Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-15, 08:26 AM  
TinaS

Ballet Inspired DVD Recommendations

I am looking at the sale at Mary's site at ballet inspired workouts and am so
confused! I would appreciate your recommendations. I am intermediate and a total clod! I recently started Ballet Beautiful Total Body and Ballet Beautiful Blast dvd workouts and really enjoy the graceful moves. They're harder than they look! This is a big departure from the Cathe workouts that I normally do but I have always been intrigued by ballet and admired the way that dancers move. Also, can someone provide the 10% discount code at Mary's site? TIA

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 09:02 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
I am looking at the sale at Mary's site at ballet inspired workouts and am so
confused! I would appreciate your recommendations. I am intermediate and a total clod! I recently started Ballet Beautiful Total Body and Ballet Beautiful Blast dvd workouts and really enjoy the graceful moves. They're harder than they look! This is a big departure from the Cathe workouts that I normally do but I have always been intrigued by ballet and admired the way that dancers move. Also, can someone provide the 10% discount code at Mary's site? TIA
If you are looking for ballet-inspired as opposed to barre workouts here are some to think about:

Element Ballet Conditioning taught by Elise Gulan. It is definitely ballet-inspired and is one you can grow with.

Kari Anderson's Reach and Center Floor. Kari danced with the Joffrey Ballet and she is incredibly elegant and encouraging. I really like these two (Reach in particular) and I think Kari is one of the loveliest exercise instructors out there.

Ballet Bootcamp workouts by Jessica Sherwood. They tend to take more room than I have, so I only kept the Ballet Bootcamp Stretch workout--I enjoy that one a lot. The production values on these workouts aren't the greatest, but it doesn't bother me. I purged a lot of workouts but kept Jessica's stretch workout.

Bernadette Giorgi's Attitude. She, like Kari, is very elegant. It's a mix of ballet-inspired moves and Pilates.

Jen Galardi's Ballet Body workout.

Leah Sarago's Ballet Body workouts. To me at least they seem to lack the flow of the other workouts I've mentioned. They are tough and effective workouts, though, and Leah is very popular here on VF.

Finis Jhung's ballet DVDs. Finis is a ballet teacher's ballet teacher--he has a very good reputation as a teacher. His DVDs are extremely expensive. They seem to be aimed mostly at people who are or were dancers or are serious dance students. They tend to be instructional. One to consider might be Ballet Plus--it isn't really marketed to serious dancers.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 09:16 AM  
Taiga

Mary's code is 10off.

The Sleek Technique Set is good and nicely priced for the sale. I also like the Element DVD mentioned.

Jessica Sherwood's programs are fun (older/less flashy) classic ballet but Mary doesn't carry them----wasn't sure if you were just looking for TF options for now?
Old 07-04-15, 05:59 PM  
TinaS

Thanks ladies! I have been checking out clips and am leaning towards Element Ballet Conditioning and Sleek Techniques. I checked out Ballet Blast which looks interesting but too advanced. Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 07-05-15, 12:04 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Another vote for Element Ballet Conditioning! Lovely workout and great music!

The Sleek Technique is on my wish list! Looks great isn't it?!

I also wanted to recomend Xtend Barre Lean & Chiseled, althought it has barre on the tittle it is more ballet inspired than barre, the moves are graceful and it has a great cardio effect, and there is a modifier (I've not check if Mary is carrying this one though.).

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-15, 07:18 PM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Another vote for Element Ballet Conditioning! Lovely workout and great music!

The Sleek Technique is on my wish list! Looks great isn't it?!

I also wanted to recomend Xtend Barre Lean & Chiseled, althought it has barre on the tittle it is more ballet inspired than barre, the moves are graceful and it has a great cardio effect, and there is a modifier (I've not check if Mary is carrying this one though.).
I decided on Sleek Technique. I found Element Ballet Conditioning on youtube. Thanks!!

Old 07-05-15, 10:39 PM  
lotusgirl

I ordered the Nicky McGinty 3-DVD set, Ultimate Ballet Yoga. I liked the inclusion of yoga with it, combined with the format, the music, her voice, the set, etc. I've wanted it for a while, and Mary's price was really good.
Old 07-05-15, 10:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
I decided on Sleek Technique. I found Element Ballet Conditioning on youtube. Thanks!!
Awesome! Please let us know how you like it!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
center floor, element ballet