Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-13, 10:30 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
OK, so why did I gain FAT (and muscle, yes, I did gain muscle) while EATING EXACTLY THE SAME THING and only changing my workouts from AWT-style to heavy lifting?

The not eating enough explanation does make some sense to me; maybe I wasn't eating enough to support that kind of a workout rotation. I did get stronger as well as fatter!

When people say "your diet made you fatter" we all assume it was because you were eating too much. But I'm told I was eating too little. IS that what you mean?

Seriously, I didn't change my diet when I changed my rotation....
Biolayne talks about metabolic adaption (latest buzz word metabolic damage). Listen to what he says happens when you do too much exercise on not enough calories.
http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...ic-adaptation/
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 12:56 PM  
Candiceena

This is such a great thread. And terry, I didn't mean you yourself misinterpreted metabolic slowdown.

This is a quick post since I am at work - but to respond to whoever asked about why things like DB and Tonique seem to "work" (if that look is what you're after) ... And hopefully someone who is more scientifically knowledgeable can chime in - could it have to do with the workouts being cardio in nature while at the same time using body weight and/or lighter weights? Could it be that that specific combination somehow does something in the body to create results that are unlike doing cardio and weights separately?
Old 06-17-13, 01:20 PM  
mamaste

We can really be our worst critic sometimes. I believe everyone should do workouts they enjoy. Otherwise, what is he point? With that said, I promise that when you see yourself as bulky, the rest of us are thinking you look awesome. We really are. While you're thinking how massive your thighs look, we're jealous of how great you look in your jeans. Body image is intensely personal, but the rest of the world often sees something much better than we see in ourselves.

Shorter mamaste: if you love The Firm, do The Firm. No matter what happens, I bet we all think your results are great.
Old 06-17-13, 01:25 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
We can really be our worst critic sometimes. I believe everyone should do workouts they enjoy. Otherwise, what is he point? With that said, I promise that when you see yourself as bulky, the rest of us are thinking you look awesome. We really are. While you're thinking how massive your thighs look, we're jealous of how great you look in your jeans. Body image is intensely personal, but the rest of the world often sees something much better than we see in ourselves.

Shorter mamaste: if you love The Firm, do The Firm. No matter what happens, I bet we all think your results are great.
Like.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 02:11 PM  
fit44

Quote:

D. I agree.
There is nothing wrong with an athletic muscular look on a woman, but if you're not comfortable with that look, don't do the workouts that produce it.
I think women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes. Do what you love and what makes you happy.
You could throw in some TA and Tonique to mix things up.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 08:02 PM  
kariev34

Quote:

Ain't this the truth!
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 05:24 PM  
Anny

Quote:

Agree. Sometimes I come in VF and read tthe diet talk and I feel bad about myself, like there is something wrong with me and my weight and my workouts and my looks. I got some great advice here awhile back, to do what I enjoy, and that s what I am doing!
Old 06-21-13, 05:51 PM  
JENILU

Quote:

LOVE this!! thankyou!! My sweety tells me this (in his words anyway) all the time!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm success stories, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, slim in 6 success, success stories