Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-10, 08:27 AM  
F1mom

Prenatal Checkin?

Any interest in restarting it? The last time it was up was in 2009, a few people left, then it dwindled.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 09:46 AM  
zyllah

I would although I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I should be doing right now. I didn't exercise at all with my last pregnancy and it was a rough pregnancy so I'm hoping some light cardio (leslie most likely) and barre will help things go much more smoothly.
zyllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 12:49 PM  
F1mom

There's a ton of stuff out there. I've tried as many prenatal and pregnancy workouts as I can stand just to write reviews for them.

My top picks are The Perfect Pregnancy Workout (hard), Tracey Mallett's Fit For Pregnancy (medium) and Denise Austin's Fit & Firm Pregnancy (light to medium). I also like 10 MS Prenatal Pilates a lot.

I just got the new Yoga Booty Ballet Baby On The Way DVD, so hopefully there will be another review for it. I'm not liking most prenatal yoga this pregnancy for whatever reason because it's just too easy.

Modifying easier stuff like Kathy Smith and YBB has worked for me. It gives me a break from the other prenatal stuff. I'm also doing just about any barre-related arm and standing leg workout, though the leg workouts are getting more sporadic since my balance is off.

I'll go ahead and restart it, and hopefully others will chime in.
Old 08-04-10, 09:56 PM  
zyllah

I'll probably pick up the ones you mentioned soonish. We just found out so I'm at most 4-6 weeks into it. I did so much ballet when I was a kid sometimes its really hard for me to do yoga and not turn my feet out.
Old 08-05-10, 06:36 AM  
jazzy75

HI F1mom - it's Jacinta from your 2009 check in. Your pic is adorable. Are you expecting again??!!!!
Old 08-05-10, 06:55 AM  
F1mom

Hi, Jacinta! Yes, we're expecting a girl in November/December. I'm 22 or 23 weeks along (can't remember). LOL!
Old 08-05-10, 08:43 AM  
woodie

Maybe I should join. I am 22 weeks along and not motivated to workout - my toddler keeps me jumping! I have 10 minutes solutions prenatal pilates and I find it to be easy - nice, but easy. I also have Prenatal Workout with Summer Sanders and it is good but longish. In the beginning I was modifying Turbo Kick, but there is no way I can do that now - my belly has been huge for weeks now. :-) I may try some of your suggestions. Congratulations to all of you ladies on your little ones!!

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 08:58 AM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

I might enjoy a prenatal checkin. I've never done a checkin before, so we'll see how well I do with actually checking in!

F1mom - thanks so much for your review of Tracey Mallett's Fit for Pregnancy the other day. I just got it from Amazon yesterday and tried it this morning, and it's just perfect for how I'm feeling right now! Definitely in between Denise Austin and the Perfect Pregnancy Workout (which I'm afraid is just too much for me right now given my tailbone/pubic bone problems).

Woodie - I know exactly what you mean about having a hard time actually exercising given being pregnant plus having a toddler! I've actually just gotten back into doing regular exercise these past couple of weeks after taking the first trimester pretty much off. I think it really does improve my mood, so I'm commited to sticking with it for now.

Zyllah - I'd recommend doing as much core work as you can during the first and early second trimesters to really get your abs - and especially transverse abs - in terrific shape. That was one of my lessons learned from my first pregnancy, and this time I did a lot of Denise Beatty's Fitness Fix Intermediate core workout and Kari Anderson's Curl in the 1st trimester (though I didn't end up exercising as often as I hoped because of the nausea and fatigue... Ah, what a magical time in a woman's life! )
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 09:03 AM  
F1mom

Woodie, congrats on your pregnancy. I know how you feel with chasing a toddler. I have to do my workouts during naptime because #1 has been walking for 12 weeks and likes to crawl and walk under me if I'm doing yoga or any floorwork with my knees bent.

Or worse, he changes the channel back to Sprout.

Kathy, hang in there! I've developed a touch of it, this time on my right side. If I've been sitting for awhile, getting up and moving is hard, so I try to keep moving.
Old 08-07-10, 12:04 PM  
zyllah

Kathy: I think you're right. I'm fighting the nausea right now....really weird since last time I never felt this bad. Its awful the only thing that helps is eating which then means I can't work out!