Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-10, 01:53 PM  
kali1

Lightbulb The Official 'Vidiot Anonymous Check-in' Support Group!!

And so it begins.....

This is the official VF 'Vidiot Anonymous Check-in' Support Group!!! I am officially restricting my spending as of now. Why am I doing this? I've bought too much since November of '09 till March of '10. I have 60 virgin workouts that are NOT even unwrapped!!!

How long will my self imposed restriction go on? Well....unless I sell, trade or give away a DVD, I am not going to spend anymore money on DVDs.

So who wants to join me? Anyone...anyone? Come on....lets form our own support group! If you feel you might be caving on a DVD...come here and talk about it first...perhaps we can help each other curb our spending!

Last edited by kali1; 03-21-10 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Changed name of thread
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 02:25 PM  
sunday

Hi Kali, I'll join you!

I, too, have lots of workouts, and with the focus I'm planning on now, really do not need any more. It makes me sick sometimes to think of how many workouts I still have in plastic or performed only one time, and how many I've gotten and been disappointed in.

There are really only a small number that I enjoy doing over and over, and I think there's something to sticking with a few for a while to see results.

Thanks for the thread!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 02:38 PM  
DejaDeb

I'll join! When I looked at how many workouts I purchased last year, I felt terrible! I planned to restrict my shopping in 2009, but so many workouts that I had to have hit the streets and I felt like a junkie looking for a fix. So the first quarter of the year is shot, but I suppose every day is an opportunity to start fresh!
Old 03-21-10, 02:43 PM  
ldy_solana

i am so there. i just started one with a my yahoo group but i can totally use more support during those tough times. i have 53 virgins and 63 only done one time workouts! plus i have some coming from a bud(before the challenge started we worked out some swaps) so i have a lot to get too.

my goal is to not buy anything until april.at the end of april if i managed to try most of my virgins then i could start trading. my ultimate is to not buy until my b-day at the end of june and not to buy anything after that unless i have really saved up and given it a certain amount of time. impulse buying is my game. if it looks good or cheap enough i buy it but i always get let down.

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 02:55 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
And so it begins.....

This is the official VF 'No More Buying' Support Group!!! I am officially restricting my spending as of now. Why am I doing this? I've bought too much since November of '09 till March of '10. I have 60 virgin workouts that are NOT even unwrapped!!!

How long will my self imposed restriction go on? Well....unless I sell, trade or give away a DVD, I am not going to spend anymore money on DVDs.

So who wants to join me? Anyone...anyone? Come on....lets form our own support group! If you feel you might be caving on a DVD...come here and talk about it first...perhaps we can help each other curb our spending!
With 2 college tuition to pay for my kids I'm so with you. I use what I have and that is plenty. Now I'm doing P90X, so I'm good for 3 months.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 03:07 PM  
kali1

Welcome everyone!!

I hadn't bought a new workout in like 2 years (I think) up until November 09. I was really pleased with the DVD's I had. Then all of the sudden, it seemed all these new DVD's were coming out that I had to have! Now, I'm happy with the ones I bought...well, so far anyway.

So I'm going to start coming up with a rotation that will incorporate my new workouts. So now comes that daunting task!

The other thing I was thinking of was having a "New Video Change Jar." If I throw all my excess change in this jar, I can always use that money to buy a new workout. But of course I want to keep my 140+ collection under control so no more buying unless I sell, trade or give away a DVD.

Hummm.....maybe, for my first task, I should take an ACTUAL tally of my collection. God, I'm scared now!!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 03:19 PM  
ladybug79

I'll join you. I have a lot of virgins too. I am putting mysel fon restriction until 1.) I have used everything I have 2.) after which I have pard down my collection to only hold what I know I will use 3.) I get into kick butt shape.

Numnber 3 is a requirement because I keep spending all this $$ on workouts and I am anywhere near where I need to be. I buy just to buy and do not use enough to justify the purchases.
Old 03-21-10, 03:23 PM  
TracyQ

I'll join you. I bought my last DVD on December 29th 2009. I gave up buying any news ones for a year for my New Years Resolution. So far so good. I'm really enjoying using the workouts I already own rather than buying the next latest and greatest. I'm determined to make it a whole year without buying.

Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 03:50 PM  
Buzzer

I'm in, but reluctantly. I bought so much between about August of '09 and the end of February, that I decided to stop my buying. I'm currently in the second month of P90X (which I absolutely LOVE!) and have STS to do next, and I got the shock cardios (they let me use 2 coupons plus free shipping on it... don't entice a junkie...) so I have been doing those on the cardio days of P90X.
I HAVE TO STOP. I haven't added up what I've spent, but I keep thinking "crap, if I would have put that money towards retirement instead of DVD deals..."
It's time for me to join a support group. I've debated deleting the ebay app off my iphone, but it's like cutting off my fix, because I love to watch what things are going for. I have a huge watch list, and when the auction is done and I see something went way cheap, I have an adrenaline rush and wish I would have bid...
It's bad.
I need this group. Help me
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 04:32 PM  
juberann

I cannot tell a lie I would LOVE to join but not sure if I can keep the commitment required I have simplified my program and am now doing almost all Leslie for cardio but,truthfully, if she comes out with another workout, yep, I'll buy it,I know I will
I have cut down,I can say that much, but not buy anymore for a specified period of time? Yikes, the thought of that scares me but I totally respect and support those of you strong enough to do this

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark side, enabling, fell off the wagon, mind control, resolutions, spending, vidiocy, vidiot's anonymous code, you know you want it