Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-23, 08:40 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Iron Day 22 chest/back plus the first 15 minutes of Chris and Edi's Build Day 30 arms. That's a full one hour workout of just shoulders and arms so I would never do the whole thing but I love how their workouts are broken down in blocks so they are very easy to use as add-ons.

buffmama - thank you for the video. I knew proper form but it's always good to get a reminder in case I start getting sloppy. Here's the video of KCM with her dog. Her dog is so excited to see her! https://www.facebook.com/Kellycoffey...72183320746166

Wendy - I'll probably try that Vera lower body workout you just posted. I really liked the last one with the straight sets. This group is great for finding new workouts and instructors.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-23, 05:24 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Sydney Cummings Houdyshell- 50 Min. Upper Body Strength Builder- Summertime Fine Day 5. I really liked this one. Lots of unilateral work which forces me to focus on form. There is one move I haven't done before- drag curls with extension. I couldn't go heavy with the extension but I liked the move.

buffmama- Thanks for the video. As Erica said, it is always nice to get reminders of good form!

Erica- Yes, it is nice how Chris & Edi workouts are set up so you can pick certain rounds to do alone or add on to another workout.

Here's another trainer to check out- Tom Peto Training. Yes, another brit trainer.
Old 03-15-23, 12:37 PM  
buffmama

Today was a long (+tough) pilates workout followed by Caroline Girvan 20 min Demanding HIIT with you guessed it - burpees! I think I'm trying to work up to kk's burpee workout. So far Caroline's have been OK. May end up mixing Cee in with Jasper - 30 min upper/lower body splits seems to be my 'thang'.
Old 03-15-23, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler- Low Impact Total Body HIIT w/12 min. abs finisher. Another not really low impact workout, but she does have modifications. This was filmed outside last summer next to a swimming pool and the scenery was so nice! I'm ready for warm weather!

buffmama- I saw over in GD that Lift w/Cee has a new series coming out that are 30 minute splits. I'm curious to see them as I really enjoy her workouts. Will they be free or will she start charging a membership- that is the question.

Hi Erica & Angela!
Old 03-15-23, 05:37 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did the same Sydney lower body workout that I did a couple of days ago: 50 Minute HIIT Lean & Strong Legs Workout | Summertime Fine 3.0 - Day 32.

Wendy - I get cranky about too many unilateral moves that can be done bilaterally. I do see the value of doing them but I wouldn't want to do a whole workout like that. I would end up doing the Sydney workout you did using both arms when possible.

buffmama - you and your burpees!

Erica
Old 03-16-23, 07:26 AM  
buffmama

More sun and more sleep means my body wants more movement so straight lifting was out on this strength day. I did danielpt Compound FB KB Strength + Abs and followed with Qigong which was great. I've also added hanging to my morning routine after watching someone's spine decompress while hanging. I definitely think I can feel a difference.

Anyone know what kind of surgery kk had? I saw that it was on her breast but not if it was cosmetic or something else.
Old 03-17-23, 07:04 AM  
buffmama

Sticking Daniel: Dynamic FB DB. Lots of upper body so tomorrow will be lower body tomorrow. This one kept my heart rate up (yesterday I was hungry).
Old 03-17-23, 10:44 AM  
Erica H.

I did Daniel's lower body workout from his Force series - did up to the floorwork and then started at the beginning and added another 15 minutes or so.

I somehow hurt my knee and my back. My knee started hurting yesterday - just feels like I tweaked it. And I woke up this morning and my back hurts a lot with any movement. I have no idea how I hurt either since I never felt pain during my workouts but I suspect it has to do with going heavier? Anyway, I know I should take a few rest days and that's what I would advise anyone else to do but I can't do it because I worry about gaining weight and how to adjust what I eat with lack of exercise. I took ibuprofen this morning but it didn't seem to do anything. I'll try naproxen next.

buffmama - I didn't know kk had surgery. Hope she's ok. Did you eat more when you felt hungrier than usual? Glad the hanging is giving you good results.

Hi Wendy and Angela!

Erica
Old 03-17-23, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I walked a client's dogs so nothing but dog walks yesterday.

Today I did Sydney Cummings- 50 Min. HIIT Lean & Strong Legs- Summertime Fine 3.0 Day 32. Erica, this is the workout you've done a few times recently. Wow. My quads were screaming at me at the end with those squat jumps and lunges! I have to say tall box climbs are a piece of cake after doing the firm version of them for so many years. Or maybe because I'm stronger.

Erica- That is awful that you tweaked your knee and back. I hope naproxen helps. Maybe you could try a workout that wouldn't be too much for your knee and back?

buffmama- Was the Daniel PT workout you did the one he posted 3 days ago? I previewed it today and saved it to my YT list. It looks really good!

Hi Angela! Hope you were able to finish your Hero rotation!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Old 03-18-23, 08:05 AM  
buffmama

Woke up early and really felt like being grounded. After pilates I did Caroline's 30 min Legs & Glutes with Ankle Weights. It was floor work, standing and then repeated the floor work. Felt like a good choice. I then did this Qigong which I thought was great.

Wendy - Yes the Daniel I did was his latest. I used different DBs to try and maximize the strength moves.

Erica - I eat when I'm hungry. And when the intensity of my workouts change there is a lag before my food intake adjusts. With lots of hiit and high intensity I get hungry. I hope you're feeling better. Key an eye on the long term and try find the strength (pun intended) to do what is best for you.

Angela - Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Cyberpump. I have 2 more Hero to finish before I return to it.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts