Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-10, 12:20 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Pure Barre downloads

I apologize if this info has been posted previously. I searched but didn't come up with anything.

Pure Barre is offering downloads of specific exercise segments for $1 each. Disclaimer - I don't know long these are, or how good - just thought I'd post them for any who are interested: http://www.purebarre.com/shop/index....41531f3657f02c
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 02:37 AM  
in paris

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, thank you, Gina!
I actually wrote them a long email when I bought the LL audio and said how much I loved the fact that they were making them available for download and how I'd hoped we would see more of things available for sale that way...

I never heard back (I sent it to the "shop" rather than direct) and now this!!!

Being over in Europe, downloads are seriously a godsend to me... I ordered 2 videos (one for while I was recuperating from an ankle injury, one for when I got stronger) over a month ago and still haven't seen it I know it went out, but lord knows when I'll get it!

And right before I left Paris, I had ordered another and it was ripped into and stolen and I only got the packaging, note, and additional CD that came with it.

Sigh.

I've really been enjoying what Leah has been doing with BalletBody and these will be great additions. I like making up my own workouts, especially with this darn ankle that is seemingly taking forever to heal (though the camera that went down with is taking even longer)...

Off to look!

ETA: Okay, so I looked and *almost* ordered... They are, unfortunately, audio only...

I like Carrie, mind you, and she's excellent a cuing. I often don't look much at the screen when I'm doing barre work, instead concentrating on my own form. However, I do like to be able to look if I'm confused about a move for the first time.

In other words, as with the Lowry Loft audio-only downloads, these are great take-anywhere workouts (and probably even better because you can phrase it the way you want and condense or expand the time)... but but but I think you really need to have the videos as well. Or, at least an Instruction sheet to go with it.

I wish I was more disciplined right now, but when you're working with an injury it makes it harder to concentrate... sigh... Maybe I'll order these later...
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 08:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh gee, in paris, I honestly didn't know they were audio only! Just had a quick look at the page late at night and thought: okay maybe they're just a few minutes long and that's why they're so cheap?

I'm glad the downloads are working so well for you in general!! (I'm NOT a download-type person but almost signed up for Leah's ballet stuff... then the price went up and I took it a sign, lol. Maybe someday...)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote