Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-12, 06:30 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbied View Post
Ann, I have to ask you....are you a yogi or is yoga something new for you? I feel exactly the way you do about these workouts. To me, they are perfect. I'm not a yoga person, tho. That's why I am so in love with the UY workouts. I DO them. I actually did UY for almost two months, but the time element really forced me to cut back. I do at least one of his workouts every week now. I can feel it in my core and my level of flexibility.
Debbie, I'm not a yogi, but I've been doing yoga almost daily for over 25 years. I've had some live instruction, but mostly I've learned from books and DVDs. There are other instructors that I like, but Travis reaches me at a whole different level. Eoin Finn does the same thing for me, but in a different way -- he's a little more playful and light-hearted somehow. And it's funny, because initially I wasn't interested in either one. Some of the negative comments I read made me hesitant to try them. I'm so glad I didn't pay attention to them!

I envy you doing UY daily for almost two months. Because of my work schedule, I have to limit those longer practices mostly to the weekends. When I retire (hopefully in 2 years when I'm 66), I intend to do the 108 day rotation as intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
I am not new to yoga but I feel that these practices are very good in this aspect (both UY and YF); maybe it's because they are not over-instructed. They contain just the right amount of technical cues to remind you of proper alignment etc., but other than that they leave you with your practice so that you can really get deeper into it. The music helps with this as well, its selection is very well done.
Marta, yes! That! Just the right amount of cues. And the music is perfect!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-12, 06:44 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

you all know I shouldn't have read this right. DebbieD you know this right. I'm not happy at all right now. I'm still squeezing Hamilton. He can cry a lot longer for me. Sitting next to George is not going to help..

Enjoying this, ha.... sure you are sure you are..

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travis eliot, travis elliot, yoga foundations