Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-12, 09:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

10 Minute Solution Tighten & Tone Pilates with Resistance Band Lara Hudson

i found this at my walmart today, went to check for reviews here & on Amazon, and noticed it's not due for release until 10/2/12....hmmm.

the 2 "reviews" on Amazon aren't even reviews, just gushes on how much the writers love Lara.

so, i guess i'll be the guinea pig and try this out.

it was $10.47, and includes the band.

this was the only one left, and it was hiding amongst a pile of DVDs, including one copy of Tracy Anderson's Cardio Dance DVD.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 10:27 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i found this at my walmart today, went to check for reviews here & on Amazon, and noticed it's not due for release until 10/2/12....hmmm.

the 2 "reviews" on Amazon aren't even reviews, just gushes on how much the writers love Lara.

so, i guess i'll be the guinea pig and try this out.

it was $10.47, and includes the band.

this was the only one left, and it was hiding amongst a pile of DVDs, including one copy of Tracy Anderson's Cardio Dance DVD.
I usually dislike Pilates but I love Lara Hudson! Please share your thoughts!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 11:03 PM  
Elise7

I liked the looks of the clip on collage. Looking forward to your review!!
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 11:37 PM  
moonbeam31

Tracy Anderson dvd at Walmart- wow- never thought i would see the day!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 01:23 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Tracy Anderson dvd at Walmart- wow- never thought i would see the day!
i agree - i didn't buy it, though, i might've if it was one of her other titles.

and the price was something like $9.99.

could this mean walmart might start carrying Tracy's workouts?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 09-10-12, 06:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Jeannine, please let us know what you think of it. I like Lara and like the clip for this 10MinSol.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 06:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i did the first 3 segments this morning, and plan to do the last 2 tonight.

i'd have to say these are solid intermediate to low advanced. she's done another "pilates band" segment under the Prevention magazine series - i don't have that one but watched the collage clips. 10MS seems like an extended version of that 1 prevention segment.

i was sweaty after the second segment, and it is very challenging. you do a variety of standing, kneeling, bridge, plank and side plank moves. there are some "yoga" -ish postures where the band is added for more oomph.

she's identified lots of ingeneous moves using the band w/ pilates moves. a majority of the moves are standard floor and bridge work moves, but she uses the band effectively in them.

she packs a lot in 10 minutes, and getting the band in position is key - i had to rewind a bit in order to get my band and body in the same set up as Lara.

i'll give a more detailed breakdown later.

Old 09-10-12, 07:03 PM  
anne

Wow im off to walmart tomorrow o see if they have it
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 08:31 AM  
DachsieDogMom

I was just thinking the other day that 10 minute solutions hasn't had any new dvd's in a while. This one looks good.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 01:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DachsieDogMom View Post
I was just thinking the other day that 10 minute solutions hasn't had any new dvd's in a while. This one looks good.
it's dated 2012, and the set seems a little different, and i hope that this means more will be coming.

i finally did the last 2 segments, and very quickly, here's my impressions (i promise to do a more detailed breakdown later):

the 4th segment is a total body one that has standing and i think some seated moves. she employed the band in a few novel moves that were effective.

the 5th segment is a stretch segment that begins in the seated position and ends up in a standing position. the final move involves a standing roll up, but you use the band to open your arms in a wide "v" position, back stretched out.

throughout all the segments, i found that the moves make good use of the band and she designed it to really allow you to feel the intensity. at the same time, if you are weak in doing traditional moves like teaser, the band assists you but at the same time, you will work your core; therefore, the band assists more than acts as a crutch.

again, finding the right placement of your hands' grasp on the band is key to getting the most of this workout. in the last 2 segments, i didn't need to rewind as i did in the first 3. i used a longer band,and not the one provided in the case. i choked up on the band when appropriate.

Tags
lara hudson, pilates band