Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-17, 09:18 AM  
bubbles76

Sleek Technique - Question

I was thinking of asking Big Bubble for Sleek Technique 3 DVD set for my birthday. However, when I did the Sleek Technique workout from Sweaty Betty (the first one) it went fast. Very fast! I felt like I was flailing all over the place. And there wasn't much form instruction, like foot placement. You just had to pretty much just watch what they were doing. I need pointers! It was plenty intense though, and I liked the movements. They were just...fast! Are the dvds this fast? And is there any instruction?

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 09:36 AM  
sbh

Yes, I find them to be fast too. If you are experienced in ballet form, then the workouts are easier to follow. I've been taking adult beginner ballet classes for a couple of years now and I still find them somewhat fast. There is some form cueing. She cues form from a fitness perspective, but not from a ballet perspective. Which is why I decided to try traditional ballet classes. I prefer an actual ballet class to ballet workouts.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 09:38 AM  
bubbles76

Thank you Sherri! Well, if the dvds are as fast as the online workout then I'll probably request something else from Big Bubble. Can you recommend something similar on dvd, only at a slower pace and more form pointers? Or should I just go to a beginner adult ballet class? That won't be feasible for some time, but it's been something I've been thinking about for awhile anyway.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 03-06-17, 09:48 AM  
sbh

I have been taking online beginner ballet classes. Local adult classes are too late in the evening for me. Kathryn Morgan is an excellent ballet instructor. She mirror cues and explains the ballet form in great definition. She also reminds you of it constantly during her classes. You can find her here:

http://www.powhow.com/classes/kathryn-morgans-studio

I buy each class separately instead of a package deal. She also allows you to download the class so you can have it permanently.

She also has a youtube channel with some free beginner classes too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tutugirlkem
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 09:56 AM  
bubbles76

Thank you Sherri!
Old 03-06-17, 06:59 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bubbles, I did the youtube workout a while back and I agree it is very fast, almost to a frantic pace, it's fun though. The DVDs are not that fast at all imo. I think the form pointers are ok for a workout DVD, I don't have a problem following them. The only DVD that is a bit confusing to me is the barre one, because the way it is filmed, I'm used to mirror every workout (even if the instructors doesn't mirror cues), and with this one it is not that evident, I guess it'd get better if I did it more often, I think the workouts are fun, but they're not extremely challenging, it doesn't mean they're not effective though, to be honest I haven't do them long enough, but I do love them.

My favorite ballet workout is Element Ballet Conditioning, nice pace, I like the music, and the outdoor setting, the core work is very challenging (Pilates), the instructor is likable too, and it has given me great results when I did it frequently.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 08:01 PM  
bubbles76

Hi Sugar! Thanks for your input. I really liked the intensity of the online workout, but 15 minutes in and I just could not follow it anymore. If the dvds aren't that fast, that would be great. However, you say the intensity isn't there. It looks to be a lovely set -- nice music, great setting, instructors with exquisite form.

I think I will check out the Element Ballet Conditioning and maybe put the Balletones on my wishlist. I would hate to get the set only to trade it.
Old 03-06-17, 11:13 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Bubbles! They are not that slow, that you would get bored either, they're just not frantic as the one on youtube. The barre ones are slower in pace, because they're toning, but the bootcamps have a nice pace to me, it has been a while though, so I can't give more details, but it is a fun and lovely set, hope someone else will chime in. The EBC is a toning workout, so it has a slower pace, so you can concentrate in form and grace, it is a great lower body/core shaper. It has some little jumps at the end before the core work, that are just fun (and there is not a lot of reps, so it is not dreadful).

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 01:20 PM  
TinaS

Have you tried the Sweaty Betty Ballet Bootcamp enCore workout on Youtube? I thought it was easier to follow than the SB Ballet Bootcamp workout.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 01:44 PM  
leigh1673

If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a Free 7 Day Trial for "Yoga and Fitness TV" and try out all of the Sleek Technique dvd workouts via streaming.

On 2nd thought, I don't even know if you need to be a Prime member. You might be able to sign up for the free trial anyway.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime videos, element ballet, sleek technique