Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-14, 12:18 PM  
nevertoolate

Melt Method coupon code and feedback?

I have some ongoing muscle tightness/strain/pain issues and I'm interested in trying the Melt Method. I ordered the book and the cheaper soft foam roller from Amazon. I'd like to order her Melt Method kit from her site, which includes three sets of smaller balls and the instructional DVD. It's a bit pricey and shipping is also high. Does anyone know of a coupon code for this?

Also, has anyone tried her method and her small ball kit specifically? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 12:34 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

It's been years.... I want to say I had the hand & foot kit. I don't recommend it, if it's still the same thing I bought. You could get the same benefit from rolling your foot on a golf ball (which I keep in the freezer for a nice chilling effect too). My kit arrived with some mistakes -- the balls had some printing errors that made them look faded and already used or just blotchy & paint splattered. I was pretty desperate when I bought the kit, but I found out very quickly it was useless for me. I can't remember how much time it took to use it, but I do remember thinking just about anything rehab-y would be a better use of that time.

In my opinion, their claims are exaggerated. There was no way rolling my hand on a marble-sized ball or rolling my foot on a golf ball sized ball was going to cure headaches and back pain, digestion problems, etc. Maybe it would feel good on your hand & forearm for the moment you did it, but you could rig something else up at home to accomplish the same or even just massage one hand with the other. Back then, there weren't things like Grid rollers, etc.

I have their book around here from the library, but I haven't read it yet and can't comment on it. I do like a video they have on low back pain, if you use a rolled up yoga mat (which is softer and shorter than a foam roller, better on that sacrum in my opinion, though I haven't tried the soft roller you bought).

By the way, Gaiam has a much cheaper hand kit. http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Hand-The...elt+method+kid

HTH
Old 02-28-14, 01:04 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

What Sarah said. Save your money.
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

a good book from the library about reflexology can teach you what areas of the feet and hands correspond to the other parts of your body, including the internal organs and muscular structure. reflexology has its origins in ancient chinese traditions.

i believe that the techniques work.

you don't need a ball to do it, although a ball can be a good thing to use to massage your feet.

Michelle Kluck has a DVD that i found in the library, and the video is apparently on youtube also.

Marie Riley has an audio CD, also found in the library.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 01:58 AM  
nevertoolate

Thanks to all of you. I think you saved me about $50 (cost with shipping) for the small ball kit. I do think I will get good use out of the soft foam roller, but I'm glad I bought the cheaper one on Amazon.

Appreciate the feedback.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melt method, reflexology