Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-13, 10:27 PM  
mmis29

Whatever Happened to FUN Workouts?

I started X Train and while I really like many of the workouts, I feel like I'm getting burned out on "serious" already! I've been mixing in Turbo kick and fire dvds to satisfy my need for fun factor in my workouts instead of following the rotation.

I'm a big fan of the strength work in the series, but I am having a hard time with the cardio because it's all so similar. There are no combos. Just tabatas, blasts, drills, whatever you want to call them. I really miss fun workouts.

Any suggestions for workouts that just have that fun factor, that special something that makes them workouts you find yourself smiling doing them despite how hard you're working? I would love any recommendations! Thanks
Old 01-16-13, 10:48 PM  
Elise7

Imax 3 - tough, tons of variety, FUN!!
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-13, 11:03 PM  
kitty12

Beachbody Les Mills Combat - I'm having a lot of fun!
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 05:27 PM  
mmis29

I love Imax 3, some of Cathe's best work right there, IMO! I'm kind of bummed that Cathe has totally shifted from fun, combo type workouts to pretty much all drills all the time. After working a long day, coming home and taking care of everyone else, I love a good fun workout to burn off some stress and put a smile on my face.

I haven't looked into Les Mils combat, probably because I have so many kickboxing-ish dvds (mainly Turbo Kick/Fire). but its definitely worth looking into.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
Old 01-17-13, 05:30 PM  
DEEDEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmis29 View Post
I started X Train and while I really like many of the workouts, I feel like I'm getting burned out on "serious" already! I've been mixing in Turbo kick and fire dvds to satisfy my need for fun factor in my workouts instead of following the rotation.

I'm a big fan of the strength work in the series, but I am having a hard time with the cardio because it's all so similar. There are no combos. Just tabatas, blasts, drills, whatever you want to call them. I really miss fun workouts.

Any suggestions for workouts that just have that fun factor, that special something that makes them workouts you find yourself smiling doing them despite how hard you're working? I would love any recommendations! Thanks
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Most workouts today seem to be about going extreme all the time. I'm been going back to some of my older workouts to use with my TT workouts to put a little fun back into working out.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 05:56 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

When mass market workouts became about the best results in the shortest time, fun went out the window.

Donna
Old 01-17-13, 06:14 PM  
mle777

Buti

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:10 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

All the best to those of you who love Buti, it is absolutely not my cup of tea.

However, I'm looking forward to Christi T's new dance workout to be delivered this month!

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 08:12 PM  
furmomof6

Do you like step? I used to love, love, love Cathe's Rhythmic Step! I definitely considered that one fun!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-13, 09:00 PM  
NRGWoman

When I need a workout that is high in fun I pull out Shaun T's Rockin' Body. It is about the funniest thing I have ever seen. It is a fitness/workout "concert" with screaming fans and everything. I am so busy laughing at the workout that I never realize I am working out
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, fun cardio, fun workouts