Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-01-22, 11:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Hopefully I got them all in the page 12 post.

I had 372 kids last night! That was a lot of candy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-22, 01:31 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Hopefully I got them all in the page 12 post.

I had 372 kids last night! That was a lot of candy!
Whoa! 372 kids! We only had a handful of kids (<10) and we left a bowl of candy outside the door (I was caring for my bedridden mom and she was my no. 1 priority). My son, wife and grandchild went out for "treats" for a couple of hours.

I've been through a lot this year (mainly my mom's stroke and my physical injuries) and wasn't able to participate regularly with the Halloween-themed workouts (and I really wanted to), but I'm thankful that you added so many new workouts. I'm hoping I can participate more frequently next Halloween 2023. (I hope my "tired" and "aging" body will be in better condition next October!)

I want you to know I appreciate you and anyone else who adds new Halloween-themed workouts here. I LOVE this thread and I appreciate you all!
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 08:48 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Whoa! 372 kids! We only had a handful of kids (<10) and we left a bowl of candy outside the door (I was caring for my bedridden mom and she was my no. 1 priority). My son, wife and grandchild went out for "treats" for a couple of hours.

I've been through a lot this year (mainly my mom's stroke and my physical injuries) and wasn't able to participate regularly with the Halloween-themed workouts (and I really wanted to), but I'm thankful that you added so many new workouts. I'm hoping I can participate more frequently next Halloween 2023. (I hope my "tired" and "aging" body will be in better condition next October!)

I want you to know I appreciate you and anyone else who adds new Halloween-themed workouts here. I LOVE this thread and I appreciate you all!
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and that this year has been a hard one for you. That was 2020 for me, losing my mother-in-law in March and my mom in April that year. I hope you are giving yourself grace while also taking care of yourself too. Big hugs to you!

I didn't do as many workouts as I wanted either (again) but there hasn't been any real reason for it. I just haven't been working out like I want.

Here's hoping 2023 is the year of peak fitness for us both! I appreciate you as well, and everyone who has posted workouts and also done them!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-02-23, 12:07 PM  
Vantreesta

I did a couple Halloween workouts from the list recently and will continue peppering them in here and there.

Wed 7/26 27 minutes (from Gina B Up to the BEat Fit -30 Minute Halloween Dance Workout Mix | Spooktacular Cardio Sweat Session!, YT) 1st time Finally got around to doing this one and really enjoyed it.

Tue 8/1 10 minutes (from Get Kids Moving -The Count Dracula 'Halloween' Workout, YT) 1st time This was all lower body, variations of squats and lunges, 30 sec work/10 sec rest, two rounds. I liked it.

Old 08-02-23, 12:33 PM  
Leonana

I can’t wait for October and cooler weather!
Old 08-02-23, 07:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The countdown began!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-23, 09:26 PM  
Gams

Fall is normally my favorite time of year, but I’m dreading it this year because I’m literally afraid of winter. Last year we had our snowiest winter ever. It was horrible. Trees down everywhere. Roofs caving in. I paid $300 every time I had someone shovel my roof). All I did was worry every night about my furnace and every thump I heard on the roof made me wonder if it was a bunch of snow or a tree coming through my roof. I am already worrying about this coming winter and it’s still a few months away. The snow was so deep I had just a tiny space for the dogs to go outside to go to the bathroom. We had over 140 inches of snow. The snow was piled so high from plowing that you couldn’t even see my house from the road.

Last edited by Gams; 08-02-23 at 09:29 PM. Reason: To add official snowfall total
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-23, 11:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Wow, Gams! You guys had way more snow that we did! Hopefully this winter won't be as bad for you.

As soon as it gets really hot in July my brain apparently tries to self-protect and goes into fall mode so I just go with it.

Today I did two more:
15 minutes (from Sharona's Hill -Beginners Tim Burton Inspired Dance Workout || BeetleJuice, Nightmare Before Christmas & MORE!, YT) 1st time This was fun but kind of repetitive.

14 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -Yoga for Zombies!, YT) I've done this one before and had plenty other yoga practices to choose from but I wanted to stay in the theme.

Old 08-02-23, 11:47 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Fall is normally my favorite time of year, but I’m dreading it this year because I’m literally afraid of winter. Last year we had our snowiest winter ever. It was horrible. Trees down everywhere. Roofs caving in. I paid $300 every time I had someone shovel my roof). All I did was worry every night about my furnace and every thump I heard on the roof made me wonder if it was a bunch of snow or a tree coming through my roof. I am already worrying about this coming winter and it’s still a few months away. The snow was so deep I had just a tiny space for the dogs to go outside to go to the bathroom. We had over 140 inches of snow. The snow was piled so high from plowing that you couldn’t even see my house from the road.
August is peak hurricane season around here… we’ve had our share of big ones.

Praying you have a mild winter!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-23, 11:50 PM  
Vantreesta

I found a couple videos that are no longer available. The list is so long that when I'm in edit mode it's hard to find what I'm looking for so for now I'll just copy ones I find into this post. I already forgot what the second one I found was.

Paige Aileen Dance: Disney Parks Halloween Dance Cardio Workout (16:34) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9El6iWsh0c

HALLOWEEN HIIT WORKOUT - FUN FITNESS -Lucy Wyndham-Read (5:06) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwA...WRhj1&index=11

Just Dance Halloween Compilation (30 min Halloween Workout) -HalloJodles (28:31) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olOX...WRhj1&index=22

Tags
fun cardio, fun short workouts, fun workouts, halloween, halloween workouts, holiday workouts, theme workouts, youtube