Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-29-22, 06:28 PM  
wendug

Another beautiful fall day! Today I planted a tree. Although a small tree, it took me almost 2 hours start to finish. I did not expect it to take that long. I was feeling a bit sore after so i did a quick Michelle Briehler workout- 20 Minute PIYO slow flow. I have never done PIYO before and it wasn't exactly what I expected. I did like it, but I guess I thought there would be more stretching since it was slow flow. So I did my own stretching after in areas that needed it.
Old 10-29-22, 07:59 PM  
Erica H.

Angela, hope you are enjoying your weekend and were able to get in another fuel workout today.

Wendy - we had another beautiful fall day today too. This has been the nicest fall that I can remember. You get a lot of activity in between the dogs and your yard! Perimenopause wasn't fun for me but menopause has been much worse. Hopefully it will be better for you. I've never done PIYO either. It was recommended to me while I was recovering from this last surgery but it didn't appeal to me.

Today I did the Daniel PT workout that I did a couple of days ago. I really like it. Yesterday I did Chris Pesci's 45 MIN UPPER BODY DUMBBELL WORKOUT (Build Muscle at Home). The workout was fine but I just didn't click with it and doubt I'll do it again.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 10:13 PM  
gigi

I did Fuel Day 5. It was killer. Friday afternoon our principal dumped bad news on all the special educators of resource classrooms. Due to the loss of another teacher (not sure if he quit or got fired), we all have to pick up one more class effective immediately. They will give us a stipend but we don't know how much that will be. I left in tears. I already cannot get everything done. My stomach just aches from anxiety. I told them I may or not be there on Monday because I felt sick. This is the only profession where something like this would happen. All the emails say, "Thank you for agreeing to take this on." It takes everything in me not to respond, we didn't agree, we were handed a roster Friday afternoon and told this was how it was going to be. I was just getting my nose above water and had planned out how I would get everything done next week before a 4 day weekend. I was feeling so good and then BOOM!

I think everyone of us should have said no. It is your job to find someone and hire them, not add to our already too full work duties but I can't always be the one standing up. It is SO frustrating. It is literally making me physically sick.
Old 10-29-22, 10:19 PM  
gigi

Wendy - if I planted a tree, that would have been my workout for the day!

Erica - our fall has been lovely as well. I usually have my windows down on the way home from school.

I have cathe's barbell, stability ball, large yoga mat, gloves, barbell pad, and barbell collars in my cart. With 30% off it's essentially getting the huge yoga mat for free. Shipping, of course is high but not as high as I expected. I have not hit purchase yet.

Part of me once to purchase to keep myself motivated because if I get accepted into grad school now that we have the extra class and less planning time, I don't know how I will keep up with an exercise routine. It's all stuff I will use. A barbell would make hip thrusts easier too. Sigh....
Old 10-30-22, 12:57 AM  
Erica H.

Oh, Angela, that's awful about what happened at school. I'm so sorry. That is beyond unfair and stressful. At some point the money doesn't matter if it's affecting your quality of life and making you physically ill, which is obviously what is happening.

Erica
Old 10-30-22, 09:29 AM  
wendug

Angela- I'm so sorry this is happening to you! Unfortunately this happens a lot in education. When I worked in the business office of a school district I had to cover for someone else TWICE for 8 weeks at a time. I did not get any additional money to cover for her, just overtime pay, which I needed to get two jobs done. The woman I covered for was my friend so I did it, but the district definitely took advantage of me. School districts need to realize that pulling stunts like this overwhelm people and make them burn out. More people will quit which just exacerbates the problem! I hope it turns out the additional class isn't too much stress!

If you get into grad school, when do your classes start?
Old 10-30-22, 05:31 PM  
wendug

Today I raked more leaves before the rain moves in. I am a bit sore and didn't feel like working out today, but I doubt I'll get a workout in tomorrow with it being Halloween. So I pushed myself and did KCM- Upper Body Supersets from Build & Burn. I do not remember this workout at all. She does both the shoulder press and chest press with a reverse grip, which I'm not a fan of- probably because I can't lift as heavy! After finishing this workout I wasn't quite ready to be done so I added on her Kickboxing w/light weights from Body Design. Despite not feeling it I'm happy I worked out today!
Old 10-30-22, 06:14 PM  
Erica H.

Today I went back to Caroline and did IRON Day 12 (chest/triceps) plus the first 10 minutes of Iron Day 13 (back work) and then five minutes of shoulders on my own. It was a great workout - very slow, controlled, and heavy (just wish I had heavier dumbbells for chest/back work). But I didn't sleep well and was so hungry all day - I don't know if it's from being so tired or the hard workout or stress/anxiety or a combo of all three. Ugh. I hate the constant battle with eating and weight.

Wendy - glad you are feeling good about getting a workout done even if it wasn't the greatest. Halloween is a nonevent here - no trick-or-treaters in the neighborhood (lots are too big) and my kids are all grown. I miss all the excitement of Halloween.

Angela - how are you doing? Will you go in to work tomorrow? I hope your weekend hasn't been ruined with anxiety and stress.

I find this happens a lot with companies/organizations expecting way too much of employees. One of my sons (electrical engineer) and my best friend (human resources) are frequently expected to take on loads of extra work - especially when people leave - with no extra compensation. And, of course, the railroad is a mess right now - the workers there are really dealing with horrible conditions. I don't want them to strike but something needs to change.

Erica
Old 10-30-22, 06:59 PM  
gigi

I feel ashamed to admit it but the weekend was full of anxiety and stress. I sent a professional email standing up for my well being and the good of my students and all of a sudden, I don't have to take the extra class. Now, I need to not worry about the gossip that will ensue and what others think of me. More teachers need to set boundaries and document through email what is actually taking place but it is a difficult thing to do.

I am going to the doctor tomorrow, if he can fit me in as I cannot continue to feel this much anxiety in my body. It's just been so extra this year.

No workout today. I *think* that I will start week two of Fuel tomorrow.

I got an anxiety relief massage yesterday evening. She was excellent. I still had a hard time letting go but it helped for sure.
Old 10-30-22, 07:07 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - no need to feel embarrassed about the anxiety! You've been through so much this year with your mom and are so busy with school and everything else. It's a lot on your mind and body. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself and got good results! What a relief for you and you are setting a good example to the other teachers- maybe they will follow your lead. If you don't mind, can you either post here or PM what your doctor says about the anxiety? I've struggled with debilitating anxiety this year since my concussion. I've always had it but never this bad.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts