Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-11, 12:31 PM  
Fidget Queen

Cardio with Awesome Music??

So, last week, I decided I would try Turbo Fire... and... well, I couldn't really do it yet and some of my DVDs won't play However, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the music. I don't normally like that kind of music, but in the context of a workout DVD it was SO fun. There was nothing I wanted to do more than participate.

Then.... I tried to do my beloved Energy Sprint, and I wanted to cry it was so boring. It's not even about the workout itself, it's about the energy of it all.

As far as music that I like, Cathe's Intensity series is ok. Imax2 I love. Nothing else really stands out to me musically.

I know music has been brought up before, but I'm now specifically looking for rocking, energetic music like what I found in Turbo Fire. It doesn't have to be exactly the same by any means, but something that has a similar effect. I don't like jazzy music, and I am NOT a fan of classic rock at all (I actually Joni-O'd Cathe's Step, Jump & Pump because of the music). I'm open to all kinds of cardio, as I can modify down as much as I need to. It seems that my hip is pretty good with most step workouts (so far), though I certainly have to be careful and modify. I'm not afraid of complex choreography, though I'm not great at it, either .

P.S.... I want to be able to hear the music, loudly and clearly!!
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 12:34 PM  
bubbles76

Amy's ASC 2 comes to mind. I also liked Cathe's IMAX3 and her 4DS for the music. Amy's Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout has great music!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 12:46 PM  
counterclockwise

Here's my favorites for music (and I love TF music, too):

Cathe's 4 Day Split (not as clubby but I love it)
Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge and KCM's kickboxing
(both a little more rockish but awesome)
Amy's Hi Lo Knockout and ASC2
All the cardio workouts from Firm BSS3 series
Amy's ASC4
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 12:53 PM  
cpcathy

I am liking the music in Zumba Exhileration, it's got that quality that Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire have, you think you might want to quit, and the next song keeps you going.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 01:08 PM  
deltoro

Not sure if this is your style or not but TA beginner dance cardio is by far my favorite music in a workout dvd.
deltoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 01:33 PM  
anetta

I love the music in the Firm Maximum Cardio. Old workout but I have always liked the music in this one.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 01:34 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Maybe you'd like some of the music in Turbo Jam or Turbo Kick?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 02:13 PM  
bearcatfan

There is nothing quite like Turbo Fire - believe me, I spent a lot of money trying to avoid buying Turbo Fire . Part of my problem now is that nothing measures up to it!

But I also like Advanced Step Challenge 2 and 3 (and really most Amy Bento workouts have good music).

You said you didn't like classic rock stuff, or else I would have suggested a few Cathes like Step Blast.
Old 06-21-11, 03:04 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

If you like '80s music, Cathe's Body Max 2 has 2 or 3 songs that fit the bill. But true, nothing compares to Turbo Fire. I did Turbo 60 today and was amazed at what hearing a remix of "Bad Girls" did for my energy level!

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-11, 03:15 PM  
FitzFour

I really love the music in Amy Bento's workouts, but my trouble is I am choreographically challenged, so I haven't kept her workouts. She does a lot more current Top 40 style songs and she has great energy!
FitzFour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, fun workouts, music, non-region 1 dvds