Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-11, 12:12 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
It all depends on your goals and your body type.

this! and genetics! we are each different! you'll notice that some people always says: "cardio! cardio! cardio!" and other say: "weights! weights! weights!" i personally do a combination of both (and find that the almighty DIET is the main factor is keeping my weight/body under control!

it really depends on YOU! what works for me won't necesarrily (spelling) work for you! what works for another VFer won't necesarily work for you!...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 07:10 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
this! and genetics! we are each different! you'll notice that some people always says: "cardio! cardio! cardio!" and other say: "weights! weights! weights!" i personally do a combination of both (and find that the almighty DIET is the main factor is keeping my weight/body under control!

it really depends on YOU! what works for me won't necesarrily (spelling) work for you! what works for another VFer won't necesarily work for you!...
I know its individodual. My question was about what everyone does, not the results of one vs the other. Sorry for the confusion. I just wanted to know how everyone divies up their week.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 07:17 AM  
dmlarue1

I am trying to lose weight and I find that to eat the amount I would like to, that I have to do some cardio everyday (using my gowear fit). I do 4 30 minute strength workouts a week and 30-45 of cardio every day. I am also doing 1 hour of yoga everyday (which I am doing more for stress relief and to decrease anxiety).
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 07:33 AM  
shelleyann

I'm doing a lot more toning that ever before. I used to do mainly cardio with some weights thrown in. Now I'm doing a lot more toning (some strength only dvds and some cardio/strength mixed) and I'm noticing huge results. I think everyone needs cardio because it burns fat and is good for your heart, but toning really changes your body shape and keeps the metabolic burn lasting longer, throughout the day. I'm getting a lot leaner with this method. I still do cardio, of course, just a bit "heavier" on the toning end now.

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 07:42 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Right now I'm walking, walking and more walking Lugging coffee pots and such and trash bags and supplies gives my upper body a little work We're trying to get my thyroid hormones straight so I'm a little draggy and not doing much in the evening...but when I do, it's light weight/high rep or barre. Walking and barre seems to slim my thighs more than straight weights I like doing more strength work for my upper body as that's where I'm weakest...like most women
Old 04-16-11, 08:16 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I do 3-4 runs per week, 40 minutes or so running, plus an extended stretch. I do endurance strength 2x per week, as heavy as possible.

If I was trying to lose weight, I would not do this. I cannot lose weight doing intense workouts. (and it isn't because I eat more; I can log very carefully to be sure I'm NOT eating more; my weight will still freeze when I'm doing intense stuff regardless of intake.)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 10:47 AM  
severin817

I teach 3 high intensity cardio classes and 3 body sculpting classes. I like to lift heavy 3 days a week doing a split routine. I like to have a good mix of cardio (high and moderate intensity) and weight training.

What I have found made the biggest difference in my body fat is drastically reducing the amount of sugar I consume (I have a major sweet tooth) and increasing my protein intake (I tend to live on carbs). I feel so much better during the day having a little protein with every meal. I've been following the meal plans in Jackie Warner's new book and wow, what a difference that made.
severin817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio vs weights, weights vs cardio