Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-13, 01:47 PM  
Yelly

Recs for fun sweat-inducing dance cardio

I'm looking for some fun, challenging dance cardio. Please nothing beginner - more like Inter/Adv, and I'm not afraid of choreography. I was looking at the new one from Ilyse Baker: Dancinerate...has anyone tried that one yet? What about your favorites from Patrick Goudeau? Or does anyone like Altheatized? Thanks so much everyone!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 01:50 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I'm intrigued by Dancinerate but judging from the clip I'm afraid there are too many breakdowns.

Have you tried Addicted to Sweat? A good combo of choreography and intensity IMO.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 02:00 PM  
cpcathy

I know it sounds strange, but there are way too many dancers in the Dancinerate clip!

How are you with high impact? TA Cardio Dance is at a great price on Amazon now and once you learn the dances I'm sure you'll be sweating up a storm.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 02:05 PM  
cherimac

My favorite is Kari Anderson's Sweat Express II. Not a pure dance workout but definitely has Kari's dance flair and it's lots of fun. I would say it's more intermediate, though. As far as advanced, I've steered away from it because it's all rather high impact, which my body says is a no-no. If are okay with impact, definitely TA's first couple of Dance Workouts (Dance Aerobics and Dance Cardio) are fun and sweaty.
Old 01-18-13, 02:22 PM  
Fit Gal

I just got Dancinerate but I only tried the jazz section. There's a lot of tifting and instruction and then at the end put it all together. I think it's kinda one sided. I liked the music ..what I could hear of it (has vocals) but the music was waaay too soft. I do like Ilyse's personality. It's not a lovefest with me but gotta try it again and get to the other section.

I love love Kari Anderson Sweat Express II..great music, each dance is to a certain song..fun..love her personality.

I like Altheatized but haven't done that one in a while so I can't be more specific right now.

I also love Planet Motion..it does have a little woo woo but fine with me.
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 02:23 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I'm intrigued by Dancinerate but judging from the clip I'm afraid there are too many breakdowns.

Have you tried Addicted to Sweat? A good combo of choreography and intensity IMO.

I was wondering if Dancinerate had too many breakdowns too. Plus it's only rated as Intermediate, and I'd prefer a little bit more intensity.

Addicted to Sweat - now that I'm interested in! I had a long hiatus from VF, so I hadn't heard of it before. This looks like exactly what I'm looking for! Just so I'm sure, what's the names of the dance ones? I'm not interested in the toning ones.

Thanks so much fuzzie
Old 01-18-13, 02:27 PM  
Fit Gal

Oh. and what about Shaun T's rockin body. Loads of fun, makes me smile everytime
Old 01-18-13, 02:29 PM  
Yelly

Thanks for your replies everyone!

Yes, I'm fine with high impact. I do have all of TA's dance cardio ones. I'm gonna check out KA Sweat Express II and Planet Motion. Thanks for the thoughts on Dancinerate. Have any of you tried Addicted to Sweat?
Old 01-18-13, 02:31 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit Gal View Post
Oh. and what about Shaun T's rockin body. Loads of fun, makes me smile everytime

You're right - I have that one too! I need to get it out today
Old 01-18-13, 02:38 PM  
Fit Gal

I'll take out Altheatized this weekend and let you know what I think. I do remember I like her personality.

Tags
advanced dance, fun, fun cardio, fun workouts