Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-11, 03:30 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I thought I had read that these were dvd-r (purple back) instead of pressed dvd. Does anyone have any more info on that?
Old 06-03-11, 03:55 PM  
Ella76

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I thought I had read that these were dvd-r (purple back) instead of pressed dvd. Does anyone have any more info on that?
The first set Mary (Total Fitness DVDs) got were DVD-R, but she returned them and they got replaced with the glass pressed version.
Ella76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 02:03 PM  
Tish

Reviving

I did this workout today and I really liked it. She keeps it moving along pretty quickly so I didn't always catch the first rep, but it was easy to catch on. Lots of nice ballet/barre type moves. I also liked how she snuck in curtsey lunges, regular lunges, and squats while making them feel graceful rather than bootcamp. She gave enough reps to start feeling it without too many to lose my attention. There is a nice long stretch at the end. It does remind me of Reach but is different enough that I'm glad to have both.
Old 08-08-11, 04:44 PM  
desertMermaid

I'm interested in this DVD but I'm not sure if I should be.

First of all, I enjoy this type of workout. I enjoy beyond balletone, and am really, really intrigued by Balletone Sole Synthesis Take Two. I love the incoporation of balance, ballet, cardio, strength, and stretching into a complete workout. However, I hated Reach. First of all, I didn't find it that challenging, there were parts that I enjoyed but the workout as a whole left me somewhat disappointed. Also, I didn't feel like it flowed very well. The flow of a workout is pretty important to me.

Does anyone not like Reach but does like center floor? Also, I'm kind of intrigued by Sweat Express II, because I am looking for more fun, dancy workouts, that don't really feel like working out. For those who have both of these workouts (Center Floor and Sweat Express II) which is the favorite?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 05:52 AM  
topfitmama

Reviving an old thread here

I tried this workout today... oooh, I like it! It's my first Kari Anderson workout and a great introduction to an amazing instructor. Kari is great!

My first impressions:
- Great pace. I love that the moves are done at a deliberate pace that allows me to focus on what is supposed to be happening.
- Nice burn, but only "peaks" of it. I like the way the moves start slowly, you layer something else on, and then it burns, then you move on.
- It got my heartrate up, but not too much.
- Nice flowing ab work on the floor, without loads of repetitions.
- Some challenges to work up to, like the exercise where you pull your hips off the floor in seated position and swing the hips through the arms. Ahem.. my anatomy was challenged by that one.
- wonderful stretch at the end. That felt so good!

I'm on a barre kick right now and I inted to use this workout on days when I need a slower pace workout with a larger range of motion and less burn. A nice walk would be great before or after

This workout is up there with my favorite trades

Desert Mermaid: I'm waiting for Sweat Express II to arrive (trade), so if you still want to know which one I liked best, I'll be happy to let you know!
I tried Reach this summer (rented it online for two days) and I didn't feel the need to buy it. IIRC, reach is more static than Center Floor.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 07:12 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Reviving an old thread here

I tried this workout today... oooh, I like it! It's my first Kari Anderson workout and a great introduction to an amazing instructor. Kari is great!

My first impressions:
- Great pace. I love that the moves are done at a deliberate pace that allows me to focus on what is supposed to be happening.
- Nice burn, but only "peaks" of it. I like the way the moves start slowly, you layer something else on, and then it burns, then you move on.
- It got my heartrate up, but not too much.
- Nice flowing ab work on the floor, without loads of repetitions.
- Some challenges to work up to, like the exercise where you pull your hips off the floor in seated position and swing the hips through the arms. Ahem.. my anatomy was challenged by that one.
- wonderful stretch at the end. That felt so good!

I'm on a barre kick right now and I inted to use this workout on days when I need a slower pace workout with a larger range of motion and less burn. A nice walk would be great before or after

This workout is up there with my favorite trades

Desert Mermaid: I'm waiting for Sweat Express II to arrive (trade), so if you still want to know which one I liked best, I'll be happy to let you know!
I tried Reach this summer (rented it online for two days) and I didn't feel the need to buy it. IIRC, reach is more static than Center Floor.
Thanks, I would be interested. I currently have SEII (only done it once, but I recall enjoying it) but not center floor. I'm glad that you didn't love reach but still like center floor; Perhaps there is hope for me yet. I don't know what it was, but something about reach just didn't work for me. It the type of workout I typically love, balance challenge, slight cardio element, large ROM, stretchy, etc. But I just didn't love it. I think I'll give center floor a chance - If I can trade for it.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 03:45 PM  
mrs lightyear

I did this today and loved it! Beautiful workout.
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 04:28 PM  
moonbeam31

It is a lovely workout! I love it!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
center floor, kari anderson