Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-11, 08:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
..............I can again feel like I belong on a forum called VIDEOfitness...LOL! (Hey, I do OWN a lot...and continue to BUY them...I just don't USE them much anymore!)
I hear you Kathryn! I buy lots of workouts every month, try them once and even though I like them, somehow I never go back to them. Instead, I buy more.

My finess resolutions are:

1. Consistently work out 5-6 days/week, and give myself permission to do only a 20 min workout if I'm short of time. For some reason, I'm the all-or-nothing girl...if I can't do the whole 60min workout, I skip working out althogether. I have plenty of 20-30 min workouts. DO THEM!

2. Set up weekly rotations. I know I can't follow a 30-60-90 day rotations, but I think I can do a different one each week without losing focus, right? I suspect if I had actually followed some type of rotation, I would be more consistent and show some progress.

3. My third resolution is related to overall fitness, as I think we've already established on another thread. I resolve to finally get really serious about dropping 30 lbs. I have a plan, and there will be NO excuses this year.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 09:28 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Copied from the other thread re: 2012

I haven't been able to do much this month...actually all year. But I've got my collection down to what I KNOW I'll do. And I now have the basic Venus Index package. I think this year will be Venus Index mixed in with (sorry, Brad) with Margaret, Jari and Erin with some Classic Stretch, short cardo (Stephanie's Power Fit cardios are great along with some other short routines I have and love). If I get all the way through VI I may go on to CLX.

I still want to improve my push-up strength and stamina...maybe my least liked exercise and a few other things I need to work out: being able to go down on one knee and then up without so much difficulty and being able to sit cross-legged pm the floor COMFORTABLY. Strength and flexibility!

Also, I need to get a great wall calendar to log in my workouts. Seeing that calendar should help me stay on track!

But first I have to get my workout room cleaned out (too many empty boxes, too much junk)

ETA: And it would not hurt to join any No, Slow, Wise Buying thread for '12!!!
Old 12-10-11, 10:05 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

To snatch my 35lb at least 10 times on each side. I can do about 3 now.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 10:36 AM  
Fidget Queen

At the end of this year, I started using exercise as a way to beat depression. For the last few years, depression has prevented me from moving much, so I'm excited to be moving again. I've been consistent for months. I ended up taking a couple of weeks off and it's amazing how difficult it is to get started again. I need to do SOMETHING every single day, even if it's only a 10 minute stretch, to maintain momentum. Even if I hate everything about myself that day, I can exercise to make myself feel infinitesimally better.

I'm also going to stop focusing on aesthetics. I'm going to not give a crap if my thighs get bigger (because they always do) or if my boobs get smaller (they ALWAYS do). I want to be strong and flexible. Relaxed and happy. Other people don't notice when you're one size or two bigger - or smaller, as the case may be. And if they do (and care), get rid of 'em!

I'm also going to make yoga a huge priority, as well as breathing exercises: two incredible things I can't afford to ignore. I'm also investing in ROLFing sessions in order to work on a lifetime's worth of bad posture and habits.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 01:27 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I want to stop thinking of myself as a choreo klutz as well! In 2012, I'd love to learn to do the Seasun step workouts I have. I got stuck after learning half of Z Step--so my first goal to reach is to finish that one!
Apparently when you start thinking in a different way - like leaning a new language or musical instrument - your brain sets up new circuitry. This makes it easier to learn another language or instrument - or in our case, another routine.

Actually learning a routine - then remembering it when I return to the DVD months later - is huge for me! It also makes working out more fun.

One of my mini-goals is to learn KCM's second step-boxing DVD.
Old 12-10-11, 01:30 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
And it would not hurt to join any No, Slow, Wise Buying thread for '12!!!
I will set up the challenge thread shortly before Christmas, as we'll be away over the new year. That should help with the post-Christmas sales!
Old 12-10-11, 01:51 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I just accepted a job offer - go me! - that unfortunately involves long travel times so will have much less exercise time available. That being the case, my resolutions are simply the following:

* Commit to exercise 5 days/week: Sats & Suns (longer) & 3 weekdays (min 20m) No judgements; just commit!
* Early enough bedtime to get quality sleep
* Eat smart - remember my vitamins (esp D) - drink plenty of water

Hoping for a positive, healthy & prosperous year for us all!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 03:42 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
I will set up the challenge thread shortly before Christmas, as we'll be away over the new year. That should help with the post-Christmas sales!
Thank you, Red...though you'd think I could do that myself...but I will let you do it...know you'll have some good comments to start us off with I still have to get my share the wealth listing together and posted...
Old 12-10-11, 03:49 PM  
suegy3

Mine is to be more consistent, and focus on increase in endurance and core strength. I'd also like to be able to run 3 miles next year.

ETA- also increase flexibility
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 04:16 PM  
SpiritSong

Mine is to do more of those workouts that make me say, "Boy, if I did THAT every day, I would HAVE to see results."

Tags
resolutions