Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-23, 09:42 PM  
MathTeacher

Lose 5 pounds (I need to lose 50 but I'll start with 5)

Deal with my chronic pain instead of ignoring it thinking it will go away. (Losing weight will definitely help)

Ride my recumbent bike every day even if it is just 5 minutes

Do Essentrics Season 8 all the way through

Worry less (That's a tough one for me)

Finish the cross stitch I started in December 2022
Old 01-01-23, 09:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I plan to……
~continue with weighted strength workouts 3-4 times a week
~Do more active yoga as I usually default to yin and gentle practices on my own
~continue teaching Essentrics 2-3 times a week
~use my Body Groove & ETV subs regularly
~use my rebounder more

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 10:14 PM  
ellaenchanted

-lose weight and get back to pre covid weight by cleaning up my diet

-do workouts that make me happy

-travel again
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 02:07 PM  
donnamp

I am very consistent with my workouts - although sometimes I *could* challenge myself a bit more than I do...but I am consistent and generally do what I enjoy most of all.

I have been thinking on this for several months now and one thing I want to work on is time management and being more mindful about how I spend my time.

There are so many distractions in our world today and I find myself pulled off task frequently or - the famous one - let me just check an e-mail or a text and next thing you know you were sucked into something on your phone or computer and when you look up an hour has passed.

So - I do want to be more mindful about the use of my time and try to avoid those black holes where I'm not accomplishing anything but I'm also not enjoying myself either - if that makes sense?

As part of this goal I know that I need to plan and organize more. I always resisted plans and organization b/c it felt stifling. But I think planning and organizing in moderation will result in more freedom and more enjoyable periods of downtime and rest.

I want to do this both personally and professionally/at work.

At work I'm going to implement times when I check e-mail so as to avoid constantly being pulled off task and actually scheduling time to work on projects, etc. The way I have been doing things now is mostly reactive rather than proactive so the end result is - I probably spend more time working than I probably need to. For instance if I'm reacting all day to messages and e-mail, I'm finding I only get to my project work in the late afternoon when I'm exhausted from all the e-mail/messages and then I end up working late.

That is how I plan to deal w/ it at work. But at home, I'm going to put together some plans as well - and try to prioritize truly enjoyable activities during downtime vs. falling into a black hole of You Tube videos or phone scrolling.

On the nutrition front I'm going to work on one thing a month - for January -a salad a day...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 10:45 PM  
fatkat555

I ended up getting sick twice at the end of last year, so my goal this year is to build back to consistent exercise. Very simple, should be a goal I can reach.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:59 AM  
ChelePA

Donna…I love the one thing a month for nutrition. My goal this month is to stop eating while standing. I constantly do this while preparing food or snacking.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 08:11 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I am doing Pahla B's 5-0 program for the next couple of months. The workouts are relatively short and easy but they incorporate a lof of range of motion and balance.

I had never been able to tolerate Pahla B before this; not that I had tried very hard. I heard about her here, watched one of her videos and thought "oh my goodness, all the gab!" But since she doesn't use music, she kind of needs the filler, for one, and for two, she's really quite a lovely human being and I very much appreciate the positivity.

Honestly, I'm getting as fond of Pahla as I used to be of Leslie, and for exactly the same reasons.

LOL - two or three years ago I could have written exactly what you wrote. I thought I could never do Pahla's workouts because of all the chatter. I'm the kind of gal who doesn't mind silence. In fact, I generally prefer it.

But Pahla grew on me, and I came to look forward to her daily chatter. She is a lovely person and all that encouragement and positivity is great.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 10:11 AM  
donnamp

I love Pahla, too, and i remember when I first watched her videos I thought "no way"....

Alas, there is something in her workouts that bugs/aggravates my lower back and hip so I stopped doing them in October, 2021. I have done a couple in 2022 but not consistently. I would like to find a way to work with her again -I'm honestly not sure of what moves do me in b/c I do them in other workouts and it isn't really an issue. Weird.

Another instructor that is similar to Pahla is Trish from Lively Ladies. I get the same good vibes/feelings about her as I do from Pahla. And, there is some similarity in the workouts although LL doesn't bug my back/hip/ Weird.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 12:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

To continue to have a minimum of 4 workout days a week that include either Pilates or a dedicated mobility session.

I am still on the fence if I want to record more than above and which instructor I use.
Information is interesting but I don't want my logging of stats to get cumbersome.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 02:23 PM  
red1013

I have so many workouts that I haven't done in forever, I want to make more of an effort to reach for them so I can make a decision on keeping them.

Today I did Leisa Hart's Fit to the Core: Burn, I definitely don't need to keep it.

Tags
fitness goals, goals, new year goals, new year resolutions, resolutions