Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-11, 03:13 PM  
hotncmom

Center Floor compared to Reach

I just did Reach today and what a great workout! The only criticism I have is that there was no specific tricep work.

For those few that have Center Floor, how is it different/better than Reach? Probably better definition. Reach seems like a VHS transfer...on my large HDTV it just was not a good quality picture. But aside from the picture quality, if I have Reach, so I really need Center Floor? What are the similarities/differences in the workouts?

Thanks!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 01:11 PM  
Eibhinn

I'm also interested in knowing what the differences are, since they both look very similar. From what I've read and watched (clips) it looks to me like Centre Floor possibly has more standing work/less floorwork than Reach, which would be find with me since I far prefer the standing work in Reach, and often do it as it's own workout, skipping the floorwork entirely.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 01:35 PM  
hotncmom

The standing work in Reach is about 30 minutes...I wouldn't want any more than that! Plus I love floorwork!

From the clips it looks like she has added lunge sequences in Center Floor. What I am really hoping for, and can't tell from the clips, is more plank/upper body stuff than Reach and longer leg/butt floorwork. She can cut out all of the crunches for all I care.
Old 06-27-11, 03:55 PM  
hotncmom

Just wanted to come update this thread. I received Center Floor for my birthday. I was really looking forward to it and I love Kari but it just didn't live up to my hopes.

It was very similar to Reach in structure. However, the standing segment added more complexity than Reach and I was a bit confused at times due to some late cuing. I often missed the first rep on the first side and sometimes the second side as well. I think this could be minimized with familiarity.

Upper body work was a very short segment. I was hoping for more than what was in Reach, and I think there is less. This consisted of a few plank/down dog moves with pulling the leg toward the chest intermingled with tricep pushups.

The abs section was similar to Reach, but I skipped this because I only do plank work for abs.

The leg matwork was downright disappointing Reach has such great floorwork and I just wasn't feeling it with Center Floor. By "it" I mean any kind of butt or leg burn. It was just too short and didn't have nearly the variation I expected.

I really, really wanted to like this, and I'm upset that I don't.
Old 06-27-11, 08:22 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Maybe, you would like ALC 2 better. It's been a long time since I did both ALC 2 and Reach. However, I remember ALC 2 having more upper body work since I think there were more plank work.
Old 06-27-11, 08:42 PM  
hotncmom

I have ALC2 and it's OK, but I enjoy Reach more. Honestly I can't recall what the differences are...I think I've only done ALC2 about twice but when I did it I had the impression for whatever reason that Reach was better (for me).
Old 06-27-11, 08:59 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I have ALC2 and it's OK, but I enjoy Reach more. Honestly I can't recall what the differences are...I think I've only done ALC2 about twice but when I did it I had the impression for whatever reason that Reach was better (for me).
I like Reach a lot more too. I think Reach had more ballet toning. I don't even remember if ALC 2 had any ballet in it. I only remembered that ALC 2 had more upper body work.
Old 06-27-11, 09:12 PM  
hotncmom

Maybe I'll pull it out and take another look...

Tags
alc2, center floor, kari anderson, reach