Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-16, 05:50 PM  
Donna D

Winsor Pilates Silver Series

I was gifted a set of the basic Winsor Pilates Silver Series, which I received yesterday including the Winsor Band. I have previewed the four DVDs in their entirety:

Silver GO- "for those who have more limited mobility and flexibility. The routine is done in a chair or a wheelchair. " 13 minutes 38 seconds

Silver FLO- "Silver FLO bumps up the basics you learned in Silver GO and increases your core workout." 22 minutes 42 seconds.

Silver PRO - "Silver PRO is for more active individuals who can handle a challenging, standing workout that is accompanied by advanced movements on the mat". 12 minutes 4 seconds.

Silver Bonus with Winsor Band - 12 min 30 seconds.

As always, Mari looks wonderful and her love of pilates is quite evident. Her instruction and manner of teaching remains the same as on our favorite workouts that she had made over the years.

These DVDS were produced after she was stricken with ALS. As to be expected there is a drastic difference in her voice; and she talks slower. None-the-less she still provides excellent instructions and occasionally shows her sense of humor.

I have a busy week ahead of me, I will try to provide reviews of each disc during the week.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 07:38 PM  
Donna D

Silver GO – 13 min 38 seconds

Brief introduction by Mari, picture of her Hollywood Studio. Equipment needed: chair. Hand weights and sticky socks are optional. There is a countdown clock at the bottom of the screen. Two women and one man are in this workout. They are shown on the Winsor Pilates Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Winso...13135912090489

I find this DVD to be more of a joint mobility session rather than a workout. People who have been immobile or ill would probably find it to be beneficial.

Brief description of movements:

Finding the powerhouse while pressing down on legs.

Shake out hands

Castanets – articulates fingers and wrists (I think Mari does this move on one of her DVDs with the band)

Turn the door knob – twist and pull

Shrug shoulders up and down

Circle shoulders

100’s –while seated and tapping feet – no movement with the arms

Squeeze shoulder blades, turn to one side, back to center, turn to other side

Sit on one hand –neck stretch with other hand

Press arms on side of chair and then “float up” arms

Stretch to the side with one arm extended while other one holds the chair

Foot articulation – extend one leg, flex toe, then ball of foot, and heel. Then point toe, ball, and heel.

Ankle articulation – circle ankle

Extend one leg, round the back, slide hand down the leg, feel the stretch in your back and back of leg

Extend both legs, slide hand down one leg, twisting from the waist
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 08:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I had ordered months ago and cancelled. Now with my arthritis getting worse, this set sounds good. But nothing happens when I click Order Now on the winsor website.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 07:24 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post

I have a busy week ahead of me, I will try to provide reviews of each disc during the week.
Thank you! Looking forward to your reviews whenever you're able to get a chance. Like monterey vidiot, the first one appeals to me too.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates band, winsor pilates, winsor pilates silver, winsor silver