Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-17, 12:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
lol. did you get it on video?
No. The DH saw it.

I like the Roomba so far but have a question. It seems to have trouble finding the dock. I've tried putting the dock in several locations and it just zips off in another direction. The instructions aren't very helpful in that regard. I hope it isn't defective.

Also, does anyone have/use the remote. Is it worth buying?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 01:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
No. The DH saw it.

I like the Roomba so far but have a question. It seems to have trouble finding the dock. I've tried putting the dock in several locations and it just zips off in another direction. The instructions aren't very helpful in that regard. I hope it isn't defective.

Also, does anyone have/use the remote. Is it worth buying?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
ours recently has been having trouble latching onto the dock - it can find it but doesn't latch. we've had it for 2 years and it docked fine for a long time.

i've noticed that the docking station needs to be level with the roomba - we have a room where the floor is slightly uneven (old house).

no - i don't have the remote. however, the model we have is progammable - never used it yet!

found some tips regarding docking and testing the docking:
https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/a...al-walls%C2%AE.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 07:04 PM  
DBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
ours recently has been having trouble latching onto the dock - it can find it but doesn't latch. we've had it for 2 years and it docked fine for a long time.
Me too, I put a slanted door stopper, one of the rubber kind, under and behind the base, and that helps.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 08:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBW View Post
Me too, I put a slanted door stopper, one of the rubber kind, under and behind the base, and that helps.
thanks - we have a wedge handy and will try that.

it's funny when it goes nearby to dock - it looks like a small animal trying to figure out how to get through a gate, attracted by food on the other side!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 01:40 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 04:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

So, we've had the Roomba for a while and I like it! It is great at picking up pet hair. I run it every day and when I open it up to clean it, I'd swear there is a cat in there!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-17, 05:42 PM  
sherry7899

We have three black cats and light carpeting and floors. You can imagine how much fur I vacuum up. Maybe I will look into a roomba someday.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off-topic, roomba