Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-09, 08:08 AM  
Tugger31

I'll be celebrating my 39th Bday soon so my goal this year is to FINALLY lose weight and get back into the shape I know I can be by the time of my 40th Bday. I'm starting a Fit By Forty Journal. To help achieve that goal I'm focusing more on a clean diet and not beating myself when I "mess up". For my workouts at least for the next month I plan on as one poster said "getting back to basics". I havent worked out consistently since September so I'm going to ease into it with KCM's 30 Min To Fitness and a modified C25K program on the treadmill. My focus will then be on Cathe's Meso 2 and in general more lower body and abs focus as I've always focused more on upper body b/c of knee problems and my arms were really the only thing I ever bared in the summer. I too plan to defocus on rotation specifics b/c life gets in the way all too often and sticking to a specific plan never seems to work out anyways. I will also refrain from weighing myself too often as the scale is my enemy.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 08:12 AM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug79 View Post
1. To do what I like instead of what I feel I "should" do. 2. Consistency. 3. To purge my collection of the things I never should have bought in the first place.
I hope I can do all three. I'll try.
bethellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 08:28 AM  
naturallove

I'm finished with my bare minimum pilates practice and observation hours and am finally officially an apprentice (I'm in training to become an instructor). I definitely was going pretty hard with the pilates, and was getting burned out. So I am looking forward to shaking up my routine quite a bit. I will be taking a TRX bootcamp twice a week, starting in early January, for 6 weeks. If I like it, which I think I will, I'll continue for another 6 weeks. I am also planning to rotate in Lalofit 2 twice per week for at least the entire month of January, just so I can be consistent and gauge any changes in strength and body composition from this workout (and the TRX). My schedule for January will look something like this (not counting my teaching at the gym):

Sunday-Rest or restorative yoga
Monday-AM:Short kettlebell workout+Lalofit 2 (sans abs)
PM: Pilates Reformer class and/or mat
Tuesday-CLX Burn It Off+Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt (sans abs)
Wednesday-AM: TRX Bootcamp + Pilates Reformer class
PM: Teach Salsa Class, Take Brazilian Dance
Thursday: AM: Lalofit 2
Friday: Trudie Styler's Cardio Dance+Foam Roller Stretch
Saturday: TRX Bootcamp

*I will be doing some stretching and mobility work (incorporating the Tension Tune Down Balls) each day

I start rehearsals in late January for a student group for our local Carnaval celebration (held in early April), so I suspect my February schedule will be a bit heavier on the barre work and cardio to get my body conditioned for that endeavor. Still, I like the idea of planning out my workouts so that I don't dither over what I'm going to do for that day. I figure, I can always change it up if my body is calling for something else or I get bored.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 10:44 AM  
OrangeSofa

Consistency is the big goal for me.

I'm starting with 30 Day Shred (I planned to start in January, but decided to get a head start, and I just finished my workout for Day 4). Beyond that, I want to experiment more with barre. I've been doing TBM Change Your Body and liking it, and I might feel tempted to try some others. And I really want to get some yoga back into my life again. And re-visit my classic Firms. I'm not usually a rotation person, but I'm keeping a workout calendar for the year, and my plan is to make it through the year without falling off the exercise wagon.

"The cha-cha is no more ridiculous than life itself."-Whit Stillman
OrangeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 02:35 PM  
CharM

Starting Monday, I plan to get the virgins out of the way. Listed in no particular order

Amy Bento Kickbox Surge & Core Training
Tracey Staehle Strike Zone
Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training - I did upper and abs, does it still count as a virgin?
Core Fusion Body Sculpt
Action Hero Babe Sculpt phase 1
Squeeze Lower Body Challenge
Extremely Ripped
Extremely Ripped 1000 - I've done the cardio section once.
Lalofit
CrossPit - not sure about that, I don't have a heavy bag and even if someone can give me substitutes for those exercises, I may think of another excuse. It looks tougher than Insanity.
Cathe's HiiT is on the way.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 03:09 PM  
ADoll

I'm trying out the BBL rotation right now. Hopefully, I can hold onto the rotation because I get bored easily and quit.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 03:26 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I usually start a new "focus" (I don't often use the word rotation... I'm not that strict with it) every 6-8 weeks. For instance, this summer (Jun-Aug) was endurance strength and moderate cardio. April/May had been Tracey Mallett's Sexy in Six rotation (only I did it for 8 weeks). So my new focus for January isn't really specific to the new year.

However, I am doing Brazil Butt Lift and probably using my Cathe Shock Cardios a lot (HiiT and the step workouts), with of course the occasional Leslie day. I don't know when BBL will get here, but I hope to start it on Monday the 4th.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 03:33 PM  
mommy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
For January: Shock Cardio / Get Ripped

M - Circuit Blast
T - Kickboxing (MMA's or any instructor)
W - Extremely Ripped 1000
Th - Cardio Core Circuit
F - Ripped & Chiseled
S - abs & stretch (freestyle or any instructor)
S - rest

For February: Michael Olajide / Tae Bo (helped me lose the last 8lbs last yr. and did wonders for my core!)

M - Aero Jump & Sculpt
T - TB
W - Aerobox
Th - TB
F - Savage
S - TB
S - rest

For March: Patrick Goudeau

M - Hard Work Conditioning 1
T - Play Ball
W - Body Design or Dumb Training
Th - Play Ball in 4
F - HWC2 or HWC 24/7
S - rest
S - rest

For April: Jillian's 30-day Slim Down

*Disclaimer: these are my tentative plans which I reserve the right to change at any time.
These rotations look fantastic! Good for you!
mommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 04:01 PM  
cam522

My fitness goals for 2010:

1) Lose 30 lbs with clean eating by cutting out processed foods and refined sugar. The only processed meat I eat is lunch meat, turkey or chicken and it's Boar's Head, so it's as healthy as it can be.

2) Running a half marathon at the end of September with my girlfriend. Right now I think I have plantar faciitis so I have to get over that first before I can start training. I'm going to a sports medicine doctor on Monday to find out for sure then I'll take it from there.

3) Consistency with workouts. I really need to be accountable to myself so I'm going to write everything I do down on a calendar. Last but not least complete a round of P90X I have yet to finish a complete round, I generally quit after round 1.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 04:03 PM  
kathylcsw

My plan for January is to use Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner for my strength workout 2-3x per week. I will do cardio 5-6x per week with 1 day of pilates. I have never really gotten into pilates before but my goal is to commit to trying it for the first 3 months of the year once a week.

In February I will use Firm workouts for strength and some cardio. If I manage to pick up one of the Firm's pilates workouts for a good price I can use that too.

For March I will use my Michelle Dozois videos. I have all the YBB series except Ultimate Body plus I have other things of hers.

That is as far as I have looked ahead for the year. I will need to work in my Shapes, and Selfs, and Women's Health too. Too many videos, too few workout days!
kathylcsw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new year, resolutions