Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-28-23, 07:04 PM  
wendug

Today I did Michelle Briehler's Mid-Section Melt. This workout was challenging for me, but I don't often do a lot of the moves in this workout. And bicycles with ankle weights are tough! My abs were burning!

Erica- My triceps were a little sore after Chris & Edi's workout, but not too bad. I'm glad to hear your dh is home safely. And your son is in Indonesia. Wow! How exciting! Is it for work or a vacay?

buffmama- I'm impressed with your workout schedule along with teaching pilates. You go!

I'm happy to announce that in 3 months time I am down 22 pounds of the 30 pounds I regained over the past few years. I'm surprised as I did indulge in treats over Christmas and didn't eat great or work out for a week while traveling to visit family. Now to see if I can lose the last 8 pounds by spring.
Old 01-28-23, 07:42 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, Congratulations on the weight loss! That is really impressive! You must feel so good about it. My son is in Indonesia to visit his girlfriend (long story). I am nervous about it - last time he was there he got a bad case of food poisoning and I was pretty scared. But for now I'm relieved that he made it there okay. It's a very long trip!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-23, 08:13 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, Congratulations on the weight loss! That is really impressive! You must feel so good about it. My son is in Indonesia to visit his girlfriend (long story). I am nervous about it - last time he was there he got a bad case of food poisoning and I was pretty scared. But for now I'm relieved that he made it there okay. It's a very long trip!

Erica
Thanks, Erica! I feel really good about it, and I'm happy my clothes fit better! I just know that the closer you get to your goal, the slower the weight comes off. I think it is exciting that your son is in Indonesia, but I understand the worry. I would want to try many new dishes in an exotic place, but I know many countries don't have the same standards of cleanliness and sanitation as in the states. I hope he took some medicine in case it happens again!
Old 01-29-23, 08:14 AM  
buffmama

Today was growinganannas 30 min Legs & Booty. No rest for the weary (or anyone else) here as there is no rest between exercises. I restarted Yoga with Tim's Beginner Meditation - it's short + sweet and calming. Teaching this morning and hopefully scheduling a few more.

Wendy - Good job on the weight loss! When/if it slows down, just tell yourself that will aid in keeping it off. Better fitting/more comfortable clothes - . Something I'm always looking for.

Erica - Nourishmovelove would probably work with my pilates teaching. I look forward to your reviews. Hoping your son enjoys his trip - how exciting!
Old 01-29-23, 11:30 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Day 13 back/biceps of Chris and Edi's build program (again).

Have any of you done workouts by Vera LaRo? I've subscribed to her channel for a while but haven't tried any of her workouts yet. Since Chris/Edi post a new push workout each week but not a traditional back/biceps workout (some are posterior chain instead of back/biceps), I was thinking of doing a back/biceps workout by Vera.

I would love for my clothes to fit better. I have been really struggling since my injury and keep gaining. My clothes either don't fit at all or are very snug. It's so hard. I used to maintain (of course with disordered eating/exercise) but since my injury I just keep slowly gaining.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-23, 02:00 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Today was Day 13 back/biceps of Chris and Edi's build program (again).

Have any of you done workouts by Vera LaRo? I've subscribed to her channel for a while but haven't tried any of her workouts yet. Since Chris/Edi post a new push workout each week but not a traditional back/biceps workout (some are posterior chain instead of back/biceps), I was thinking of doing a back/biceps workout by Vera.

I would love for my clothes to fit better. I have been really struggling since my injury and keep gaining. My clothes either don't fit at all or are very snug. It's so hard. I used to maintain (of course with disordered eating/exercise) but since my injury I just keep slowly gaining.

Erica
It's been a while, but yes I have done Vera's workouts. I tend to like her lower body workouts more than her upper body. But give her a try, you might like her. I noticed that she now releases videos for members only. Thankfully she still has lots of older videos available.

Sorry to hear you are frustrated with the after-effects of your injury. I've been watching Redefining Strength videos on YT. She gives many helpful tips on training and diet.
Old 01-29-23, 06:17 PM  
wendug

Today I had to do a bit of shoveling snow, well, more like sleet. It was an icy layer that made everything slippery so I wanted to clear as much of it away before the temperature plunges and it really turns into sheets of ice.

My abs are a bit sore today from Michelle's Midsection melt workout so I just did some mobility work- Movement Parallels Life- 20 min. bodyweight workout. I was surprisingly warm with this workout and it felt good.
Old 01-29-23, 08:32 PM  
gigi

Hey guys! I'm just popping in to say that I kept up with my workouts last week. I start Hero Week 2 tomorrow and I hope to do Mossa Group Fight 19 on Wednesday. We will bury grandmother who passed on the 20th. She was 103 years old and 6 months when she passed. I saw her shortly before she passed and knew it would be soon. She survived COVID and I personally thing she had long COVID. She was not doing well before COVID but that took it out of her. I'm relieved she is no longer miserable.

I spent a couple of hours on school work Friday night and most of the day Saturday.

I hope you all have a great week!
Old 01-30-23, 09:29 AM  
buffmama

growinganannas DB Upper Body was my 'main' workout. It was what I expected but not a favorite. Core work was included and lots of renegade rows. I added in DB pullovers and some tricep presses. I'm repeating Yoga with Tim's Beginner Meditation - sitting with Tim for 5 min a day is just easy.

I am working on 2 pilates classes to teach and have a pilates class I'm taking later. Taught a class yesterday that went well but as a new instructor I definitely have things to work on.

Erica - I did one or two classes with Vera and found some of her moves awkward. We just didn't click.

Angela - Hope you got to rest Sunday!

Wendy - I like the look of Movement Parallels Life but simply have nowhere to add those in.
Old 01-30-23, 06:46 PM  
wendug

Today's workout was a tough one- Daniel PT - 45 Minute Quadzilla Lower Body Workout. My legs are jelly after this and I did tons of stretching. He talks in this workout which is unusual, but he wanted to count out slow reps which I appreciated so I didn't need to look at the screen. If you are in the mood for squats, give this workout a try.

buffmama- Yes, some of Vera's moves are awkward. She likes to do a punching move with too heavy of weights. My shoulders don't like that move at all, and most kickboxing workouts recommend not going too heavy with weights while punching.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts