Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-22, 12:45 PM  
tlchello

Mobility workouts

Aside from Essentrics/Classical Stretch (which I do like), what other mobility workouts would you recommend. I am looking specifically for things that help to re-align, increase mobility and range of motion, help with flexibility, etc.

Recommendations?
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 03:26 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi, I really like this one:
Annette Fletcher's Stretch & Joint Mobility Theraphy

I also have this one, but I haven't done it much:
Mark Lauren's Mobility Rx

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 04:08 PM  
ChelePA

Caroline Jordan’s YouTube channel has a few. Some full body. Others focused on a specific area. FYI no music in background.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 05:13 PM  
Tinks

I have a subscription to jen.health. She's a physical therapist, and I really like her content.

She also has a YouTube channel as well.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 06:53 PM  
prettyinpink

I think Essentrics is really some of the best, but I do like Tracie Long’s Core Movement DVDs. There are three of them. She has some stretching and works a lot on hip mobility, thoracic mobility, and full body movements like lighter Turkish get-ups.

This one by strength coach Dan John on YouTube, and another where he is by himself, has some of the same types of exercises, which look similar to what is shown in the Mark Laurens clip. He uses the exercises from a book called Original Strength. It’s just some people in his garage gym, but it gives you an idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKRnMig5PGA

Cathe has a mobility DVD from her last series that I am planning on getting when her upcoming series is ready.

I also do deep calf stretching regularly, the way I first saw it recommended by Katy Bowman.
https://www.janetwalkerosteopathy.co...-stretch-ever/
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-22, 07:06 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Seconding Tracie Long workouts! Her Signature Series each have longer mobility sessions too. Actually, many of her other workouts have mobility work, including both Stronger Longers. I love all the Core Movements!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-22, 12:08 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Kettlebell Kickboxing 7 Day Lean series is amazing for mobility workouts! Which reminds me that I need to re-visit this set

Here's the old clip from when Mary used to carry the DVDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbK8...talfitnessdvds
Old 10-24-22, 08:22 AM  
jldx2in2000

I bought this program called Beyond Flexibility last year and it has been amazing. It helped me not only get deeper into my squat but also helped eliminate some hip pain I had been having with squats. I also have been working on the backbends and front splits and it has been amazing for helping me get more comfortable in a backbend and go from a half split to almost being able to touchdown in front splits.

It seems a little pricey but you really do get a big bang for your buck. It is not DVD and is streaming only. You can also join the Facebook group which is amazing. There are additional guides to help regress the exercises plus everyone is great about helping out with questions.

She may also have a Black Friday sale where it could be up to half off the current price.
jldx2in2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 10:50 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

While not mobility specifically, Tai Chi and Qi Gong workouts help with mobility, balance and flexibility. Some of Miranda's movements in Classical Stretch are borrowed from Tai Chi. I'm doing Scott Cole, David-Dorian Ross and Lee Holden workouts fairly regularly. Jane Adams yoga workouts also have mobility practices on her DVDs, as well as Tai Chi, also. You could also do more restorative yoga, like Rodney Yee's Back Care workout which is excellent and uses props. There are many others, but this one came to mind as I did this one recently and loved it!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobility, original strength, tim anderson