my yarn and projects alone so I'm able to leave everything out in the open without worry that he's going to go on a yarn frenzy when I'm not there.
That is hilarious! Our two cats have such different personalities, and it's the younger one that's the lap fungus and string attacker/tail attacker....his favorite toy is really the dog's tail! The older one's favorite toy is the dog...he just enjoys attacking the dog and being a general bad-ass when he's not sleeping, which is most of the time, sigh. Oh, but then again, I suppose his other favorites are his feathered mousy toys which he enjoys howling loudly about and bringing as gifts to us at 3:00 am when we are trying to sleep. Yep, he's that kinda cat!
Old 03-04-19, 05:00 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Funny cat and knitting conversation. I haven't knitted in awhile and needed to concentrate completely on what I was doing so watching something was out of the question unless I was knitting a scarf in stockinette stitch. I can't imagine doing anything with a cat on my lap.
ANYWAY... the reason why I searched for this thread is I am wondering if Cathe On Demand includes her new offerings. I want to try the LITE Body weight and Bands before I buy the download to take on vacation with me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 05:34 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Funny cat and knitting conversation. I haven't knitted in awhile and needed to concentrate completely on what I was doing so watching something was out of the question unless I was knitting a scarf in stockinette stitch. I can't imagine doing anything with a cat on my lap.
ANYWAY... the reason why I searched for this thread is I am wondering if Cathe On Demand includes her new offerings. I want to try the LITE Body weight and Bands before I buy the download to take on vacation with me.

According to this post in cathe's forum, LITE & premixes were added to On Demand in mid-January:

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/we-h...demand.311547/

Hope that helps.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-19, 10:27 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
According to this post in cathe's forum, LITE & premixes were added to On Demand in mid-January:

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/we-h...demand.311547/

Hope that helps.
Yes, thank you! I think I am going to try the one week trial.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime videos, cathe on demand, flex train