Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-15, 11:34 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Thanks Sue! I ordered it from the library. Interesting - the book isn't even published yet and there are already 4 requests before me!
You're more patient than I am - I'm getting the Kindle version for instant gratification

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-15, 02:23 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Debbie S. has been doing one light, medium, and heavy weight workout a week. She's been doing that for years. Her heavy is also heavier than what most VFers consider heavy.

I like to alternate medium and light weight workouts.
Old 11-09-15, 02:49 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
It can also be done with the Drop Two Sizes set, although each phase has different exercises.
My problem with D2S was the balance work combined with the weight work. I had to lighten my weights considerably in order to keep my balance since I have balance problems. I have since decided to work on balance on its own and not combine it with lifting weights. For me, and I suspect many others, it's an invitation to injury.
Old 11-09-15, 05:24 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
You're more patient than I am - I'm getting the Kindle version for instant gratification
Lol! But please don't post about it , otherwise I may give in to the Kindle version too
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 06:39 AM  
IceQueen07

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have samples of a rotation that they use to alternate high/medium/low rep or point me to some links. This sounds interesting and may help me since I am not loving the results from STS right now, but still want to lift.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 08:09 AM  
upperwside

Alternating heavy lifting with lighter more endurance weights or lighter kettlebells is my perfect formula. If I lift heavy for too long.. I build too much muscle.. I then do lighter weight workouts for a while and it all keeps it in balance. I love both styles.. and it keeps me from getting too lean nor too muscular.. It also keeps me from getting bored with workouts as I can mix a bit of everything in. Loving Cathe live for moderate/light to metabolic and Athletica.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 01:42 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Alternating heavy lifting with lighter more endurance weights or lighter kettlebells is my perfect formula. If I lift heavy for too long.. I build too much muscle.. I then do lighter weight workouts for a while and it all keeps it in balance. I love both styles.. and it keeps me from getting too lean nor too muscular.. It also keeps me from getting bored with workouts as I can mix a bit of everything in. Loving Cathe live for moderate/light to metabolic and Athletica.
Do you alternate in the same week or a couple weeks of say light and then a couple of weeks of heavy? I have a bunch of Cathe workouts (xtrain, ICE, RWH, LIS) and then body pump and also SB barre streaming that I could pull from.

**Candice**
Old 04-09-16, 03:13 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Is it one week low reps, one week medium reps, and one week high reps?
Or - is within the same week, there's a low rep, medium rep, and high rep workout? I think Debbie S was doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Debbie S. has been doing one light, medium, and heavy weight workout a week. She's been doing that for years. Her heavy is also heavier than what most VFers consider heavy.

I like to alternate medium and light weight workouts.
I just saw this thread.

Helen and Anita are right! I started training this way 8 1/2 years ago, and I swear by this method. It's definitely been the magic formula for me.

I also do a spin on light/med/heavy weekly, by doing a kettlebell circuit/bodyweight circuit/and dumbbell circuit weekly, which is equally effective for me.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 04:03 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I just saw this thread.

Helen and Anita are right! I started training this way 8 1/2 years ago, and I swear by this method. It's definitely been the magic formula for me.

I also do a spin on light/med/heavy weekly, by doing a kettlebell circuit/bodyweight circuit/and dumbbell circuit weekly, which is equally effective for me.
Debbie - do you use specific DVDs or just random exercises in your rotations?

**Candice**
Old 04-09-16, 04:22 PM  
upperwside

[QUOTE=IceQueen07;2626481]Do you alternate in the same week or a couple weeks of say light and then a couple of weeks of heavy? I have a bunch of Cathe workouts (xtrain, ICE, RWH, LIS) and then body pump and also SB barre streaming that I could pull from.[/QUOTE

Both.. I will do maybe two heavy workouts in a week and another two more endutance or metablolic. Sometimes I will do a few weeks of heavy based and then a few weeks on endurance/metabolic. I contantly change it up.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high rep, low reps