Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-13, 02:38 PM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
That is really wonderful. Thank you GG!
You're welcome! Did you actually unsettle your stability ball, grab your Pilates ring and try it???

Quote:
In my earlier post I forgot to mention that I sometimes substitute the ring when instructors use the large stability ball, which I find too big/bulky/heavy for some moves. For instance, in the original Dream Body workout, Darby does a long series with the stability ball and I found that the ring worked much better for me - better hip alignment, less pressure on my back, etc.
Oh, that's a good idea. I often just skip stuff when they use a large stability ball between the legs (or go into "normal" non-ball positioning), because I don't like how it throws my leg/hip alignment off (which puts so much more work into my hip flexors, which then give me hell).

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:26 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

My old Gaiam ring was collecting dust. However, I really think I will use the Bally ring I got at Marshall's. It is smaller in size with good resistance and I see that being more comfortable. I will probably try to reacquire Bernadette's DVD. I would be more interested in recommendations where the ring is incorporated for a few exercises rather than a whole DVD based on it.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 01:40 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have a dust circle! Have only used it a couple of times over the past oh, ten yrs or so........

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 07:48 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I had a dust circle for years until recently I tried KVs workout and enjoyed using this piece of equipment. I have added all of Red Pandas links for more ring workouts to my wish lists.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 08:47 AM  
TinaT

Warning old thread revived!

Now that it's been years later for this thread, I'll ask the same question ... does anyone use a Pilates Ring now?! I got rid of mine shortly after I started this thread and kind of wished I'd kept it.

If I did get another one, what workouts do you recommend, now that there are so many more to choose from?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 10:38 AM  
cherimac

Yes! I can't recommend DVDs, though...I am a Pilates by Lisa girl.
Old 09-18-17, 10:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I picked a nice one up at the thrift store a while ago for $2 but have yet to use it, lol.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 12:03 PM  
SandyO

I got one this summer on Amazon for about $15 and have found lots of youtube content that makes use of it:

Linda of Barlates, Cassey Ho, Workout Hotel, and Ange's Pilates.

I also recently got a yoga wheel to do the Barlates series (yet to do), and the exercise loops to do the Barlates series (did and loved).

Sandy O
Old 09-18-17, 01:19 PM  
TinaT

I revived this thread because I'm looking for alternatives for resistance and strength. I'm already planning on using bands, light weights. But I thought the Ring might also be a good tool. Especially with Pilates, Barre, Callanetics.

I was so proud of myself this summer when I finally upped my poundage with my hand weights. But that has been short lived due to my joints not liking it. It's one of the reasons I'm taking a break from AWT and trying other methods. I think I might have used the Ring with one of Karen Voight workouts.

I don't want to compromise on variety, yet I want solid workouts that offer good form and well rounded routines.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-17, 02:29 PM  
cherimac

I will say, my day just found one on clearance at Aldi it was a whopping $3.50. Not a bad investment. If she uses it enough she can decide if she needs to upgrade.

Tags
pilates band, pilates circle, pilates circle challenge, pilates ring