Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-22, 04:24 PM  
gigi

Gah! I got home late Monday so no workout. Yesterday morning I recieved the flu/shingles vaccine and was sick all night, so no workout. Today is my first day home by 5 and I was all set to do Daniel's workout. I think I'm just going to HAVE to do a full body workout tomorrow and workout Saturday and only have 3 days of workouts this week. I'm o.k. with that.
Old 09-21-22, 06:37 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Gah! I got home late Monday so no workout. Yesterday morning I recieved the flu/shingles vaccine and was sick all night, so no workout. Today is my first day home by 5 and I was all set to do Daniel's workout. I think I'm just going to HAVE to do a full body workout tomorrow and workout Saturday and only have 3 days of workouts this week. I'm o.k. with that.
I know it is frustrating to find Daniel's site hacked. I had planned on doing one of his full body workouts you had posted earlier. Hopefully his site will be up and running again soon!

No workout for me today. I decided my body needed a rest day and I'm listening.
Old 09-21-22, 06:57 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - sorry about the reaction to your vaccines and missing Daniel's workout! DH and my youngest child have strong reactions to vaccines; DH got pretty sick from Shingles. How frustrating to be all ready to get your workout in and find it disappeared! I had a Daniel in my rotation for Saturday so I had plenty of time to switch that to something else but it would really throw me to be all ready to go and find his workouts gone!

Wendy - good to listen to your body. I need to do that more often but my fear is always that my body would tell me every day to rest and I'd never workout! And I don't trust my body since it always tells me to eat ice cream and pizza and...you get the idea.

I had a good workout today: Day 34: 30 Min SUPERSET Leg Workout with Dumbbells | 6 Week Shred II plus part of Kaliegh's 25 minute lower body workout with dumbbells.

I can't get over how nice Daniel PT was to respond to my private message even before posting on his Instagram and Facebook account about the hacking. I wonder how many pms he received! I hope he can get his videos back up soon.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-22, 07:25 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela - sorry about the reaction to your vaccines and missing Daniel's workout! DH and my youngest child have strong reactions to vaccines; DH got pretty sick from Shingles. How frustrating to be all ready to get your workout in and find it disappeared! I had a Daniel in my rotation for Saturday so I had plenty of time to switch that to something else but it would really throw me to be all ready to go and find his workouts gone!

Wendy - good to listen to your body. I need to do that more often but my fear is always that my body would tell me every day to rest and I'd never workout! And I don't trust my body since it always tells me to eat ice cream and pizza and...you get the idea.

I had a good workout today: Day 34: 30 Min SUPERSET Leg Workout with Dumbbells | 6 Week Shred II plus part of Kaliegh's 25 minute lower body workout with dumbbells.

I can't get over how nice Daniel PT was to respond to my private message even before posting on his Instagram and Facebook account about the hacking. I wonder how many pms he received! I hope he can get his videos back up soon.

Erica
Erica- I usually look at my calendar to see when I've truly had a rest day and if it has been a while, I try to take one. I just read an article today about the importance of rest days, so it was on my mind.

That is really nice that Daniel responded to you before posting to his accounts. I guess he wanted to respond to those who noticed that his site was hacked before posting to those who might not have had any idea. I saw that this happened to another instructor in your GD thread and that instructor LOST all of his videos/work because it wasn't copyrighted. That is crazy that someone can just take your work like that. I guess that is why copyright laws are in place.

I ordered a 30 pound dumbbell today from Walmart. It is on clearance for $30. I only ordered one to check out the quality of it. If I like it I can order a second one; hopefully it will still be in stock!
Old 09-21-22, 07:54 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, what a great deal on the dumbbell! I have up to 40s and need heavier ones but they are just too expensive. I'm just going to do with what I have and figure I'm strong enough! I know my sons would like heavier weights when they come home but they just have to settle as well. Hope you like it and can get a second one if you decide you want one.

Erica
Old 09-22-22, 08:15 AM  
Erica H.

In case you didn't see it already, Daniel's youtube channel is back!!!

Erica
Old 09-22-22, 04:23 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
In case you didn't see it already, Daniel's youtube channel is back!!!

Erica
I just saw! Putting on my workout clothes now. I was just pep talking myself saying, "You can't stop moving, Angela. You must workout."

AND CDornder fitness has another kickboxing workout that looks GREAT!
Old 09-22-22, 05:22 PM  
wendug

Now that Daniel's site is back up (YAY!) I did his 35 Minute Full Body Superset Strength Workout. Another great workout from Daniel!
Old 09-22-22, 05:52 PM  
gigi

I did a 5 Minute Dynamic WU followed by Daniel's 40 Minute Full Body DB Workout then a Relaxing 7 Minute Stretch. The stretch was so simple and relaxing. All is right in my workout world.

I'm having pain in my right breast where that knot is from the accident. And my right leg on the inside knee/back hurts when I do certain moves (no pigeon stretch, no kickbacks). My left arm hurts from the vaccine. I just feel like I'm fighting a lot more this year when it comes to my body. BUT, I will not stop moving.
Old 09-22-22, 05:53 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Now that Daniel's site is back up (YAY!) I did his 35 Minute Full Body Superset Strength Workout. Another great workout from Daniel!
I am absolutely LOVING him right now. I need simple, straight forward workouts! What a great deal for a 30lb. DB. I was to the point where I needed to get 35's and 40's but 30's are enough for now. I do have a 45lb. KB I use for some lower body strength.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts