Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-13, 10:59 PM  
hotncmom

My SIL does Gilad. She tapes the TV show and does whatever was on that day. I guess it's the Bodies in Motion show? Anyway, I think some people just like to be on autopilot and not think about their workouts so much. I wish I could do that sometimes. I am making more of an effort to use ALL of my DVD's this year (even though I just bought 3 new ones and am eyeing another).
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:32 PM  
lesia

I loved reading this thread because that's me. I have a very extensive workout collection and while I would love to do a rotation, I've got just too many awesome workouts to do. In fact, every day this week I've used different instructors (metabolic workouts) and still got a sweaty effective workout.

I'm now skimming over Youtube and finding some great workouts that I'm trying out. I'm all over the map with my fitness, but consistency is the key.

Just keep moving. Whether Leslie floats your boat, Insanity floats it, or somewhere in between. Keep pressing play.

Great thread.
Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 08:20 AM  
Bebop

I love this thread.

Get a dog My dog keeps me in shape because he needs to be walked daily, he is a collie and loves to run. He is my trainer - harder than Cathe.
If it wasn't for that dog, I'd never leave the house for a walk during the winter.

Seriously, for what it's worth - I have been video exercising since 2001.

I still weigh the same but it's harder to maintain. (being forever 40 is tough)

My abs are tighter and I'm stonger but my clothes still fit the same - although
I think my weight is shifting due to hormones.

But - for me, it doesn't matter what I do - I stay the same. I don't lift heavy enough to change my body shape and I don't eat clean enough to lose those extra 5 lbs - I can't maintain below 113 - I get too hungry.

So, for me, it's consistency that has kept me in shape, not one particular workout..

Caveat - the Firm seems to work very well for me as far as maintaining my weight and strength but I get bored with a strict Firm rotation so I end up doing other things and going back to the Firm.

I'll probably do a Firm rotation after I'm bored with Xtrain/LIS.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 09:15 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post

Get a dog My dog keeps me in shape because he needs to be walked daily, he is a collie and loves to run. He is my trainer - harder than Cathe.
If it wasn't for that dog, I'd never leave the house for a walk during the winter.
X2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Caveat - the Firm seems to work very well for me as far as maintaining my weight and strength but I get bored with a strict Firm rotation so I end up doing other things and going back to the Firm.
Also X2!
Old 01-13-13, 09:09 AM  
Fit Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnesswife View Post
Great post!! Sometimes to get myself "fired up" for a cetain workout...I pretend its new;

Search for a VF forum & read why I purchased in first place
Search for clips & watch them

Then do the workout! Kind of a fun routine I started when nothing sounds fun
Also my collage wishlist is DVDs I own so I can go on there & find something I may like

I like this! I'm not interested in acquiring any new workouts right now, but I would love to feel the excitement again about my old workouts. I will be doing this! Thank you!

Karen
Fit Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, success stories, wisdom