Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-23, 05:11 AM  
gigi

Today's workout slayed me: CG 30 Minute Full Body Trisets. I started class last night. My life will be workout, school, study, bed, repeat.
Old 01-09-23, 09:10 AM  
buffmama

Today's main workout:
More kay_kay! Power - 54 min
Yoga with Joelle Yoga for Your Back + Spine - 11 min

Really liking Kay Kay. Don't like that she bows at the end of the workouts but oh well.

Angela - Keep your eyes on the prize. You can do this. I've been taking classes while working full time. It's not easy.

Erica - Sending healthy thoughts your way and some prayers.

Wendy - I tried to tell buff boy that being a dog groomer or trainer might be an interesting option for him - he wasn't convinced.
Old 01-09-23, 06:28 PM  
wendug

Erica- I hope your appointment went well! I enjoyed day 1 of Chris & Edi's Build program, but I already bailed on their day 2 lower body workout. It has a calf section and as I've mentioned before, I'm already blessed with muscular calves and do not need to work them.

Today's workout- Daniel PT- Leg Workout from the FORCE series. Oh this was a tough one! I stretched about 15 minutes after the workout (on my own, not following anyone) as I could really feel my muscles were worked with this one. I think not having done heavy leg work for a couple of weeks made this more difficult. But, I went as heavy as I could and got a great workout! I also walked my dogs for about an hour and a half today since the sun was out and it was warm for January.
Old 01-09-23, 06:33 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Today's workout slayed me: CG 30 Minute Full Body Trisets. I started class last night. My life will be workout, school, study, bed, repeat.
I've saved this for another day. I love the format of 2-1-none workouts (DC Fitt has lots of these). I didn't know Caroline had one like this.

And YOU CAN DO THIS with working out, school, and classes/studying. It will be tough, but you are tough!
Old 01-10-23, 04:53 AM  
gigi

Thank you Wendy! I found it it is actually two classes at a time! I just finished Mossa Group Fight 2 30 minute workout. It was great. I identify with these instructors more than Les Mills and the workouts seem fresh and creative.
Old 01-10-23, 10:49 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Tiff/Dan Day 34: 30 Min SUPERSET Leg Workout with Dumbbells | 6 Week Shred II plus Daniel PT 15 Minute Dumbbell LEG WORKOUT. I am planning on doing Daniel's Lunge Marathon again soon and started to preview it and noticed that it says, "Lung Marathon" at the start.

buffmama - why does Kay Kay bow? Thanks for the support.

Wendy - I love that lower body workout from the Force series. Definitely a favorite. And so tough. How wonderful to get a nice long walk done in January! I'm pretty sure Caroline has other workouts with the format you like.

Angela - glad you had a good workout! What a schedule you have.

Surgeon appointment was kind of frustrating. Lots to think about. I can't remember if I posted about this but I have nerve damage from my reconstructive foot surgery. Scheduling an EMG, which I swore I'd never do again but it's necessary I think. Unfortunately, I'm worse off now than I was before my surgery.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 08:17 PM  
wendug

Erica- I'm so sorry to hear your surgeon appointment didn't go well. Nerve damage to your foot sounds awful. I'm sending hugs to you.

Today's workout- M. Briehler- Piyo total body workout. I don't do much yoga/pilates, but I enjoyed this. I was a bit sore after some weight workouts, so this was perfect for today. I needed all the stretching, and there was even a cardio blast with burpees (but not too many). Nice combo of things and I was sweating like crazy.
Old 01-11-23, 05:24 AM  
gigi

Mossa Group Power 20 Done! It was a GREAT workout. Loved the recovery. I'm running late because it was a full 60 minutes!
Old 01-11-23, 07:56 AM  
buffmama

fitness kay_kay FB Strength - 46 min

Erica - No clue why kk bows - it's a workout not a performance. Hoping you find some comfort in the situation with your foot.

Angela - I think I need to put that Caroline Girvan workout on my schedule.

Wendy - Off to look at DC Fitt!

ETA: KK noted to press into feet and heels in glute bridge to activate post line of body - what a difference! Where have I been - have others mentioned this?!
Old 01-11-23, 09:53 AM  
Erica H.

Today I did Chris and Edi 45 Min UPPER BODY WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS + CORE | 6 Week Build Series - Day 5 but skipped the core work. I liked this workout a lot but didn't love it. It's a good workout but there are so many other upper body workouts I like better. I love Chris and Edi's upper body work but my constant issue is that they spend too much time on smaller muscle groups and not enough on chest/back (in my opinion). I'll do this one again in a few days now that I'm more familiar with the workout and the weights I want to use but that will probably be the last time.

The other day I did Daniel PT's 40 min UPPER BODY DUMBBELL workout Build Muscle | Chest , Back , Shoulder, Biceps , Triceps + ABS (but replaced the ab work with more upper body work) and he spent about 25 minutes on chest/back and then 15 on shoulders and arms (IIRC) and I liked that much better.

Wendy - are you going to do Chris and Edi's pull workout from the first week of their new series since you did the push? Thanks for the hugs. They are very much appreciated.

Angela - glad you had a good workout before another long day! Still so impressed that you are getting up so early and getting that done!

buffmama - isn't it amazing how small changes can make such a difference in how you feel the exercise? That reminds me that I had a dream the other night that Chris Pesci was watching me do chest presses and corrected my form.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts