Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-05-22, 07:41 PM  
wendug

Erica- Maybe if I were leaner then I could do those tricep push-ups. I could stand to lose some weight, but lifting heavy makes me hungry!

I did Fuel Day 1 I believe the day she released it and enjoyed it. I like the format of 2-1-none workouts. It's amazing how those bodyweight moves can burn out the muscles!

I do remember hearing some say that upright rows are dangerous now that you mention it. I haven't had any issues doing them, thank goodness! I used to hate dips, but now that I'm stronger I don't mind them much.
Old 10-06-22, 05:36 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Angela & Erica-

Have either of you tried Chris Pesci's workouts? I've previewed several of them. Sometimes it is just him and other times he is working along with a woman. The workouts seem solid, but the music is very hard rock/metal (not my fave), so I think I would have to mute it if I were to try a workout.
I've subscribed to his channel but something about him bothers me. I can't put my finger on it. I know one thing is the way he drops his head in some of the exercises.
Old 10-06-22, 05:38 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- Maybe if I were leaner then I could do those tricep push-ups. I could stand to lose some weight, but lifting heavy makes me hungry!

I did Fuel Day 1 I believe the day she released it and enjoyed it. I like the format of 2-1-none workouts. It's amazing how those bodyweight moves can burn out the muscles!

I do remember hearing some say that upright rows are dangerous now that you mention it. I haven't had any issues doing them, thank goodness! I used to hate dips, but now that I'm stronger I don't mind them much.
I used to not be able to do upright rows. I use lower weight than I think I can handle and I keep my hand/arms a bit farther apart. I make sure not to srunch my neck and only go up as far as it works, but not to the point of pain. You have to be very careful with upright rows in my non-professional opinion. (:
Old 10-06-22, 05:45 PM  
gigi

Sadly, I did my second workout of the week. No workouts M, T, or W. It's been a rough week. BUT, guess who had a new workout posted yesterday? DanielPT Fitness! I did this warm up: WU and Daniel's 40 Minute Full Body Push Pull Workout. It was quite fantastic. Then I did Cathe's Total Body Stretching: Basic Stretch.

I'm taking M & T off to do some work from the comfort of my home and to rest. I have a baby shower Saturday and my dad and I have been invited to dinner Saturday night.

Happy Friday Eve!
Old 10-06-22, 06:05 PM  
Erica H.

Angela, I very rarely do upright rows but if I do, I do them the way you described. Very carefully. My oldest son is a bodybuilder and he won't do them. He also will only do tricep dips in a certain way because of the risk. He's really cautious about injuries. I love that you enjoy Daniel's workouts so much. I always think of you when I see him. I'm so glad you have a long weekend to look forward to after such a tough week.

Today I did BOLD Upper Body Workout with Dumbbells | EPIC Endgame Day 2. I really like this workout but wish I had heavier weights for the chest and back work. I have 1 lb. wrist weights that I wore but still could have used more weight. My daughter took my 3 pound wrist/ankle weights with her to college - those might have been perfect. Oh well.

Do either of you get overwhelmed with all the workout choices on youtube? Sometimes I spend a ridiculous amount of time choosing a workout because I can't decide and I feel silly getting so stressed about it since it's only one workout and doesn't have to be perfect.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 08:29 PM  
wendug

Angela- It's nice to see you posting. It's good that you were able to get in a Daniel workout today. Some weeks are busier than others so you might not be able to get in as many workouts as you want. But you do put in the effort to work out when you can which is important. We all have weeks like that- just a side effect of being human. Enjoy your baby shower and dinner with your dad!

Erica- I know I've done Epic Endgame 2 before as I love diagonal raises/lateral raises. And yes- sometimes I do get overwhelmed by all the YT choices of workouts. I usually have an idea what type of workout I want to do- cardio, upper body, full body and go from there. I'm discovering that some instructors are great at one type of workout and not so much with others. Sometimes you just have to try a workout to see if you click with an instructor.

Our fence installation didn't get completed. The crew arrived 2 hours late so they didn't have time to finish. So, I have a fence that is missing both gates. I can't let my dogs out as my old guy likes to explore and will take off out of the yard. Hopefully the crew make it back soon to complete the job. It does look nice so far so that is a plus!

I walked a client's dogs tonight and about 10 minutes after I got them outside it started pouring rain. The little pup looked up at me with the saddest eyes like- "why are you doing this to me?" Luckily the rain changed over to a light drizzle so we were able to get our walk in.
Old 10-07-22, 01:49 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I forgot to ask about the fence installation. I had an uneasy feeling about it. Maybe because service has been so bad in many industries lately. Ugh - I'm sorry about that and hope they come back very soon to finish. It's good that the work they did complete looks good, though! Glad the downpour stopped when you walked the dogs. I've gotten caught in downpours when I used to run and that wasn't fun. Rain was okay but getting drenched - not so fun!

Erica
Old 10-08-22, 05:41 PM  
wendug

Happy Weekend!

I didn't do a workout yesterday as I had to do some yard clean-up after the partial fence installation. They destroyed some of my flowers and basically left a mess. I expected to lose some flowers due to their proximity to the fence, but I didn't expect the mess they left in the alley and our driveway. I was sweeping up nails and screws and bits of our old fence along with raking out piles of dirt. Anyway...they did return today and finished up the gates so it is done! Yay! It looks so different with non-weathered wood. I'll probably stain it or seal it next spring. Luckily I don't have to worry about that right now.

Today's workout- Daniel PT 40 Minute Push Pull Full Body Workout. This one was just okay. It is a complex workout and I wasn't moving as fast as Daniel so I felt I did more of the first move than the second. I think I'll stick to his non-complex workouts. Also, he had a complex set of 10-dips & 10 upright rows. So weird since we were just discussing those 2 moves. I made sure to go lighter than I thought on the upright row just to be sure to not injure myself. Also, soooo happy I bought the 30 lb. dumbbells. I definitely needed the heavier weights! Already thinking I could use a 35/40 lb. dumbbell for moves where only one weight is used.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend. The weather here was gorgeous today!
Old 10-08-22, 06:06 PM  
Erica H.

Angela, hope the baby shower and dinner with your dad went well.

Wendy, that's awful about the mess the fence company left! Glad it's all finished though. Beautiful day here too - perfect fall weather.

I did a Daniel workout today too (I always think of Angela when I do his workouts now): 30 minute Upper Body PUSH PULL Dumbbell STRENGTH Workout. It's a chest/back workout so I added my shoulders and arms at the end. I've done this workout before and like it but need heavier weights for many of the moves. I'm not investing in heavier dumbbells so maybe I will replace the wrist weights that I let my daughter take with her to college and just make do with those.

Erica
Old 10-08-22, 07:39 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela, hope the baby shower and dinner with your dad went well.

Wendy, that's awful about the mess the fence company left! Glad it's all finished though. Beautiful day here too - perfect fall weather.

I did a Daniel workout today too (I always think of Angela when I do his workouts now): 30 minute Upper Body PUSH PULL Dumbbell STRENGTH Workout. It's a chest/back workout so I added my shoulders and arms at the end. I've done this workout before and like it but need heavier weights for many of the moves. I'm not investing in heavier dumbbells so maybe I will replace the wrist weights that I let my daughter take with her to college and just make do with those.

Erica
Erica- Do you have weighted gloves? I've been known to use my 2 pound (each) weighted gloves along with 2.5 pound wrist weights while holding dumbbells. It is a bit awkward, but works in a pinch.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts