Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-04-16, 06:44 PM  
flamingoo

I'll second bee. Lisa's workouts are tough little workouts! I also haven't done pilates in years. I am finding them very easy to modify and feel like she doesn't rep you to death. I also like they are short. I'm really liking her
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-16, 08:57 PM  
lorajc

I, most likely, won't be able to "do" Lisa's Pilates yet.....so I'm looking forward to some beginner titles....and hopefully, I can add a couple good ones onto my VF Gift Exchange List before it's too late?

Oh...also, how long does it take before you notice the benefits from the practice? I also know it will be longer for me since I'm injured and have to "build" my strength up a lot, however, I don't want to give up on it thinking it's not helping...ya know?

I purchased a Gentle Pilates DVD on Amazon that says it's perfect for people like me. We shall see. It's supposed to be a first rate instructor, Eva Bondar and it's on the beach with waves....yes!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-16, 10:27 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I got Andrea Spier's Perfect Pilates Body from my secret santa. I did the warmup the core section and the legs/hips section today. I really liked this workout. I enjoyed the exercises -some of which I have never seen before. It is perfect if you are short of time. Thanks Aunt Famous for suggesting it.

The core section was challenging for me. However I noticed that despite working my core, my back doesn't hurt post workout like it does when I do Barre 3.
I may end up trying Pilates by Lisa but I get the feeling that it is too advanced for me.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 08:49 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I got Andrea Spier's Perfect Pilates Body from my secret santa. I did the warmup the core section and the legs/hips section today. I really liked this workout. I enjoyed the exercises (some of which I have never seen before. and it is perfect if you are short of time. Thanks Aunt Famous for suggesting it.

The core section was challenging for me. However I noticed that despite working my core back doesn't hurt post workout like it does when I do Barre 3.
I may end up trying Pilates by Lisa but I get the feeling that it is too advanced for me.
I remember liking that DVD.

If you try Lisa, do fewer reps or stay at her level one. She gives great cues.
Old 12-12-16, 10:14 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I remember liking that DVD.

If you try Lisa, do fewer reps or stay at her level one. She gives great cues.
And..... now that I've been doing PBL consistently for a couple of months, I feel a lot stronger for her moves. I'm still on level 1 for some abs moves, but in general I've noticed a lot of improvement in my ability to do all her reps, etc. It's very satisfying to see progress that way!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 03:37 PM  
starbelly

After reading the raves and trying the free workouts, I decided to start a subscription. Can anybody recommend some of the "best" (of course that's subjective) workouts on Pilates by Lisa? Any favorites that I shouldn't miss in my first month?

I was pretty sure that I was set for workouts, but the enabling is strong on this one!
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 04:39 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
After reading the raves and trying the free workouts, I decided to start a subscription. Can anybody recommend some of the "best" (of course that's subjective) workouts on Pilates by Lisa? Any favorites that I shouldn't miss in my first month?

I was pretty sure that I was set for workouts, but the enabling is strong on this one!
I seriously couldn't pick! I need to make a list. I tend to follow her weekly rotations. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Old 12-14-16, 04:55 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post

IMHO the total body workouts are good - but not upper body intensive. I typically like to combine workouts:

- upper body
- lower body
- core

I just recently added in some standing work this week and that is adding a new intensity to my workouts.

Some of my favorites are:
Bridal Arms
Crater Lake UB
Toned & Defined UB
Brazillian Butt
Brooklyn Burn
Booty Lift Pilates
Butt Lifter
Caribbean Heat Legs
Firmer Thighs
Lakeside LB
Magic Circle Lower
Spring into Summer Shapely Legs
Standing Legs - HARD
Barre blast
Barre Sculpt
Central Park Stretch - this feels absolutely divine

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 03:17 PM  
starbelly

Thank you for the recommendations. It has been so dreary here that the outdoor workouts are the most appealing so it's nice to see that they are also challenging.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 04:51 PM  
cherimac

I would do Internal Resistance at some point. You get a feel for how to engage the muscles in Pilates.

Also, Circuitlates is tough and truly total body.

Tags
jules benson, mini ball, pilates, pilates ball, pilates band, pilates by lisa, pilates for back pain, winsor ball