Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-16, 02:00 PM  
leigh1673

Great review - thanks for sharing!

I Jessica. I really enjoy most of the workouts from her 21 Day Weight Loss plan and her 6 Week Walk Strong series, so I am sure I would enjoy these as well. I may need to put this one on my list for "santa"!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 07:42 PM  
angie_nrs

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this post.

The outlet store is Merchandise Outlet which only has about a half dozen stores in Michigan. They sell low end, oddball, retail stuff for the most part. I found mine at the physical store in Mt. Pleasant on a whim that they might have something. There was one left on the shelf when I left.

They do have a website at Merchandiseoutlet.com They have the 6 week transformation system there for $29.99 and you can use the coupon code of FLYER10 for an additional 10% off ($3). That is the cheapest I've seen that system so I went ahead and ordered it since I like the 30 day system so much They are also selling the same set on ebay but they charge shipping on ebay and don't charge shipping on their website so it's cheaper to order it there.

I have come up with a con.....Jessica doesn't work sides evenly on some exercises, so you have to do that yourself if you want that, like for triangle steps she will always start with the left foot instead of starting the second set with the right foot. Once you get familiar with the workouts, it's really easy to change the beginning foot on your own. It's also really not a big deal b/c it's not strength building exercises either, so I don't think you have to worry too much about inequalities. Also, there are ads at the beginning of her vids that I didn't notice before b/c I usually let the dogs in our out after I turn on my DVD player and by the time I get back in front of the TV it's ready to roll. It was 35 seconds to get to the main workout screen.....which is way less than most workouts, especially the Beach Body ones!

Anyways, I'm still enjoying this set and hope the 6 week transformation is great too!
Old 10-27-16, 09:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi Angie, congrats on the great results! I love Jessica Smith DVDs (the ones I have), I don't have any of her sets yet, and this sound really good, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the 6WT set, that's the one I got interested on the most, but never ended getting it. You got me curios with this..:
Quote:
I'm completely surprised and impressed by the set.....probably my second best purchase this year!
what was the first?!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-16, 06:35 AM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Hi Angie, congrats on the great results! I love Jessica Smith DVDs (the ones I have), I don't have any of her sets yet, and this sound really good, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the 6WT set, that's the one I got interested on the most, but never ended getting it. You got me curios with this..: what was the first?!
Hi Sweet! The first was the Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher series! I'm thinking I'll have to revisit that after I finish up with this rotation. I haven't really given 7 Day Lean or The Body Series a serious try yet.
Old 10-31-16, 01:03 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Hi Sweet! The first was the Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher series! I'm thinking I'll have to revisit that after I finish up with this rotation. I haven't really given 7 Day Lean or The Body Series a serious try yet.
Angie, thanks for getting back! I also really enjoyed Dasha's workouts and I still need to try the Scorcher set. Please, report back when you get the try the 6WT set, I'd love to hear which set you like the most!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 02:52 PM  
Sollamyn

Please delete. thanks.
Old 11-07-16, 02:54 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
(snip)
I have come up with a con.....Jessica doesn't work sides evenly on some exercises, so you have to do that yourself if you want that, like for triangle steps she will always start with the left foot instead of starting the second set with the right foot. (snip)
Ah, yes! I forgot about that. She always starts on the right side for V-steps (as I call them--or triangle, if that makes more sense to you). Because I have a hip joint problem on my right side, that really bothers me that she doesn't switch. I can modify, but still...I wish she'd trade off once in a while!

Donna
Old 11-17-16, 08:11 PM  
CharM

I just want to say thank you! Thanks to this thread, I was lucky enough to buy the set for under $10 shipped at MerchandiseOutlet. I was thrilled to get it for that price and wouldn't have cared much if I didn't like it because I wouldn't have spent much, but I do like it. I liked it so much that I checked ebay for the 6 Week set and got that new for $20 shipped. I've only tried 3 workouts so far (2 cardio, 1 total body) but I like them so much that I'm thinking of buying some others if she offers a code on Amazon. I'm hooked. (again) I'd been avoiding her after overdoing her YouTube workouts a few years ago.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith step, jessica smith workouts, pilates band