Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-14, 09:08 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Bumping! I just finished Power Hour on Udaya and 40 minutes into the practice, I had to reload and fast forward to where I had last viewed. Any recommendations to download streaming videos (free or purchased) are welcome.
Best suggestions would depend on many factors. Which operating system you are using (Windows or Apple, etc.) If the site you want to download from enables downloading. Which browser you use. Which device you want to use for playing the video.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 09:13 AM  
horsemom2

This is on the Udaya site:
My video stalls while it is playing, what can I do to fix it?
If you are experiencing skipping or stalling while taking an online class, its most likely attributed to a slow or spotty internet connection. Our videos are broadcast in HD so a strong and steady internet connection is recommended for optimal use, but before you go replacing your internet …try these little tricks below and see if it helps solve the problem.

1. Turn the High Definition feature off. In the bottom right corner of the video player you will see an ”HD” logo. You can click on that logo to turn the high definition feature on and off. A video with HD feature turned OFF will load faster.

2. Push “play” and then “pause”. Although it is paused, the video will continue to load on the site. Let it load for a few minutes and then push play. You’ll notice the video loading at the bottom of the player.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 09:26 AM  
katmom

Thank you, Barb! I will give that a try. I think part of the problem is my IP, however, some days I have no problems.
Old 03-29-14, 11:09 AM  
laurajhawk

Definitely try turning HD off. The HD video is beautiful, but it requires WAY more network bandwidth than standard definition.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 11:47 AM  
katmom

Just now tried replaying the same practice with HD turned off and the it played completely through to the end without any "buffering stalls".

I knew I could rely upon another VF'er for a possible solution.

Tags
amazon prime videos, digital video, download to dvd, samsung, streaming video, streaming workouts