Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-17, 09:37 AM  
bubbles76

I was considering the G-Forces but don't have a rebounder. How well do they translate to the floor? Thinking of alternating with jumping rope or just doing the movements to the floor.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:06 AM  
TinaT

Hopefully someone will chime in about G-Force. I haven't had that one since the VHS days. I get rid of my rebounder years ago.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 11:23 AM  
Garrie A.

I have G-Force 1 with Tracie. You could do the workout entirely on the floor. One of the segments does have tuck jumps. I skip the weight training (and just do the rebounding segments). If you do decide to do the weight segments, one set is leg press, so have your Fanny Lifter, TransFirmer, or tall box handy.

I do the workout on the rebounder, since I have one
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 01:51 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
1) Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights (Tracie Long)
2) Firm Basics: Fat Burning (Jennifer Carman & Stacey Milner-Collins)
3) Firm Basics: Abs, Buns & Thighs (Stacey Milner-Collins)

I also group the 2 Prime Powers videos (Fat Burning and Lower Body) and the 2 Basics 12-Minute Time Crunch series (Weights and Cardio) together with the 3 listed above.
Thank you Gina! I'll check clips for those!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 01:52 PM  
deineira

I have the G-Force workouts too, and I guess you could do them on the floor, but I don't know that they're worth doing that way. There's nothing unique about them that you would want to have them if you don't have a rebounder unless you're a Firm completist. The one with Tracey is good. The one with Anna is OK, and the other one I have I found really boring. If you were going to get one, get Tracey's. It burned a good amount of calories, was moderately challenging, and I just like her in everything. If you love Tracey, it's worth having for sure.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 04:34 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks! Love Tracey, that was the main one i was considering
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 04:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I have the G-Force workouts too, and I guess you could do them on the floor, but I don't know that they're worth doing that way. There's nothing unique about them that you would want to have them if you don't have a rebounder unless you're a Firm completist. The one with Tracey is good. The one with Anna is OK, and the other one I have I found really boring. If you were going to get one, get Tracey's. It burned a good amount of calories, was moderately challenging, and I just like her in everything. If you love Tracey, it's worth having for sure.
I really like G-Force 1 with Tracie too, but I agree with deineira that it isn't really worth it to do on the floor. Most of the workout is bouncing on the rebounder. If I were going to do floor cardio anyway I'd probably pick up something else from the Firm.
Old 03-20-17, 05:41 PM  
TinaT

I'm over at Mary's site considering a few more Fit Fav Firms and I noticed some are moving closer to being out of stock.

Tough Tape w/Tracie - 22 left @ TF. Out of Stock at FF.
Buns, Hips & Thighs w/Tracie - 90 @ TF. Out of Stock @ FF.
5 Day Abs - Out of Stock @ both.
Cardio w/Heidi - Out of Stock @ both.

Other titles at TF have some well under 100 copies. Some under 50 copies. I waited too long and missed out on Firm Cardio. Bummer for me.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 05:54 PM  
ncl

I bought Up and Down and Core First of the Kickbutts for 2.99 each as I didn't have these on a formal DVD (I had burned my VHS to DVD, but on DVD-R and I think those will die sooner than a regular DVD).
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-17, 06:39 PM  
wendug

Don't forget to check amazon for copies of Firm dvd's you might want. A couple of weeks ago I was able to get Calorie Killer 2 (aka Power Cardio) with Dale Brabham new for $1.99. Goodwill was the seller, which I didn't realize they sold stuff through Amazon, and I did have to pay $3.99 for shipping. I was happy to get such a bargain! But you have to check frequently as things can be bought quickly!

Tags
firm, fitness favorites