Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-11, 03:23 PM  
goldenphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzFour View Post
I really love the music in Amy Bento's workouts, but my trouble is I am choreographically challenged, so I haven't kept her workouts. She does a lot more current Top 40 style songs and she has great energy!
ITA. I might be in the minority, but I like her music better than Turbo Fire, especially her HiLo Knockout. It's her choreography and space hogging that just killed it for me.
Old 06-21-11, 04:30 PM  
Fidget Queen

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Yeah, I figured nothing would be quite like Turbo Fire, but Energy Sprint wasn't the way to go the next day

I actually like Cathe's workouts quite a lot, but I don't get along with a lot of her music. I had forgotten that 4DS was quite enjoyable, though.

I will certainly look into Amy Bento - perhaps just one at a time to make sure I can eventually get the choreography. I just have to be patient enough to learn it slowly. I wrote everything you guys suggested down and will put it on my wishlist. I have the Cathes.

I am curious about the Zumba stuff, though. It's something I never considered before, so I'll have to do more research into that.

I am craving cardio lately, for some reason. I've been stuck doing just PT and then strength for so long that I just need a good sweat!
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 04:54 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post

I will certainly look into Amy Bento - perhaps just one at a time to make sure I can eventually get the choreography. I just have to be patient enough to learn it slowly. I wrote everything you guys suggested down and will put it on my wishlist. I have the Cathes.
For step, start with Advanced Step Challenge 3, and then try 2. For hi/lo start with Hi/Lo Dome Challenge.
Old 06-21-11, 09:04 PM  
fluffydogfan

I am a lover of girly, bubblegum pop. I like to pretend I'm in Flashdance when I do cardio.
That having been said, I like

1. Tracey Staehle's Steady State Step and Hi/Lo Med Ball
2. Deanne Berry's Ministry of Sound Pump It Up and Clubland Work It Out (British)
3. Pussycat Dolls Workout (not hard but you can camp it up)
4. Cardio premix of Cathe's Cardio & Weights

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 05:42 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
I love the music in the Firm Maximum Cardio. Old workout but I have always liked the music in this one.

Anita
I agree with this one, don't have the workout anymore but always liked the music. Lots
of the Firms of that era had good music IMO.

I really like some of the tunes in Cathe's Low Impact Circuit, some..not all of them. A couple of them are not so great, same with Body Max 2. The music was good in the Intensity series too, for the Body Blast series I didn't think the music was very good at all.

Christi Taylor uses good music from what I hear, I only have Mission Possible but the music is good in that one, I only don't care for the last song.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 01:05 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
I love the music in the Firm Maximum Cardio. Old workout but I have always liked the music in this one.
I third the music in this one, it always makes me smile & have fun working out! Totally different than the music from TurboFire, but great too!
Old 06-22-11, 05:48 PM  
gigi

I'm never disappointed with the tunes Amy Bento picks out for her workouts! She has some of the best music in my opinion.

Gay Gasper's All Out Infused Step has fun music and it's a fun workout.

Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step has good music as well as All Body Attack.

Imax 2 and Imax 3, I just wish I could hear the music better in Imax 3.
Old 06-23-11, 05:22 AM  
horsemom2

My collection is based on music and unique movements.
Body Gospel has been really enjoyable and I am Jewish!

Latest favorites have been as mentioned Body Gospel (played with louder music option), Planet Motion World Dance, Kukuwa's Adult and Youth dvds, and MUVE.
Older favorites Nia's Unplugged, Rob Forcelli's Speedbody, anything Richard Simmons, and Cardioke.

Also like Andrea Metcalf's Keeping Fit, just wish the music were alittle louder.
and actually like Kathy Smith's Kettlebell because of the music only option.

Barb S
who may add others I have forgotten
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 07:05 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I'd suggest Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge and Core Training.
Old 06-23-11, 08:03 AM  
Snuckles

How about the old Tae Bos the ones that only came out on VHS? I only have the Advance Live ones. There some good music in them that pumps me up.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, fun workouts, music, non-region 1 dvds