Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-05-23, 08:44 AM  
buffmama

Jasper MacDermot Cyberpump Upper Body. Wonderful w/u, c/d, and Tate presses - why don't these get done more? I'm going to do them more subbing for other tricep work.

Angela - If I knew Cyberpump was a rotation I would have thought more about what I was doing - so maybe it's a good thing I didn't. . Hope you get some time to rest + recover this weekend. Feel better.

Wendy - Wow, on your weights. I'm wimping out apparently, even though I've recently increased some of my weights. I used 25lbs for gorilla rows and that felt plenty heavy keeping my pelvis stable. But no doubt, I should push myself a little bit more.

Erica - I get what you're saying about Daniel's workouts. I have felt that way but since I was doing that style of workout exclusively the work seemed to add up. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 02-05-23, 11:06 AM  
Erica H.

Today's workout mishap was that our internet went out. I exercise early before DH gets up but fortunately he showed me how to reset it before he left for his trip last week and that worked! I haven't used DVDs in so long that I don't remember how to use the DVD player and am totally dependent on the internet now!

Did part of Iron Day 6/Quads and nourish move love 45-Minute LEG DAY Workout for Women | At-Home Dumbbell Workout. I think this was my favorite so far of the NML workouts I've done. I enjoyed Iron's slow pace too.

Wendy - I really like Caroline's Back/Bicep work. Interesting about the longer sets and really feeling it with the dumbbell for the extra time. I'm enjoying going back to Iron for legs and looking forward to using it for upper body as well.

Angela - I'm sorry you've been sick! Glad you've been resting. I am a big believer in sleep being the best medicine! Congratulations on doing so well with your classes. You have a super tough schedule. I know I couldn't handle that for long. Hope you feel better very soon.

buffmama - I forgot about tate presses. That is a good move! I usually like Daniel's workouts but the one I did yesterday just didn't work for me.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-23, 06:32 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler- 30 Minute Cardio Core Abs. I didn't feel quite worked so I added on M. Briehler's- Intense Cardio Core Kickbox HIIT. I was just going to do the standing portion, but ended up doing the ab finisher anyway. Yes, my abs are thoroughly worked!

Erica- Oh no- no internet. I've had this happen a couple of times. Luckily the internet is much more reliable these days (usually!).

Angela- Get some rest and hopefully you'll be over your cold soon!

buffmama- Keep slowly progressing with the weights and you'll be surprised at how strong you are! Even if you do just a few reps with a higher weight and drop down to finish a set, you'll quickly see gains in strength.
Old 02-06-23, 09:22 AM  
buffmama

Continued with Jasper's Cyberpump Lower Body Blast.

Angela - I took a look at Hero and like the set of those better. With 2 day splits + FB workouts it will be great.

Wendy - I picked up heavier weights today for alt rear lunges. It worked.

Erica - Hope your internet is working when you want it today.
Old 02-06-23, 10:52 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Chris and Edi's Day 17 of their Beast series - Chest,Shoulders, and Triceps. Wendy, this is the one you recently did. I saw in the comments that someone said they thought it was the hardest one in the series so far and Chris replied that Edi said the same thing.

Angela - hope you are feeling better.

buffmama - nice job on the heavier weights.

I have an appt. with my foot surgeon today and am dreading it. This has all been so frustrating and expensive.

Erica
Old 02-06-23, 06:27 PM  
wendug

Mixing things up again. Today I did M. Briehler- RIP Full Body Strength. I liked it, but I think the shoulders were a little short-changed. My triceps were definitely on fire! Now I want to do Jari's Ripped & Chiseled.

Erica- Hope your appointment went well. That Chris & Edi workout is tough! I was to the point of failure on the chest presses in the last round.

Buffmama- Yay on the heavier weights! And I agree the Hero set looks better than Cyberpump.

Angela- Hope you are feeling better today!
Old 02-07-23, 11:30 AM  
buffmama

Cyberpump Ulimate Upper Body. Some interesting moves. Pendaly rows and face pulls were new to me and worked out OK. Quadraped rear delts = core work also. This was not one to go heavy on.

Erica - Sending healing thoughts + prayers.
Wendy - Thanks for the push.
Angela - Hope you've recovered. Awesome job on your grades. I definitely did not get everything correct in my classes but each 'awesome' was celebrated.
Old 02-07-23, 12:06 PM  
Erica H.

I repeated the workout I did on Sunday (Iron and nourish move love legs). Great workout.

Jasper posted an upper body push workout today that I want to try sometime.

Wendy - I love Jari's ripped and chiseled. It's so great for working your muscles in a totally different way and she really burns them out!

I'm so upset about this nerve problem post-op. Next step is a CT scan. Thousands of dollars spent on diagnostics with no change in symptoms. DH spent a fortune (around 20k) on dental work last year but at least that's all fixed. In this case, we'll be out so much and I'll still be suffering and then will have treatment (hopefully) that will cost even more. It always seems to go this way for me.

ETA - pre-op was thousands with lots of imaging (MRI and x-rays, doctor appointments, a brace, etc.) and then, of course, the operation itself and all the medical supplies I needed at home to manage post-op. All of this for a torn tendon!

Erica
Old 02-07-23, 06:28 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- DC Fitt- 40 Minute Kickboxing HIIT. This was a sweaty one. It was one of Deanna's earlier workouts posted to YT and you can tell. No warm up or cool down included, and she was super hyper. She yelled "WOOO!" throughout the workout. It was annoying, but thankfully her on screen presence has improved over the years.

I had my first fitness dream (that I can remember) last night. I was on vacation and decided to carry around my 25 pound dumbbells. I guess I wanted to do some farmers walks while sightseeing? Weird.

Erica- It's awful that you've been through so much with your injury. I hope that you are able to find someone that can provide treatment that brings improvement!
Old 02-08-23, 09:29 AM  
buffmama

Contining on my Jasper journey Cyberpump Lower Body. I prefer up/lower splits for ease of scheduling so I'm watching the direction he takes the channel.

Wendy - Love the fitness dream!
Erica - I hope you find relief from your torn tendon.
Angela - Hope you're keepin' on keeping' on.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts