Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-13, 12:19 AM  
bee1forfitness

I think workouts are still (if you're strictly talking about DVDs workouts) "fun" I think kettlebells, metabolic lifting, and bodyweight workouts are "fun", I personally wouldn't do any workouts if it's not fun or challenging. If you like dance/ShaunT have you tried Hip Hop Abs??
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 01:55 AM  
dls

Smile

My workout dvds that I love are kettlebells with Lauren Brooks, Anthony and Keith Weber. My favorite instructor used to be Cathe but not any more. I love Kelly's workouts. She has great premixes, good music and her personality just shines. I like Cathe's older weight workouts and a few of her kickboxing dvds but I don't plan to buy any more. I don't have the Xtrain dvds but I am so glad I didn't purchase them. I hope those of you who have Xtrain really enjoy them.

I decided to start power walking again at least 5 days a week. Power walking got me in the best shape of my life. I didn't have an ounce of fat on me. It makes me feel good to be out in the fresh air and listen to music that I love Disco Inferno

I still love my pilates and will continue several days a week. I have also been doing gentle yoga practices for stress and it has helped me so much.

I guess we all need to find what we love doing. I do not like any workouts that are high impact.

I am so thankful I found what workouts I enjoy. I will be saving a lot of money in the future. I am patiently waiting for Lauren Brooks new kettlebell dvd. I am sure I will buy it. I am still trying to decide if I want Lara Hudson's or the Element pilates workout with the band.

Have a great night all

Deb
dls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 07:04 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Buti
Yes! I just discovered these and have done sample workouts 2 days. I have a lot of room to grow, but I'm really enjoying them.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 08:49 AM  
Linda KH
VF Supporter

If you're looking for new workouts, I really like Kristin Dowell's Hi/Lo Recharge. It has choreography, but not too much. It's just a fun, basic floor workout with great cuing.

I also think Christi Taylor's Pure Spice looks like a blast. It's on my wish list.
Old 01-18-13, 01:03 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEDEE View Post
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Most workouts today seem to be about going extreme all the time. I'm been going back to some of my older workouts to use with my TT workouts to put a little fun back into working out.
I agree with you. I am hoping that we will see more fun in the near future. Christi's upcoming release gives me hope and it would be great to see some variety in workouts including some more choreographed routines. I miss the choreography, there seems to be an emphasis on more basic high intensity moves as of the past few years.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 03:10 PM  
pumptmuscle

Shhhh, don't let Mindy Mylrea hear you say workouts can't be tough and fun. She's the queen of tough, fun workouts. She's almost never serious-acting in a workout despite them being some of the toughest I've seen.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-13, 03:36 PM  
boukilisa

Workouts that are XXXXX-treme and drill after endless drill are not fun to me. They won't give me results because I won't do them.

A fun workout can be hard. But for me there has to be some variety and something to bring on those endorphins besides pain.
Old 01-18-13, 04:40 PM  
flowerpotcat

Not a dvd but rebounding to your favorite music. It's so much fun!

I agree with Shaun T's Rockin Body and Hip Hop Abs.. and I remember Billy Blanks (?) Jr's Cardioke. You can sing along while doing cardio. I find the music in Turbo Jam/Fire make the workout fun.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, fun cardio, fun workouts