Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-12, 01:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

about 14 years ago, i lost 16 pounds doing the Firm (classics) over an 18 month period. it was the firm 90-day rotation. i subbed in other workouts too, like karen voight, gin miller's step reebok videos. the loss got me to pre-wedding weight. i called my doctor to find out how much i had weighed back then!

after my third pregnancy, i lost all of the baby weight (30#) again doing slim series and walking. and breastfeeding! and getting lots and lots of rest.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 02:05 PM  
PhyllisG

I got the most compliments and questions about what I was doing when I was following the Firm 90 Day rotation. From there I went on to Cathe and tho I gained strength and endurance no one asked what I was doing or for that matter told me how good I looked.
I sometimes think I should buy the remastered Firms and get out that 90 Day rotation calendar. I actually looked at it the other day and it was no easy rotation. All I did was the Firm and never even considered another workout until I found Cathe. Now I am distracted by so many new products I don't think I could ever be that consistent with one program even knowing it works!

Last edited by PhyllisG; 07-11-12 at 02:08 PM. Reason: adding on
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 02:16 PM  
kauaigirl

Location: Wisconsin. But I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart!
I didn't reply last time, either, so I'll chime in this time around.

I lost 63 pounds in a year by cleaning up my diet - cutting junk and watching portions, but not counting calories obsessively and still enjoying a slice or two of pizza - and taking live Zumba classes 5-7 times/week with intermittent longer runs (8-10 miles) mixed in when I couldn't make it to class. I also took a strength training class at the Y 2x/week and a 30 minute core class 2x/week.

I credit my change in diet for my weight loss and the fact that I don't *look* like I used to weigh 63 more pounds (I'm not flabby, no excess skin except my twin pooch) to exercise.
Old 07-15-12, 02:25 PM  
lotusgirl

I'm thrilled to see this thread because it's so encouraging! About five or six years ago, I lost 50 pounds by walking and lifting weights, with the walking being done nearly every day and weights being every other day. I also tracked my food intake. As I got fitter, I add running to my walking until I was running. (It was jogging, but I did a 5K in about 31 minutes.) As I got stronger, I tweaked my strength training by adding more sets, more reps and more weight. Then life happened with a string of things, and I've gained 25 pounds back slowly. I'm still dealing with some injuries that were not exercise induced, but I am trying to back into what worked before - walking to running and challenging strength training with yoga thrown in to give me mental balance.
Old 07-15-12, 02:42 PM  
CarlaShanti

I lost 70ish lbs doing The Firm BSS 1-4. I didn't know there were any other workouts. Isn't that funny? I didn't know anything existed other than The Firm, and the few Denise Austin and Jane Fonda type things I saw in the stores. I did The Firm in conjunction with Weight Watchers at Home, and lost the weight 2003-2005. I printed their rotations from The Firm website/forums, and followed them religiously. I have maintained the loss, though to my shame in the last couple of years, I have put back on 14 lbs of it. I'm working on losing it with KCM 30MTF as my main workouts these days. (She says, having just made a pan of brownies.)
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 01:36 PM  
nubiennelady

I lost 5-7lbs and a dress size in 30 days alternating 30 Day Shred with C25K and occassional live Zumba classes in 2010.

I dropped 2 dress sizes and only 4lbs doing P90X.
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 04:20 PM  
MoFirmer

I lost 86# and went through cancer treatments with The FIRM.

I lost all my weight with The FIRM and then found out in 2009 I had breast cancer. I came home daily from treatments grabbed my workout clothes and started my FIRM workout. I gained 15# through treatments and lost it all and then some with FIRM Express.
Old 07-16-12, 05:10 PM  
Diana3271

I didn't participate the last time, either. My weight varies within a 5 pound range. I lost 145-150 pounds and have been in maintenance since May 2011. I went to a new Endocrinologist who adjusted my thyroid meds. I have since counted calories and worked out with a variety of workouts. I started out with Leslie, Tae Bo, and then on to TJ and TF.

So, for me, it would read I have lost 145-150 pounds from counting calories and doing a variety of workouts on a regular basis.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 07:39 AM  
Ann1964

Wow Diana I did not realize how much you lost. Way to go.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
last 10, last 10 pounds, last 5 pounds, significant weight loss, success stories, weight loss