Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-10, 07:15 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Who will be kicked off the island first?
That's too funny!

I plan to sell some of my workout DVDs at work. Last week, I saw 2 postings that were looking for P90X. Will I have traders remorse if I sell my set? I only like S&A, L&B and CS&T (minus the chest).
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 07:39 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Oooh, she's thrown down the gauntlet and made it a competition! I like it!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 07:46 AM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
I am so in!!!!!! I was flirting with CLX, but I have P90X which I have yet to complete so the answer is no.

Anyway I just counted my DVD's and I have 109, (I never would of guessed that I had that many) with about 67 just previewed, so again the answer is no, maybe.

Cheryl

If you have done P90X, I say skip CLX. IMO, it's easier, even with heavier weights, and you won't feel worked out like you do with P90X (even P90X halfsies!). I made the plunge with Chalene, and I made it through the first two phases, and I really tried to like it, I tried for two months before I just accepted the fact that it wasn't enough of a workout!! Again, just my opinion, but CLX is more of a beginner program, or a program if I'm feeling unmotivated and just want to say I did something, but compared to P90X... it's too easy.
Unfortunately I got it on ebay so no-resale or trade for me (don't know if it's a bootleg, and don't want to be chastised if it is), but I suppose if I ever stop working out and want to get back into it, that's what I'll reach for.
So, for my first act in the new group, I will tell you, NO CLX. It's not worth it at all!!!!!!!
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 07:53 AM  
cam522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
If you have done P90X, I say skip CLX. IMO, it's easier, even with heavier weights, and you won't feel worked out like you do with P90X (even P90X halfsies!). I made the plunge with Chalene, and I made it through the first two phases, and I really tried to like it, I tried for two months before I just accepted the fact that it wasn't enough of a workout!! Again, just my opinion, but CLX is more of a beginner program, or a program if I'm feeling unmotivated and just want to say I did something, but compared to P90X... it's too easy.
Unfortunately I got it on ebay so no-resale or trade for me (don't know if it's a bootleg, and don't want to be chastised if it is), but I suppose if I ever stop working out and want to get back into it, that's what I'll reach for.
So, for my first act in the new group, I will tell you, NO CLX. It's not worth it at all!!!!!!!

Thank you for your opinion, I will pass on it. I've learned to trust the opinions of VF'ers and not just what I want at the time because I am an impulsive person.

I WILL start P90X tomorrow and I WILL complete it.

Cheryl

Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 10:51 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Oooh, she's thrown down the gauntlet and made it a competition! I like it!
It'll be like that Seinfeld episode - mastering your dvd domain.

And someone will post "I'm out!"

Old 03-22-10, 11:11 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Wink

Quote:
You're on, girlfriend
Old 03-22-10, 12:15 PM  
sundari

Quote:

Rose you are very very bad
Old 03-22-10, 01:40 PM  
sherry7899

Hi,

Is someone starting an actual check in?

I'm not sure of my goals right now. I definitely want to reduce my collection. I'm sick of feeling guilty from looking at dvds I never seem to want to use.

I did a big purge this past weekend. I've already gotten rid of ten dvds on swap a dvd.com, and have two more to mail out when I get responses from the requestors. I've sold two dvds on Amazon this weekend (and have more listed) and am donating a box to another vf'er for a women's shelter, and some vhs to my library for their book sale.

Is anyone else interested in a combination of "buy less," "use what you already own", "get rid of" kind of check in

Whenever I do "no buying" it kind of backfires. I'd rather limit buying, but I figure out what the limit will be.

Thanks!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 01:42 PM  
LAC

Quote:

You are too funny! I remember that episode - wasn't Kraemer out in like 5 minutes?!
Old 03-22-10, 01:47 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Is anyone else interested in a combination of "buy less," "use what you already own", "get rid of" kind of check in

Whenever I do "no buying" it kind of backfires. I'd rather limit buying, but I figure out what the limit will be.

Thanks!
Sherry
There used to be a de-cluttering check in, but I don't think it is active anymore. I think you can still join us if you want - seems like everyone is free to set their own goals here

Tags
dark side, enabling, fell off the wagon, mind control, resolutions, spending, vidiocy, vidiot's anonymous code, you know you want it