Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-30-23, 07:11 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Iron Day 1 Legs again and added on part of nourishmovelove 30-Minute LEG WORKOUT At-Home with Dumbbells (Lower Body Burnout with Dumbbells + Band). I liked this one.

Tomorrow is my EMG and my nerve conduction study. I'm really nervous. I'm actually more nervous about how I'll handle the appointment with my concussion symptoms than I am about the discomfort from the actual procedure (even though I'm dreading that as well). I don't do well with appointments at all but at least the doctor doing the testing is a neurologist so if I'm going to fall apart and embarrass myself, that's the right doctor to do it with. I still need time each day to rest/recharge my brain and the appointment is right at the time I do that so it's going to make the appointment even more difficult than it would normally be.

I think I'll hold off on Vera for now thanks to the feedback here - thank you!

Angela - I hope the burial goes well. That's too bad about the effect of Covid on your grandmother. My great aunt died last year at the age of 106. She was very healthy and independent until the last couple of years. Really amazing. She also had Covid and survived but I don't know if she had long Covid. She did have dementia at the end.

buffmama - great job on your classes! I'd be so intimidated to do that.

Wendy - that Daniel PT workout looks really good but there is a lot of floorwork, which I hate. I could sub something different for the floorwork though. I really like his workouts.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 09:34 AM  
buffmama

Today was fitness_kaykay Standing Legs & Booty. 1/3 booty band, 1/3 DBs, 1/3 BW. Great workout, not too much dread.

Erica - I am nervous every time - and I'm working with people I know! You'll be in my thought today - hopefully your testing will go better than expected.

Angela + Wendy - Hope you have a great day + workout.
Old 01-31-23, 11:39 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Tomorrow is my EMG and my nerve conduction study. I'm really nervous. I'm actually more nervous about how I'll handle the appointment with my concussion symptoms than I am about the discomfort from the actual procedure (even though I'm dreading that as well). I don't do well with appointments at all but at least the doctor doing the testing is a neurologist so if I'm going to fall apart and embarrass myself, that's the right doctor to do it with. I still need time each day to rest/recharge my brain and the appointment is right at the time I do that so it's going to make the appointment even more difficult than it would normally be.
Erica
Erica- Sending positive thoughts and vibes that your appointment goes well!
Old 01-31-23, 06:12 PM  
Erica H.

Thanks for the good wishes! Everything went much better than expected, so that was a relief and I'm glad it's over.

Today I did Day 12 - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps - from Chris and Edi's Build Series again.

If you're interested in barlates at all, I saw that Linda posted a whole bunch of workouts. I don't know if these are older ones that have been re-released under different names?

buffmama - that workout looks good!

Erica
Old 01-31-23, 06:38 PM  
wendug

Erica- I'm glad your appointment went better than expected! And thanks for the Barlates tip!

Today's workout- KCM- Lean from Strong & Lean + the RAW Stepboxing bonus from CardioFit. I had been looking on YT for kickboxing workouts and really don't like a lot of kickboxing that is available. I guess I'm really picky. I thought why not just pull out a DVD since you have so many Kelly workouts? I was worried the DVD wouldn't play as I was having trouble with the DVD player the last time I used it. I had to unplug it and reboot it but it worked. Ugh. It's OLD so it might be on its last leg.

Hi to Angela & buffmama!
Old 01-31-23, 07:03 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I had been looking on YT for kickboxing workouts and really don't like a lot of kickboxing that is available. I guess I'm really picky.
Have you seen either of these? I haven't done them in a long time but I used to use them for kickboxing

https://www.youtube.com/@farmgirlfitgirlrach3481/videos

and here's one from get Heather Fit (I don't know if it's one I've done though, just an example) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuwkGD8KsqA&t=122s

Erica
Old 02-01-23, 08:11 AM  
buffmama

Today was kk's DB Upper Body Supersets. Winner. Each superset was repeated 4x and it was all large muscles. Breakdown: alt rows + seated alt Arnold press, push up climber + pullover, clean-alt push press + push up rotation, Renegade rows + narrow chest press. I'm sure I will be feeling this tomorrow. I subbed bi curls for the last Renegade rows. Great one to work on push ups.

Erica - Those kickboxing workouts look great.
Wendy - What are your thoughts on Kelly's latest? I have Power Splits but haven't done it yet.
Angela - I'm going to have to look at Jasper again with your rave reviews and fit him in sooner rather than later.
Old 02-01-23, 12:11 PM  
Erica H.

Today I did Fuel Day 1 Legs and nourishmovelove's 30-Minute Kettlebell LEG WORKOUT. Great workout. NML was new for me but I've done Fuel several times.

Wendy - if you haven't done Fuel Day 1, I think you might like it because it seems to have the format you mentioned a while ago that you like with Caroline starting with two weights, then 1 weight, and then bodyweight - using different moves at times depending on how much (if any) weight is being used.

Angela - glad you are loving Jasper's workouts so much! Hopefully that makes the 4am workouts easier to get up for.

buffmama - great workout!

Erica
Old 02-01-23, 12:56 PM  
wendug

Erica- Thanks for the links for kickboxing workouts- they look good! And I have done Fuel Day 1 before, I think when she started the series. That workout is good and I have looked at it again recently. I was going to do it one day a couple of weeks ago but wasn't in the mood to to sprawls so passed on it. I will get to it again soon.

Buffmama- I didn't buy KCM's Power Splits, but did buy CardioFit which is really fun! One of the CardioFit workouts is kickboxing interspersed with lower body weighted work. The second workout is hi/lo with some lighter sculpting work. Plus there is a RAW bonus stepboxing workout. This is more drills than creative combos, but still good.
Old 02-01-23, 02:06 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
but wasn't in the mood to to sprawls so passed on it. .
LOL, I should have posted that I did a modified version of Fuel Day 1.

I'm never ever in the mood to do sprawls so I just did slow touchdown squats instead. I think I modified a few other of the unweighted moves too.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts