Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-16, 06:32 PM  
LaCatrina

Hamelin D'abell CardioTone G

Hamelin recently started sending out his newer cardio workouts. Among these he put out this all low impact workout with quite a bit of arm action. This is a nice steady state session, with a plank set around the end. It's typical Hamelin's fare in the sense that the music is great and the moves are easy to follow. There will be a higher intensity cardiotone release soon, with some high impact intervals built-in, but this one is completely low impact, more like a walking workout.

There's no voice cues, he cues visually all the time.

From his website:

51 minutes of fat burning cardio and weighted upper body toning combined into one simple but effective CardioTone routine. CardioTone G is great for newbies and for people looking for an effective toning workout with an added cardio benefit. The class starts with a warm up and then goes straight into the weighted floor cardio - the routine is very space friendly - Hamelin builds up small and short segments that hits all the muscles to promote tight, lean and sleek muscle tone without adding bulk or 'pump'. CardioTone G is performed in a low'ish to mid intensity level which is the most effective pace for burning fat, you can therefore use full range of motion and really work into the moves and exercises in a safe yet effective manner. The workout finishes with a short un-weighted toning segment working the arms, shoulders, waist and thighs and then you finish off with a good and thorough stretch.

Preview: https://vimeo.com/152024444

You can order it here: http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...tone-g-general

By Hamelin's advice, I've been adding this one to my toning workout for the day, or I do it as a second workout in the evening. I lost three pounds in a week, without changing anything else
Old 01-19-16, 07:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks, Rebecca!
For once, I actually received an email from Hamelin and I purchased CardioTone G few days ago, and I already did the workout once. I liked it a lot.
Low impact, low-to-mid intensity as advertised and expected, with 1-3lb hand weights. I was surprised that by the end I felt like I got a great workout without feeling beat up. Picture and sound quality are excellent in this workout, and much better than in any other courses.

Now, I'm eyeing AIS Multi I, and I'm hoping he'll have some clips. I'll probably buy it sight unseen anyway. That, and AIS Multi II which is also coming. I am really enjoying HDM!
Old 01-19-16, 07:09 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thanks, Rebecca!
For once, I actually received an email from Hamelin and I purchased CardioTone G few days ago, and I already did the workout once. I liked it a lot.
Low impact, low-to-mid intensity as advertised and expected, with 1-3lb hand weights. I was surprised that by the end I felt like I got a great workout without feeling beat up. Picture and sound quality are excellent in this workout, and much better than in any other courses.

Now, I'm eyeing AIS Multi I, and I'm hoping he'll have some clips. I'll probably buy it sight unseen anyway. That, and AIS Multi II which is also coming. I am really enjoying HDM!
That's great to hear Dana!!! He really took in the complaints about the workouts being dark and the sound quality. I always enjoy his music choice, and this workout is no exception. I see myself doing this one over and over again Also, I hope he keeps on putting out previews - this one is over 6 min for a 51 min workout, so it's quite a bit of material to see what the workout is all about.
Old 01-19-16, 07:39 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I like his music choices too, and I particularly like the music he used in this video. I too can see myself using this video a lot. Fun with no dread factor and low impact which I need when I do cardio.

Rebecca, do you have AIS Multi I? If so, what do you think? I'm tempted even if cardio is higher impact because I'm sure I can modify. I can substitute rebounding when Hamelin jumps rope. Hmm.....
Old 01-19-16, 09:06 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
I like his music choices too, and I particularly like the music he used in this video. I too can see myself using this video a lot. Fun with no dread factor and low impact which I need when I do cardio.

Rebecca, do you have AIS Multi I? If so, what do you think? I'm tempted even if cardio is higher impact because I'm sure I can modify. I can substitute rebounding when Hamelin jumps rope. Hmm.....
Dana, I've only previewed it (haven't done it yet), but I'm sure you could use the rebounder for the jump rope intervals. I have a very iffy knee so I use Kangoo Jumps for all high impact workouts, except for AIS (the two free ones he has available on YT) and I do exactly that - I hop on my rebounder with a ropeless jump rope
Old 01-19-16, 09:33 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Rebecca, you are soooo bad for my pocketbook. This video was not on my radar at all. But I love the music in the clip and Dana, I agree with you that it looks fun without a dread factor. I just bought the video and was pleased that the exchange rate (for USD) was very favorable. I hope Nina sends me the link when I wake up in the morning. Can't wait to do it.
Old 01-20-16, 01:11 AM  
Taiga

I plan on getting this but hope it is a youtube link for the actual purchase. The only other vimeo link they sent was in DMW course #1 and that single class crashes so much. I haven't had any trouble with the youtube links...

This looks like HDM's version of a walking workout
Old 01-20-16, 07:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I plan on getting this but hope it is a youtube link for the actual purchase. The only other vimeo link they sent was in DMW course #1 and that single class crashes so much. I haven't had any trouble with the youtube links...

It's a vimeo. Personally, I like it much better than youtube. I downloaded it, and quality was excellent.
Old 01-20-16, 08:18 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
It's a vimeo. Personally, I like it much better than youtube. I downloaded it, and quality was excellent.
Agreed. The download on Vimeo is much easier on Vimeo. On Mozilla, there are 2 size options to download (HD and SD). On Chrome, there are 3 sizes (SD, HD and HD original).

It does seem like his version of a walking workout with light weights; looking forward to doing it this afternoon.
Old 01-20-16, 08:40 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Rebecca, you are soooo bad for my pocketbook. This video was not on my radar at all. But I love the music in the clip and Dana, I agree with you that it looks fun without a dread factor. I just bought the video and was pleased that the exchange rate (for USD) was very favorable. I hope Nina sends me the link when I wake up in the morning. Can't wait to do it.
I'm bad! Honestly I think I'm spending less money because I'm not jumping constantly into the next and best, ending up not using those workouts much, if at all.

Quote:

Hope you like it!! I always download my workouts, so I don't know how much better/worse is vimeo vs yt

Tags
cardio, cardiotone, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin dabell, hdm