Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-22, 08:28 PM  
wendug

Angela- Good for you for standing up for yourself! You know you don't want the stress of an extra class for the good of yourself and your students. No shame in saying that. Others might be happy to get the extra stipend, but that is them not you. There is no use in worrying what others might think as you did what is right for YOU! And that anxiety relief massage sounds awesome.

Erica- I've dealt with anxiety for many years. At first I would try to fight it and almost get myself in a panic mode. I've learned to deal with it by recognizing it. If I feel an anxiety attack coming on I acknowledge the anxiety and tell myself yes, I feel you anxiety, and you will pass. I just try to breathe through it and it goes away. TBH, I experience very little anxiety these days. I guess I've had a lot of practice dealing with it. I did notice that my anxiety would spike right before TTOM, so when anxiety hits around then I know it is just my hormones. That is partly why I'm so worried about menopause...will it give me crazy anxiety? I'm sorry you are dealing with anxiety. It sucks, but just remember the feeling will pass! Hugs to you!
Old 10-31-22, 07:34 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela - no need to feel embarrassed about the anxiety! You've been through so much this year with your mom and are so busy with school and everything else. It's a lot on your mind and body. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself and got good results! What a relief for you and you are setting a good example to the other teachers- maybe they will follow your lead. If you don't mind, can you either post here or PM what your doctor says about the anxiety? I've struggled with debilitating anxiety this year since my concussion. I've always had it but never this bad.

Erica
I'm going to pm you. I'll pm you too Wendy since we are the only 3 on this thread. I feel I already post a bit too much for all to see.
Old 10-31-22, 05:48 PM  
gigi

I don't even know how but I did Fuel Day 6. It was a KILLER. I used 30's for first round, 25's for 2nd round, and 20's for 3rd round. The body weight exercises were harder than the exercises using DB's. I followed that up with a 20 Minute Relaxing Yoga Stretch for Flexibility and Sore Muscles.. It was really lovely.
Old 11-01-22, 01:13 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Epic 3 Day 1 legs. Great workout. But now I want to do Fuel Day 6 because of Angela.

Angela - Hope your appointment went well. No rush at all but looking forward to your pm. I wish this forum wasn't public. I definitely share way more than I should here.

Wendy - so happy for you that anxiety isn't an issue for you anymore. What a relief that must be for you.

Hope you both had a good Halloween!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 05:10 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Today was Epic 3 Day 1 legs. Great workout. But now I want to do Fuel Day 6 because of Angela.

Angela - Hope your appointment went well. No rush at all but looking forward to your pm. I wish this forum wasn't public. I definitely share way more than I should here.

Wendy - so happy for you that anxiety isn't an issue for you anymore. What a relief that must be for you.

Hope you both had a good Halloween!

Erica
I pm'd you both yesterday! I'll check and see if it sent. Today was Fuel Day 7...hoo boy! I despise body weight exercises but I'm modifying and it's still killing me. Edited to say, I just re-did my message and it looks like it actually sent. I don't think it will be much help to you though. ):
Old 11-01-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Hi Erica & Angela! No workout yesterday with Halloween. Lots of kids came through the neighborhood from 3 until 8 and I handed out 9 out of my 10 bags of candy. We probably had 150 kids come through. Earlier in the day it was 1 or 2 young kids with parents and then later big groups of older kids came through. It was fun to see all of their costumes!

I do still have anxiety, but not nearly like I did previously. I have just learned to manage it better. I guess I don't mind talking about it on here because almost all of us have experienced it at one point or another. If what I've learned can help someone else that's great! I hope both of you are able to find some relief because anxiety is NO FUN!!!

Today's workout- Sydney Cummings Houdyshell- Arise II- Day 2- 45 Minute Glutes & Legs Burnout. I contemplated that CG Fuel workout Angela did, but decided on this as it had a circuit of floorwork and I was in the mood for some hydrants and clamshells. It has been a LONG time since I've done a Sydney workout and I really enjoyed this one. It looks like she's starting a heavy lifting rotation called MOVE that might be worth checking out. She's only released one workout, so it is too early to tell.

Also, today I discovered that Jari Love has removed all the workouts on YT that various instructors from her gym filmed in the last couple of years. I did a few of them and although the quality wasn't great, I enjoyed them. She pulled them after starting her Live on Demand membership, which is $27.99 a month! So, I guess I'll stick to my Jari DVD's.
Old 11-01-22, 06:00 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I saw that about Jari removing all of those workouts from YT too. Very disappointing - there was a lot of great content there. The Sydney workout you did was the only one I've done since she had her baby and I really liked it. I plan on doing the push workout soon that she just posted because it looks good.

I'm always torn about how much to share in public. I like the idea of helping others and also letting them know they aren't alone but I also want to have privacy from people who know me IRL. It was more of an issue when my mother was alive - she was a narcissist and was a big threat to me and I worried about stalking. Now that she's gone I really don't feel like I have much to hide. My anxiety has always been an issue but it's been unmanageable since my concussion. I just get overwhelmed so incredibly easily and it drains the limited cognitive function I have.

Today I did Epic 1 day 36 back/biceps. Great workout.

Erica

Erica
Old 11-01-22, 07:14 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Wendy, I saw that about Jari removing all of those workouts from YT too. Very disappointing - there was a lot of great content there. The Sydney workout you did was the only one I've done since she had her baby and I really liked it. I plan on doing the push workout soon that she just posted because it looks good.

I'm always torn about how much to share in public. I like the idea of helping others and also letting them know they aren't alone but I also want to have privacy from people who know me IRL. It was more of an issue when my mother was alive - she was a narcissist and was a big threat to me and I worried about stalking. Now that she's gone I really don't feel like I have much to hide. My anxiety has always been an issue but it's been unmanageable since my concussion. I just get overwhelmed so incredibly easily and it drains the limited cognitive function I have.

Today I did Epic 1 day 36 back/biceps. Great workout.

Erica

Erica
Erica- So sorry to hear about your mom being a narcissist and worried about stalking. There is a reddit thread devoted to narcissistic parents and some of the stories on there blow my mind! Anyway, I guess I should verify that I am worried about privacy online. I don't do Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Twitter or any social media really. This is one of the few places I post, and I don't think many people even know the existence of this site. My DH has drilled into me the importance of security online (since he works with computer networks), and although VF isn't very secure, how many people want to scroll through my comments about fitness? I bet most would find it quite boring if they have no interest in fitness!
Old 11-01-22, 07:54 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- So sorry to hear about your mom being a narcissist and worried about stalking. There is a reddit thread devoted to narcissistic parents and some of the stories on there blow my mind! Anyway, I guess I should verify that I am worried about privacy online. I don't do Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Twitter or any social media really. This is one of the few places I post, and I don't think many people even know the existence of this site. My DH has drilled into me the importance of security online (since he works with computer networks), and although VF isn't very secure, how many people want to scroll through my comments about fitness? I bet most would find it quite boring if they have no interest in fitness!
Wendy, my mother was truly evil and I was actually frightened of her. Even when I found out she died (we were estranged) I still worried that she arranged something to hurt me or my family after her death - she would definitely do something like that. I am on FB and Twitter but only use Twitter for news. With FB, I don't post much (also use that a lot for news) and have my privacy settings high. My oldest son is in cybersecurity and my DH and another son are software engineers. Dd is graduating from college soon and is looking for a software engineering position (tough time to look for a job, unfortunately). Anyway, just rambling here...I should get to bed.

Angela - thanks for the pm. Lots to think about for my own mental health for sure.

Erica
Old 11-02-22, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Today I decided to try the CDorner kickboxing workout that Angela mentioned in this thread. I liked it, but wow, she can TALK! And most of the talking is to her streamers so it wasn't even about the workout. I added on KCM- Cardio Bootcamp from Body Design for a bit more cardio along with her cool down and some stretching. Now what to make for dinner?

Have a great evening!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts