Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-10, 09:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

1st quarter of the year gone....how are your New Year's resolutions?

Tomorrow is a start of 2nd quarter of 2010. How is everyone doing with their New Year's resolutions?

I planned on losing 25 lbs, and haven't lost any weight so far. I'm in a major slump and have not been able to motivate myself to stick to my diet, nor to exercise consistently.

I planned to be more positive in my outlook this year, and I did not quite succeed there either. Lots of new stressors in my life, and I just let them get the best of me.

I had a huge certification exam to prepare for and take on March 8, and that's one goal I achieved successfully! I am really happy about it as it opened lots of new opportunities for me!

Now, for the 2nd quarter of 2010....I will work on my attitude, and will have to re-evaluate my diet and exercise program.

How is everyone else doing?
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 10:01 AM  
fagiles

Well, my resolution was to be more consistent with my workouts and to be more conscious of what I was eating. I have lost about 14 lbs. since mid Feb. but I still need to be more focused on writing in my food journal and sticking with my daily workout goals of which I am not so good at doing sometimes. I could have done much better with the weight loss. I can't tell just looking at myself but can tell my clothes are fitting looser.

ETA: I will go for a fitness assessment by end of April and get a total of inches lost

felecia
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 10:04 AM  
PeakFitness

Mine was to exercise more consistently. It's going great. I wish it would have lead to some weight loss but I've at least maintained so I'm pretty happy about it.

I didn't bother to try and adjust my attitude b/c that is just not going to happen. But I did resolve to socialize with friends more. (Last year was not so good because I got divorced, so my resolution was basically to put last year behind me and move forward, I guess.) That's going great, too.
Old 03-31-10, 10:48 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I'm doing WAY better than I thought I would.

I didn't really have a resolution, it's just that right at the end of Dec, I started feeling like I REALLY needed to get back into working out. I've been trying for 2 or 3 years and just can't seem to keep anything going for more than about a week, and I was at a loss to understand why.

For some reason, it just clicked at the start of the year. I found Zumba videos on Youtube and thought "Well at LEAST I can do THREE MINUTES of exercize at a time..." Then I started pulling out my 10-min solutions.

In the first week of Jan, I started trying to workout in the mornings, at least a few of them when I had to get up early to put the kids on the bus.

Somehow, magically, within about two weeks I was getting up every weekday morning and doing a real workout, 20 minutes minimun and often more. I started coming back to the forum more to get motivation.

With VERY FEW exceptions, I have been working out consistantly since then, and I'm really kind of amazed that I've stuck with it and that IT WASN"T HARD. I've been having so much fun, it just isn't something I have to work at yet. I really don't know WHY I'm suddenly able to do this, when it was so hard before.....but I'll take it!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 11:10 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I hadn't really thought about it until you asked. I'm doing pretty well. I've exercised so much more than last year (see my signature line) and haven't let small things get in the way of exercise like I did last year. I have only lost about 4-5 lbs, but I didn't really put my heart in using the food diary until a month ago. I said I would learn how to hoopdance and I am taking classes (I stink!). I also swore I would do some daily kundalini and/or foam roller work to prevent stress and aches, but that I have not done.

There are still some non-fitness resolutions that I need to work on. Those have not gotten any attention, I'm sorry to say.
Old 03-31-10, 11:25 AM  
gigi

I didn't make New Year's resolutions but I've made a now resolution to conquer emotional eating and I can just tell, it's really going to happen. I'm determined and I'm excited to see the physical changes that will take place in the coming weeks and months

My workouts have never been an issue so I'm holding strong in that area.
Old 03-31-10, 12:26 PM  
Darisa

Usia ~ Congratulations on your certification.

Gigi Emotional eating is my downfall too. Congratulations on your hard work.

1. I wanted to lose the weight I gained in 2009 and so far I've lost 21.4 lbs. I want to lose 13 more to be at my honeymoon weight.

2. I also wanted to conquer Amy's Hi Lo Challenge and I have! Since learning it I've aquired 5 more of her cardios through trades and I'm completely in LOVE with her!

3. Learn Cristi Taylor's choreo. So hard. I'll save it for later in the year.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 12:36 PM  
RedPanda

I wrote my 2010 fitness goals at the top of my daily exercise log, so I'm reminded of them every time I update the log.

One of my goals was to increase my lower body and hip flexibility and that's coming along well.

My other goals are:

* completing some of my tougher workouts like Core Foundations, which I have only done in bits and pieces, Ultimate Tae Bo, and Tae Bo Get Ripped Advanced - haven't started on those yet
* increase my deadlift from 70kg to 75kg 3 x 3 - I've improved my grip strength, but I'm not ready to increase the weight just yet
* learn the choreography for at least one Amy Bento DVD - I'll start working on that after my current rotation
* improve the power of my jabs and left hooks - I've been adding a couple of rounds of each at the end of my heavy bag workouts and that's improving. I'm also working to improve the strength in my left arm at the gym.
* improve my unilateral leg strength - I only set that goal recently when I ordered V-Core. I want to be able to do one-legged deadlifts and improve my yoga balance poses.

So I'm making slow progress. Sometimes I talk myself out of things because I think I can't do them, then surprise myself with what I can do. Maybe tackling more challenges can be another goal.
Old 03-31-10, 12:38 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Say, where has the year gone????????????

Usia, yes, Congratulations on the certification!!! Now that's a great accomplishment

Angela, I need to work on the emotional eating, too...you're not alone

Well, I've kept up my workouts, not as much as in years past, but then I've been more involved in my church and doing things with DH and that's all good, too

Doing some re-evaluating my activity level since going through "women need one hour of activity each day" threads and trying to be more active, esp. when I can't get in a formal workout. And since being diagnosed with a torn delt muscle, now it's really important for me to keep moving around (can't lift weights with that arm til okayed...).

Haven't lost an ounce...well somedays I am down, other days I'm up...not my mood, my weight. My mood has been pretty good
Old 03-31-10, 12:52 PM  
TinaT

Usia ~
Quote:
I planned on losing 25 lbs, and haven't lost any weight so far. I'm in a major slump and have not been able to motivate myself to stick to my diet, nor to exercise consistently.
I'm right there with ya girl! I don't think I've ever felt this bad about myself... truly. Where I thought I would be at this time in the year, I'm not even close. I know that stress is the trigger, due to life changing choices my family has made. We are moving this summer. We are leaving our home town and where are girls have grown up. It's very emotional for all of us, yet excited to see what this new area has to offer us. My eating is out of control b/c my emotionals are out of control.

I would love to have better results by the end of June.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new year, resolutions