Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-15, 03:17 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Amazon Prime- Gymbox and Cathe

For those of you with Amazon prime, I noticed that there is a second week of Gymbox on there. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up on a search of gymbox, you have to do prime and then the type of workout, step, treadmill, pilates, strength, etc.

Cathe's latest is also on their for renting for 1.99 a week per workout, or you can purchase for 19.99. There were also some other interesting things to rent, but it takes some work to find them.

The rental thing is great for me as I almost never did a workout more than a handful of times anyway and don't like dvds anymore. I bought tons of Cathe downloads and computer virus locked them all up. With Amazon, this wouldn't happen. I know I could probably do something to get another link to download, but I so seldom do the workouts, it isn't worth the effort.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 04:42 PM  
Zenara25

Thanks for mentioning about the 2nd week of Gymbox If you type in exactly TheGymbox (no spaces) the older week of 2/28/2011 workouts (I counted 14) show up in the search in addition to the week of 1/21/2013 ones.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 08:45 PM  
wendug

My husband bought the Amazon fire stick recently so I've been doing a lot of the gymbox workouts (step, kickboxing, weights, and stretching). I really like the instructors and the workouts. They are very focused on good form which can be lacking in some workouts. I recommend giving thegymbox workouts a try.

My husband also bought the Google Chromecast so I can "cast" thegymbox workouts from YouTube to our TV. They have quite a few workouts available there as well. It's good to have a techie husband who likes his technology toys!

I didn't know Cathe workouts were available through Amazon, but then again I'm not much of a fan of Cathe's workouts.
Old 05-25-15, 08:59 PM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
My husband bought the Amazon fire stick recently so I've been doing a lot of the gymbox workouts (step, kickboxing, weights, and stretching). I really like the instructors and the workouts. They are very focused on good form which can be lacking in some workouts. I recommend giving thegymbox workouts a try.

My husband also bought the Google Chromecast so I can "cast" thegymbox workouts from YouTube to our TV. They have quite a few workouts available there as well. It's good to have a techie husband who likes his technology toys!

I didn't know Cathe workouts were available through Amazon, but then again I'm not much of a fan of Cathe's workouts.
Im probably missing something, but why don't you use the youtube app on the FireStick interface to play youtube videos?
Old 05-25-15, 09:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockette View Post
Im probably missing something, but why don't you use the youtube app on the FireStick interface to play youtube videos?
Good question! The fire stick isn't always with the TV where I work out. Then I use the Chromecast. Yup, I've got options!
Old 06-02-15, 02:21 PM  
Pippadog

Hi

Just out of interest, does anyone still subscribe to the gymbox. I paid for annual membership in December and I've noticed in the last few months that every week is a class from a previous year. I was going to ask for a refund of my last six months, as I like the idea of new ones. Just wondered as some of you can view the gymbox on amazon prime, do people still subscribe to that site?

Thanks
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 02:48 PM  
rhbrand

Holy crap! How did I never know that gymbox was on Amazon and I could stream it. I've been to cheap to pay for it, but was always interested.

Now I can stream it off Amazon.
Old 06-02-15, 07:23 PM  
Irisg1

Pippa, I'm in the same boat as you. I have a paid membership up through July 2016. I asked about freezing my account until they begin producing new workouts again. They offered to cancel my membership and return a portion of what I paid. Can't really remember how much that was, but in the end, I decided since it was already paid for, and their library is so vast, I would stick it out. At least for now. I used to look forward to Monday mornings to see what was new, and I really miss that. I hope they realize how many people are disappointed with not getting new content, and that they start production again soon, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Once my membership is up, I'll see what's what.

For those wondering about Gymbox on Amazon Prime. I think they only offer a very limited amount on there. Their actual library is nearly 4,000 workouts long.
Old 06-03-15, 05:14 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

Iris, I sent an email to the gymbox customer services and got an abrupt email telling me that they informed everybody in March, also that they had more workout classes than anywhere else on the internet. Also they gave me the option to cancel and refund pro rata the annual subscription. I'm not sure yet what to do as I haven't used the gymbox for a month now.

I know they have alot of old classes, but its the same music over and over again. I suppose I've been spoilt by Cathelive and udaya. I jst think for $9 a month, there should be some new material, even if its one new class a week.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 12:53 PM  
Irisg1

Laura, I got the same type email from them when I inquired as to how long the production break was going to last. I decided to wait it out, in the hopes that they would pick up some type of production again in a few short months, but honestly, I'm getting the feeling there's more to it than I originally thought. I think they feel there library is extensive enough to keep things going long-term. I am willing to wait it out for now, but once my subscription comes up for renewal, if filming has not picked up, I will put my money elsewhere. I miss new getting new content, and going from new classes every week to 0, has been a drastic adjustment. It's fine that they have such an extensive library, but I look forward to fresh content. I do love the Gymbox, but I am getting soo antsy.

Tags
amazon prime videos