Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-10, 12:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerebo View Post
That is good to know; it's in my queue at Netflix!
Jen, hope you enjoy it; the practice is nice too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 03:40 PM  
cmiyachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonNYC View Post
I remember David Swenson's Just Relax with fondness. As I remember it has a 20 min. or so gentle practice followed by a very long and lovely savasana. Had it on VHS -- must remember to try to pick it up on DVD.

I love the Barbara Benagh relaxations as well.
I second the Swenson tape. It was a cassette tape and I can't seem to find it!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 04:37 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
I do like Shiva's, too, as she'll float off, leaving you alone.

I LOVE the Savasana at the end of Shiva's Yoga Sanctuary Lunar Flow. She recites a nice little poem, talks you thru it a little, then leaves you alone with some gentle piano music and the sounds of waves. It's wonderful! So is that whole cd set!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 09:40 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I noticed that, too!

Another one that comes to mind is on Yoga Complete for Everybody by JJ Gormley. The premix for "Feet, Ankles, Legs" ends with a meditation of opposites, focusing on opposite sides of the body, and ending with a U-shaped breath - up through the left sole of the foot, through the left side of the body, U-turning in the skull, exhaling down the right side of the body and out the right sole of the foot. It is so deliciously relaxing, and then it fades to the disc's main soundtrack which I find meditative. I've been known to stay in that Savasana almost an hour, just floating!
Funny, I LOVE that meditation too! I was thinking of that in this thread. I even do that breathing when I'm stressed out or having trouble sleeping

This dvd has 4 or 5 different meditations that change during your standard savasana I also like the one where we imagine we're a lake, lol. If you hit the audio button on the dvd player, you can choose any of the sound tracks.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 09:42 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
Pat, I like that savasana, too, and I wish it popped up more often. But I'm so over the "Imagine you're a lake" savasana on the same DVD.
Kath, as I mentioned right above, you can switch the audio in the middle of the savasana section. Just hit the audio button on the dvd player.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 09:13 AM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Kath, as I mentioned right above, you can switch the audio in the middle of the savasana section. Just hit the audio button on the dvd player.
Thanks for the tip, Lynn. I'll have to check for that option on my "ancient" DVD player and its remote to see if it wants to work (that player is getting increasingly cranky and won't always cooperate). And I'll have to remember not to use this one in the PS2 if I want this option; I'm sure there's a way to do that on it as well, but I'm still working on learning more than the basic controls on that one...

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 12:05 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Thanks for the tip on this. I really love the JJ included multiple Savasana's on Yoga for Everybody. It's really something that anyone releasing programmable DVDs should consider. I stopped using Yoga Shakti for awhile based solely on being totally burned out on the Savasana.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geri halliwell, katy appleton, katy bowman, savasana