Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-30-12, 04:44 PM  
momofcha

Just tracked mine, they are at home waiting for me.....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 05:35 PM  
hotncmom

Just finished Practice 1. It was very nice, and covered a lot of ground in 30 minutes. Travis is demonstrating the poses while narrating in voiceover. He moves very quickly between the poses, as you would expect for a shortened practice. I guess the assumption is that you have done UY or have experience with similar styles, because there is no expository period as there is in UY (where you move more slowly through the vinyasa and then speed it up). The form cues are also fewer, although not nonexistent. The music is similar to that in UY as well. While I have not done all the discs in UY (I don't think I've done Balance yet), there were some poses that I haven't seen before (in UY I mean). He does the deep squat with feet flat and adds a twist and a bind. Holy cow I cannot even twist there! He also does a very brief crow pose (which is probably in Balance). There is a "wild thing" move where you flip over in down dog to feet flat with arched back balancing on one arm. And at the end is bridge to wheel (which I was able to briefly get into yay!).

Travis sounds a bit different due to the voiceover, and he doesn't say as many encouraging tidbits in this. I did kind of miss that. This is Travis right down to business without the philosophical stuff.

I peeked in on the Lauren practice. She narrates in voiceover. My goodness, her body is friggin' perfect. Maybe I should get back to doing yoga more often! I'll probably do that one next time.

Oh gosh, I have been waiting so long for these and now they're here. I feel like the length of these practices is perfect for me to be able to do more yoga. I can do about 1 segment each of Ballet Body downloads for upper and lower body and then do this yoga. Or I can go for a walk and then tag this on at the end. I'm so happy there are 4 practices to choose from.

The menu doesn't indicate anything at all about the differences between the practices, nor does the DVD case. So I guess I will have to do them all to find out. I was hoping for shorter versions of my favorites in the UY set.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 05:38 PM  
bayportsmom

I'm sitting in my recliner watching these. They look fantastic! A little strength and balance, lots of stretching. I can't wait to try them!
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 11:15 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

This sounds really good. I have purchased only 2 DVDs all year so I can order this without any guilt!
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 11:20 PM  
sherry7899

Wow, Leslie-I am impressed!!!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-12, 11:44 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sherry: I got alot of great DVDs through the exchange and had a kind VF member gift me the Weider X-Factor set. Plus I have been working out at the gym alot.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 10:36 AM  
desertMermaid

I have a question about the level. The DVD case shows four circles (1, 2, 3, 4) used indicate the level. Short and Sweet is level 2 = intermediate. I noticed that the yoga foundations is Level 1 and Travis Elliot's Cross Train (not the one from UY) is level 3. So two questions: 1) If I have UY do I need the standalone version of Cross Train? Is it more or less difficult, etc? 2) What is level 4? Is that something he is planning on releasing in the future? Or is UY level 4?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 04:01 PM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
1) If I have UY do I need the standalone version of Cross Train? Is it more or less difficult, etc? 2) What is level 4? Is that something he is planning on releasing in the future? Or is UY level 4?
I think it was said that the standalone Cross Train is the same class as the one in UY, just filmed on a different day.
Not sure what is level 4 myself, but if Cross Train is labelled as 3, there are more strenuous practices in UY (think Balance or Strength) so perhaps they could be 4?
Old 12-01-12, 08:34 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
I think it was said that the standalone Cross Train is the same class as the one in UY, just filmed on a different day.
Not sure what is level 4 myself, but if Cross Train is labelled as 3, there are more strenuous practices in UY (think Balance or Strength) so perhaps they could be 4?
Marta,

Thanks for the info Re: Cross train. You are probably right re: Level 4, I was reading too much into it and hoping it meant there was more in the works
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-12, 04:42 PM  
hotncmom

Since my last post, I have done the Lauren practice and the second practice by Travis. This set is so great and I'm really happy with the purchase. I even went and bought Yoga Foundations for DH, who I am trying to get to do yoga. We did the first practice together today, and it was really nice. I am really trying to make yoga more of a priority because I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety these days and it really seems to calm me down.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short and sweet, travis eliot, yoga, yoga cross training, yoga foundations